Tickets for Tuesday

Bobby14

8 minutes ago, harley said:

Just over 4200 (Officially 4228 I think). East Stand was 4900, End stands 4500 each. That brought the capacity up to 18128. We may have lost a few seats for TV etc. Looks like just over 9000 tickets sold for FB & East and we might have over 10,000 home fans with walk ups in the Moffat. Excellent effort guys.

That would be incredible.....makes my prediction of 5k to 6k home fans look somewhat pish. 

3 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Got to agree with @Mclean07, never understood why supporters are up in the top tier. Doesn’t give off a good impression.

Always looks better with fans behind the goal. Remember the scenes with Williamson at Ibrox in 93 and McIntyre at Easter Road in 97 with the fans going crazy along with the players.

Unforgettable images.

They could  always open  the bottom centre section as well as top tiers so at least you could have a choice where to sit but  I suppose that would remove some crappy advert.

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

Capacities after reconstruction were

FB - 4,400

East - 4,904

Moffat and Chadwick - 4,412 each

Cheers for the exact figures Skydog.makes it look even better. Definitely looking like over 9000 tickets sold even taking out the freebies for both clubs in the FB.

2 minutes ago, harley said:

Cheers for the exact figures Skydog.makes it look even better. Definitely looking like over 9000 tickets sold even taking out the freebies for both clubs in the FB.

FB stand less now due to BT/Sky studio and new hospitality boxes.

4 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

f**k TV. TV is what is at the core of all domestic football outside of England's problems and now its all important to look good on TV. There are things we need to care about, looking good on TV is not one of them. 

Exactly, if there's no TV cameras then it means I can go scruffy without combing my hair and wearing a suit. Fed up trying to look good for the cameras. 

Not wanting to be a party pooper but we haven't sold out the family section. We've sold all other available East and West tickets but not the family bit as those tickets were excluded from sale.

We'll just need to wait and see what the attendance is but hopefully walk ups will boost the numbers by a couple of hundred anyway.

1 minute ago, Ben Reilly said:

Not wanting to be a party pooper but we haven't sold out the family section. We've sold all other available East and West tickets but not the family bit as those tickets were excluded from sale.

We'll just need to wait and see what the attendance is but hopefully walk ups will boost the numbers by a couple of hundred anyway.

Correct. I'd Imagine the corner of the Moffat end of the FB won't have been sold either. That's for the ambulant & sensory members of the DSA

1 minute ago, Skora11 said:

Also ST holders that didn't buy their seats won't be sold. So not quite sold out in both stands, but a great effort.

That's not true I'm afraid. You had the 'right' to buy your ST seat but so did anyone else. If someone requested that particular seat, it's sold.

Of course what I was saying was, don't limit people to the top section. Many kids, for instance like sitting near the front. If people choose the top section, fine. Laugh all you like, but there's nothing better than seeing the joy on people's faces when a goal scorer runs to the crowd. As someone said, these are the iconic images from Ibrox and Bobby Williamson's goal. Not quite the same if he was looking at a bank of empty seats. I realise the messenger is the problem, but I think it's a missed opportunity. Hope 3000 turn up in the Moffat and I can enjoy watching the " advertising contracts " suddenly becoming null and void. Have a good night, everyone,

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Amazing that it has gone from buying a ticket in advance being advisory to sold out and a third stand opened.

"Amazing" in that the club can misjudge the demand, that is.

Even they probably didn't think we could rustle up 5000 plus glory hunters after having had months battering their heads against a brick wall.