Are we supporting the Jambos on Friday Night?

gdevoy

I think we'll struggle to achieve fourth. Despite our excellent recent run, over 19 games we gained seven points on Aberdeen. I'm not sure what we gained on Hibs but suspect that it's a similar figure. 

An eight point deficit over ten games will be difficult, unless Hibs have a serious downturn in form to earn just over a point a game. 

I would therefore be hoping for a draw. 

6 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I think we'll struggle to achieve fourth. Despite our excellent recent run, over 19 games we gained seven points on Aberdeen. I'm not sure what we gained on Hibs but suspect that it's a similar figure. 

Aye but bearing in mind we gave these f**kers a 7 game start, to get close enough to even contemplate getting fourth is astonishing.

Draw for me as that would allow us to keep Hibs in sight and still have a chance of opening up a nice gap on Hearts. That draw would take Hibs nine points clear and hopefully we could cut that to six on Saturday. Hibs run in to the split is against clubs in the bottom six so have to hope for an upset or two in there. Then a win against them in the post split fixtures. It’s going to be a hell of a hard task to get that fourth spot. A Hearts win would probably be better in terms of catching Hibs but obviously would keep them closer in the race for fifth. 

For the first season in a long time I'm actually enjoying the fact that we don't have to hope results in other games going out way and that we are progressing up the league on our own merit. 

Finishing 5th would be a fantastic achievement as at the start of the season I would have said the first five positions were looking fairly certain with only 6th place up for grabs. We are now in a situation where we could even go one better than that. 

I think we’ll finish above Motherwell and therefore secure top 6 independent of hearts performances. Therefore I’m inclined to Back the jumbos tonight- recognising the potential of hearts to overtake us for 5th by winning matches like the hibs game. So hearts win pls. In years ( months) ahead I’m not sure we will differentiate whether we finish 6 th or 5th ( I know there is a money difference) but if it transpires that we qualify for Europe by finishing 4th, we’ll all remember that. It’s a long shot...hibs pre split games look similar in profile to ours....but I’ll twist...

At the start of every season I say that in the ideal world Killie win every game and all the other games are draws, a draw is best outcome on this one at the moment with a Hibs win second best option because then i can continue to happily gaze at the table with us in 5th tonight before our game tomorrow. While 4th would be great wouldn't want us to look at a 5th or 6th place finish as any kind of failure/disappointment at the end of a great season.

A draw, if not that then a Hibs win, whether 5th or 6th a top 6 spot would be incredible and should be our main aim, think Hibs are too far gone.. We gave the other lot too big a head start for 4th, they won't be so lucky with Sir Stevie at the helm for the full campaign.