Saints home, Fred

CB

14 minutes ago, Chum said:

Aye that’s a few times they have disagreed with Clarke’s assertion of our dominance. For me this shows the inherant lack of understanding about football by these clowns. This idea that you have to have the ball to be dominant is why so many teams struggle without it.

Even when St Johnstone (same could be said for hibs and aberdeen games, the goals were blips as Clarke said) had the ball there was nothing they could do with it. Our shape and pressing limited their options in possession and we more often than not won it straight back and countered. 

Spot on, in certain games Clarke has given other teams the ball (most notably motherwell away) and put the emphasis on them having to come at us.

The possession stats never give a true reflection, you can have 60% but if every pass is sideways it dosnt illustrate this. Shots on Goal / Corners, these are the stats to show a dominance, as shown by last night:

Shots
Home20
Away6
Shots on Target
Home5
Away1

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Now had a chance to watch the penalty from the highlights.

I do not have a scobie what Tommy Wright was complaining about.

Also the red card did not look that controversial either.

Derek McInnes has had the desired effect, now the hammer throwers in charge of our clubs will tarnish JJ’s name at every opportunity, how to chase away talent from a game already starved of decent players, Scotland eh? The gift that keep on giving,,, to others !!

Clear red card for me. Penalty a bit iffy, guy got a fair bit of the ball. I don't think jj dived at all though. There was also a challenge on SOD first half which was scandalous. Guy goes in knee high and was lucky he didn't do real damage. 

Not much football about St Johnstone last night

Edited by All the Wine

12 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Clear red card for me. Penalty a bit iffy, guy got a fair bit of the ball. I don't think jj dived at all though. There was also a challenge on SOD first half which was scandalous. Guy goes in knee high and was lucky he didn't do real damage. 

Not much football about St Johnstone last night

Miller also left one on Dicker as well. I noticed that saints had lost it a bit vs Rangers and they seemed to continue that last night.

10 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

They are only appealing it so he is available for the game against Dundee. It's clever from them. They all know it won't be rescinded but they need their first team all available for Dundee away.

Seems like the only reason for an appeal. I cant see any grounds whatever to contest the decision.

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Derek McInnes has had the desired effect, now the hammer throwers in charge of our clubs will tarnish JJ’s name at every opportunity, how to chase away talent from a game already starved of decent players, Scotland eh? The gift that keep on giving,,, to others !!

Easy with the Hammer Throwers references; what have we ever done to you? Unless you mean strong, fast, well balanced and technically adept, of course!

8 hours ago, Dan1el said:

Tshibola is a cracking player, he does tend to dwell on the ball at certain times but I think its due to waiting for the play to move on, to make the correct pass.

If all that's missing is for him to get used to time on the ball we are on to a winner! Thats something they can work on in training, he has all the other attributes

I'm a bit surprised at some of the negative comments about him. I actually had him down as our second best player (next to JJ) at half time. 

He drifted out of it in the second half but he is getting better every game. 

3 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I'm a bit surprised at some of the negative comments about him. I actually had him down as our second best player (next to JJ) at half time. 

He drifted out of it in the second half but he is getting better every game. 

I'm with you, had said to my brother just a bit through 2nd half before the 2nd goal that i felt he was only second to MotM due to Jones but fell out a bit after the 2nd goal, he controlled the game first half and really isn't shy at putting a foot in with some force. He had a great game, but so many others had a great game, Erwin, Taylor, SOD, Finlay, Power and some others. The boy is coming along well.

I really enjoyed this game. I thought it was fairly even up until our penalty and then we were different class and worthy of a few more goals. I thought Dicker's touch and passing were poor at the start but he got better and better as the game went on.I know JJ will rightly get all the plaudits but Greg Taylor was outstanding and, like Dicker, Erwin got better as the game went on. SOD is a player who impresses me more and more every time I see him- I was not his biggest fan earlier in the season but he's a player.