Rossco Fred

CB

7 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Think the lads made enough off the bookies today that we can collectively buy the Howard

Try telling my mate that, £250 on 3-0 Killie.... As he says thou, if your not prepared to lose don't bet. Still it's a bit of a boot in the spuds.

• CB unpinned this topic

I think we looked tired at the end, although Tish will be the scapegoat it was not a good pass to him, the County player got onto him very quickly and caused him to misplace his pass, apart from that he was very good today.

In many ways this may be a good thing for the upcoming Cup game.

Another three points in the bag, Top 6 all but certain, possible SC Semi coming up, look back a few months if its depression we seek

Steve Clarke's Killie showed their strike power with all three attackers finding the net in our 3-2 victory over Ross County.

Lee Erwin, Kris Boyd and Eamonn Brophy were all on target as the hosts blew away the league's basement side before two late slips made the contest appear much more even.

Rory McKenzie and Greg Kiltie came into the side as Killie's heavy schedule required rotation with Alan Power and the injured Jordan Jones dropping out.

The hosts were on the front foot from the off and it was little surprise when our dominance was rewarded. Good work down the right saw Stephen O'Donnell get free and his cross found Lee Erwin to tap in his second goal in as many matches.

County, now under the management of Stuart Kettewell and Steven Ferguson, were unable to get a foothold into the match with McKenzie forcing another excellent save from McCarey on the cusp of half time. 

With Greg Taylor forced off through a dead leg, Aaron Simpson took his chance to impress by providing his first Killie assist as he crossed for Kris Boyd to lash home his 19th goal of the campaign.

Boyd was replaced by Eamonn Brophy midway through the half and the birthday boy, who turned 22 today, made an instant impact with a wonderful finish.

The ex-Hamilton man picked up the ball on the edge of the box before drifting past one County defender and unleashing a vicious strike which left McCarey with no chance.

County posed little danger to the Killie goal yet they found themselves in with a chance after Tshibola's backpass played in Billy Mckay and he lofted his finish over Jamie MacDonald.

The Staggies grabbed a second with moments to play as Alex Schalk tapped home from Michael Gardyne's cross.

The day belonged to Killie as we consolidated our top six place and now look ahead to Tuesday night's cup replay against Aberdeen.

Kilmarnock: MacDonald; O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor (Simpson); Dicker, McKenzie, Tshibola; Kiltie (Mulumbu), Erwin, Boyd (Brophy) 

Att: 4,001 

Disappointing to lose 2 goals in the last 5-6 min. Lets not forget hard cup game 7 days ago hard league game 4 days ago no mater how fit the players are and allowing for some squad rotation. They could be slightly mentally tired. And county fighting for there life to avoid the drop. Cut them some slack and be happy we won. No ar*e booting required. 

1 hour ago, KTIDanny85 said:

Epic! All three strikers getting a goal. 

If we dont concede that will be the last 4 home games, 3 league and 1 cup (Brora), havent conceded a goal.

Red card = Fanny

That should have been the case. Really sloppy and overplaying it gifted them the first goal and although the second came from probably their only decent move of the game we should never have lost another goal after the first one. Other than that it was a very comfortable victory with good performances from O'Donnell, McKenzie and Erwin. McKenzie made a couple of wrong choices but worked very hard in the middle of the park. 

Hopefully Jones and Taylor will both be fit for Tuesday. Will be interesting to see what the line up will be. We have such good strength in depth these days. 

10 home games, 9 wins and a draw. Just wish we had beaten Hibs! Amazing stuff. 

49 minutes ago, DG5 said:

Disappointing to lose 2 goals in the last 5-6 min. Lets not forget hard cup game 7 days ago hard league game 4 days ago no mater how fit the players are and allowing for some squad rotation. They could be slightly mentally tired. And county fighting for there life to avoid the drop. Cut them some slack and be happy we won. No ar*e booting required. 

Happy to cut them some slack as we have the 3 Points but we can't use County are fighting for their lives as an excuse as they were totally dead and buried at 3-0. We gifted them their way back into the game.  

We've had two relatively easy home games, Aberdeen will be much better opposition. It will be a tough one on Tuesday. 

Edited by historyman

It's genuinely strange watching a Killie team beating another team so easily. We never looked on doubt today at all. I'm disregarding the two goals. Tsh makes a mistake and we switch off a bit for the second, but they will take the lessons from that. Confidence must be soaring.

Taylor came limping past when I was in the queue for tickets after the game. Fingers crossed, but Simpson did well I thought. 

3 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

But will he?  A cracking player who has been caught being too casual in every game I've seen him play. 

Are you saying he is the only Killie player to make a mistake or get caught on the ball, I think he is showing genuine improvement in every game, he wants to extends loan deal, I would get it done quickly.

Clarke said: “In the last five minutes we probably just lost concentration. If you lose concentration at any level in football you tend to get punished and that’s what happened.

“The actual performance of the team, from start to almost finish, was excellent.”

All of Kilmarnock’s goals came from their forwards, and Clarke added: “It’s always good for strikers to score.

“I asked Lee Erwin to play a little bit out of position to cover the left side but he did it very well and it was nice he got the goal.

“Kris will always score if you give him the ball in the box, which is what he did. And young Eamonn off the bench is always a threat and when he gets the ball and he’s in the box with a chance to shoot, he normally hits the back of the net so that’s good for us.”

5 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

Song of the day “ when Boyd goes up to lift the Scottish cup” 

can actually picture him going up to get the cup this year. What a fitting end to his top flight career that would be!

I’m starting to believe this. I remember folk telling me when I was a kid all legends like Monty, McPherson and Holt were missing as Killie players was a trophy. They got one. I thought the same about guys like Hay and Fowler even Pasca. At this time Boyd is a Killie legend he’s going to be top five all time scorers possibly by the end of the month. But a trophy immortalises him in Killie folklore

1 hour ago, MrTumnus said:

But will he?  A cracking player who has been caught being too casual in every game I've seen him play. 

I think he's learning.  I've been quite critical of Tshbola's off the ball energy levels when shutting down other teams.  Today I was delighted to see him harrying and chasing the opposition and on many occasions he forced errors or won the ball back.  

I think he'll be better for that mistake, and as a team I think it helped Clarke's pre-match talk on Tuesday.  It's a perfect reminder that we're only as good as we perform and concentration levels must be there from start to finish against a good Aberdeen squad.