Kilmarnock Transfer 2016

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Really happy we are signing players but they all seem very young. That we'd have a bit more experience!

You will have a spine or nuclues of Macdonald Addison Dicker Smith Mckenzie Maggennis Boyd, all of whom have experience, plus maybe a couple more in

6 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

We knew Higgy, Balatoni, Mchattie, Robinson, Hamill, Carrick etc and they didn't all set the world alight. I have faith Clark knows what he's doing.

I agree they were flops but right now they look like the Huddersfield Under 21s

At least we are all in the same boat as I don't expect anybody knows much about these players, other than what can be researched.

So it's an open mind on them all.

One thing that bothers me is that they are all in the19-22 age range, not from the viewpoint of experience but physical strength. A team of kids will get bullied rotten if we play too many at a time.

We need more experienced defenders than just Addison surely? Smith isn't that reliable fitness-wise.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

At least we are all in the same boat as I don't expect anybody knows much about these players, other than what can be researched.

So it's an open mind on them all.

One thing that bothers me is that they are all in the19-22 age range, not from the viewpoint of experience but physical strength. A team of kids will get bullied rotten if we play too many at a time.

We need more experienced defenders than just Addison surely? Smith isn't that reliable fitness-wise.

I think you will find that coming from the English game they'll be bigger and stronger than the Scottish equivalent. Although I could be proved wrong.

Kilmarnock have bolstered their squad with nine new signings, including former Sheffield United midfielder Callum McFadzean.

Joshua Webb and Jamie Cobain are added to manager Lee Clark's defensive options, along with loan arrivals Jonathan Burn and Mark Waddington.

Jordan Jones and Martin Smith are midfielders, while goalkeeper Oliver Davies returns for a second loan spell.

Striker Souleymane Coulibaly has also been recruited.

The 21-year-old, a star at the 2011 Under-17 World Cup for Ivory Coast, arrives from Peterborough United, having been on loan at Newport County last season.

McFadzean, the oldest of the signings at 22, has been capped by Scotland at under-21 level and spent four years with the Blades.

Cobain, 19, arrives from Newcastle United, with Webb, 20, released by Reading.

Clark, a former Newcastle player, has picked up Jones, 21, and Smith, 20, from Middlesbrough and Sunderland, respectively.

Of the loan signings, Davies, 21, returns from Swansea City to provide back-up for Jamie MacDonald, with Burn, 20, from Middlesbrough and Waddington, 19, from Stoke City.

Davies did not feature for Killie last term, with a shoulder injury curtailing his stay at Rugby Park.

(BBC)

The way the club drip-fed the announcements was not conducive to media announcements. Other outlets have started off with four new signings and had to update that.

Nothing wrong with the BBC waiting until near close of play. Even then, Addison was added later.