Kilmarnock Transfer 2016

Craigieboy

Not going to hold my breath for Armstrong.  It would be a bit of a coup to get a year out of a player with that kind of talent.  Let's enjoy the rumours for the minute, cos at least they are more exciting than last year's big wowdy shockaroonie Hearts and Rangers reserves jobs.  #gawnyerselleeclark!

11 new players?...

Teenager Greg Taylor has signed a new three-year contract at Kilmarnock as manager Lee Clark eyes 11 new players ahead of pre-season training.

The 18-year-old left-back, who joined Kilmarnock after leaving Rangers two years ago, made his first three appearances at the end of the season.

It is understood deals have been agreed with around five players from England.

Kilmarnock, who avoided relegation via the play-offs, are also hoping to secure a number of players on loan.

The Scottish Premiership club released eight players and placed seven others on the transfer list at the end of the season.

But they are keen to extend the contracts of defender Miles Addison and forward Rory McKenzie and remain confident that they are near agreements with both.

I wonder how many of the eleven are dependent on getting the transfer listed players off the books. 

Exciting times to be a supporter with a lot of transfer activity but hopefully this is the last year of wholesale changes and in the future we are only looking at two or three to strengthen and evolve the team.

29 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

Getting wifi at work and one of the installers is from Birmingham. Didn't rate Clarke's management skills when he was there but said his signings were always good players.

Seconded, live in Solihull and the blues fans always say he has an eye for a player, but his management and tactics are a bit wayward. 

Would be nice to sign players who are not just journeymen (insert various names here - Racchi etc)here for a season and then fade away but at the same time we got our fingers burnt with 3 yr deals under Locke - what do we do ? o.O

On 6 June 2016 at 6:33 PM, skygod said:

Armstrong scored 20 goals in 38 (2) appearances for Coventry City last season which, for an 18/19 year-old, is some going. cf Lee Novak's 14 goals in 32 (3).

Would be quite some acquisition, I think.

He looks ridiculously good. Why on earth would he come to Rugby Park?

10 hours ago, KennyH80 said:

Seconded, live in Solihull and the blues fans always say he has an eye for a player, but his management and tactics are a bit wayward. 

thirded, half my inlaws are blue noses, liked him a man but not as a manager. But could spot a player. The difference Rowett made when he came in, without any money, was huge!

Somebody else came up with his name last week.

English-born Scotland U21 international who has played most of his first-team football on loan at Chesterfield, Stevenage and Burton Albion.

Suffered a torn testicle in March....

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

thirded, half my inlaws are blue noses, liked him a man but not as a manager. But could spot a player. The difference Rowett made when he came in, without any money, was huge!

Just have to hope the guy has learned from his experiances. We couldnt judge him too much on last season and I never seen anything to make me particularly worried about him tactically or as a man manager but time will tell once he has his own squad to do as he wishes with.

15 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Just have to hope the guy has learned from his experiances. We couldnt judge him too much on last season and I never seen anything to make me particularly worried about him tactically or as a man manager but time will tell once he has his own squad to do as he wishes with.

he has to be an improvement on Gl, for now it is LC blue and white army

I doubt Mixu was tactically shrewd. Kenny was always the tactician in that partnership.

If Clark can spot a player then he will be successful in Scotland. There are very few tactically sharp managers in the SPL. Recruitment and organisation are the only things needed to compete in our league... and so far Clark has demonstrated he can organise a team.