Kilmarnock Transfer 2016

Craigieboy

Big Josh in for a shock upon his return, leaves and there is only 5, returns and an entire under 20 team is now in the changing room with him!

Be honest heard of none of them and while I want to believe I am wary after likes of Karlsson who arrived as a young player with a good reputation and did...........

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

James Cobain 

Thanks, would never have got that, feel like we need a leaner squad this season to give them a chance of game time and to bed in so hopefully not too many more guess the body part photos

32 minutes ago, IMO said:

Thanks, would never have got that, feel like we need a leaner squad this season to give them a chance of game time and to bed in so hopefully not too many more guess the body part photos

I stand corrected it was indeed Callum McFadzean, it's confusing trying to keep up with all the new names lol 

Have to say i have never read an article about killie quite like the "11 signings in one day" on the bbc website.

at the first game of the season im really not going to have a clue what players i am watching, i hope their names will be printed in big writing on their shirts

i was a bit surprised to see that none of them are older than 22 but with addison signing, gary dicker and jamie macdonald i suppose we do have an experienced and quite vocal spine to hold it all together.

lets face it the squad the last two seasons has been terrible, there has always been decent players in there but the two previous managers just seemed to betempted into signing players too easily, even when we already had 5 players in the position.  

Not to mention injury prone journeymen - which probably is the worst thing you can do as Usually its the teams with the settled elevens that do well.

It needed something radical doing, that has certainly happened, and personally i am looking forward to seeing how it works out.

9 hours ago, fraz65 said:

The eleven signings are great news but interesting that the club decided to gain maximum media exposure by announcing them all on the biggest news day since 9/11.

They must want to minimise season ticket sales, or they're just incompetent.

or to look at it another way they announced the signings 2 days before the killie fun day which could be considered a shrewd move as I think in general football is a brief respite from real life for a lot of people

It is a big gamble for sure but we were in a position where we had nothing to lose. The club was on a downward trajectory and relegation was bound to happen anytime soon. We couldn't go on the way we were and expecting things to change for the better. Fair play to Clark for having the guts and the conviction to make such big changes and I guess we should also give credit to the club for supporting him. Hopefully those that are transfer listed we also now get moved on and we will be able to bring in a couple more in some of the arenas where we are still light. I'm sure once the season gets closer those guys won't want to get frozen out and will be more prepared to accept any offers that come their way. 

1 hour ago, diamond_geezer said:

It's kind of s**t  or bust from LC. I'm still reeling from the Brexit thingy , been in the office for 36 hours, nae sleep, and now this. It's exciting, in a way, but I'm filled with trepidation. On the other hand, can it be worse than the last 3 seasons? 

It's reminiscent of Claude Anelka's Raith Rovers.