Cup draw for semis. It's Motherwell

Thirdwatch1965

17 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Aye. 16 years and counting since the last Old Firm Scottish Cup final.

How many times have they been drawn together during those 16 years?

March 2004, January 2005, February 2011, April 2016 and April 2017.

As a conspiracy to keep them apart in the draw, it's a bit of a botched job.

Edited by skygod

20 minutes ago, BigYin said:

I realised yesterday that the final is the same day I’ve got a family wedding on. After not being able to make it in 2012 I vowed never to miss another final we make it in. Would be a big family fallout if I sacked off the wedding should we make the final. Dunno whether to laugh or cry after that semi draw right now 

Their fault for booking it during the season. My niece is getting hitched in August next year. She's been telt.

She's also due to drop her sprog the week of the final. Also telt.

It's like nae bugger owns a calendar these days.

8 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

All I'm saying is we've still a massive job to do. No wins in 15 against aberdeen, let's concentrate on righting that before thinking about Motherwell 

Looking forward to the replay...at the back of my mind is a replay ( i think) against Aberdeen at Rugby Park...Gerry Queen was playing...so it wisnae yesterday...we lost 0-3...however we have had some great results against the Dons since then so anything is possible...c'mon the Killie

9 minutes ago, jock said:

Looking forward to the replay...at the back of my mind is a replay ( i think) against Aberdeen at Rugby Park...Gerry Queen was playing...so it wisnae yesterday...we lost 0-3...however we have had some great results against the Dons since then so anything is possible...c'mon the Killie

Indeed, I'm looking forward to the game and we  have a great chance against the dons, but the draw will feck all if we can't beat the sheep. I'll wait until we beat them before getting excited about the potential game against Motherwell.

Edited by Killie lad

7 minutes ago, jock said:

Our replay record at Rugby Park is pretty poor. I remember beating Celtic in 78, then there was the Inverness fiasco with the frozen pitch, Ayr in 2009, many others?...

15 minutes ago, CB said:

Their fault for booking it during the season. My niece is getting hitched in August next year. She's been telt.

Haha I like that way of doing. Doesn’t even bother me potentially missing the wedding, it’s only a cousin, would just be the big fall out with my dad it would cause!

31 minutes ago, Fankle said:

The red card isnae for you btw, it's for whoever arranged a wedding for cup final day.

(You're not related to Harry or Meghan btw?)...

Aye the cousin that’s getting married isnae even a football fan but you’d think he’d have a bit of decency to check potential date clashes before booking anything!  

Ha nah it ain’t then royal wedding, might be easier if it was, happily them to shove it

1 hour ago, BigYin said:

I realised yesterday that the final is the same day I’ve got a family wedding on. After not being able to make it in 2012 I vowed never to miss another final we make it in. Would be a big family fallout if I sacked off the wedding should we make the final. Dunno whether to laugh or cry after that semi draw right now 

depending on times, turn up at start of the wedding making sure everyone sees you, sneak out the back, go to game, back to wedding reception after the game, pretend you've been there the whole time, sorted

In this case history is no predictor of the future. This team has transformed the norm. Do we have the quality and strength of character to beat the dons? Not a gimme by any means, but we do. You know we do. And would we be favourite on a wide hampden pitch to beat long ball Motherwell? Every bookie in the land will say we are. I’ve never believed so much ( in my 40 years of following killie) that we got what it takes to make a final. And then it will be time for the next DVT to make some history. Game on.

1 hour ago, Killie lad said:

All I'm saying is we've still a massive job to do. No wins in 15 against aberdeen, let's concentrate on righting that before thinking about Motherwell 

We don't need to beat them. A draw is enough and we can go through on penalties. 

1 hour ago, CB said:

What’s her dropping a sprog got to do with you?

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Lots of things used to happen which don't happen any more.

Maybe, but the fact that they used to happen should always ring, and continue to ring, alarm bells.

Do you not think they would still do it if they thought they could get away with it? Means they could do it anytime.

That's never a good place to be.