Tickets for Tuesday

Bobby14

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

'For the avoidance of doubt' this information is completely false.

I was in the shop on the first day tickets went on sale and saw Shop staff selling any specific seat requested to anyone who asked.

Within a couple of hours of opening I heard the guy in front of me being informed that his regular ST seat had already been sold to someone else.

It wasn't a great hassle for him as there was still plenty of choice and he only had to ask for another one, but why send out this misinformation at a time when there is already so much confusion?

Happened to me too on Friday. 

ST seats for my old man & I had already been sold so managed to get a few rows in front.  No issues with that if it's adding to the support, as long as we don't get the "YOU'RE SITTIN IN MY SAIT" hassle when we've moved from ours without protest. 

Edited by killiecross

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

This is turning into a bit of a nightmare here.  Been trying to get someone at the club since 9am - online it seems as though my ST seat has already been allocated to someone else...

Still not got a ticket.

Moffat is open on the night, not ideal if you want part of the atmosphere but there is your backup.

There are 492 seats available in the FB and East at the moment. Some still in the upper section of east. 

In future if we're expecting a big turnout then Season ticket holders should get a day or 2 to buy ahead of public sale. It's just that we've not had this situation outwith Falkirk and Ayr for a long time.

It's just common decency to sit where your ticket says. It's one game

2 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Moffat is open on the night, not ideal if you want part of the atmosphere but there is your backup.

There are 492 seats available in the FB and East at the moment. Some still in the upper section of east. 

In future if we're expecting a big turnout then Season ticket holders should get a day or 2 to buy ahead of public sale. It's just that we've not had this situation outwith Falkirk and Ayr for a long time.

I thought someone on Facebook late yesterday said West was sold out ??

3 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Agreed.  My issue is that I'm not sure whether my ST seat has been sold - or whether it's actually just being held for me yet; and I can't seem to speak to anyone at the club to clarify.

I'm sceptical about the key they've used - inasmuch as ST seats are coloured dark blue, and allocated seats are coloured in grey, because I can't see any dark blue seats whatsoever.  Has anyone else seen any?

Added to this - and I know we're all huge optimists here (McLean07 excepted) but are we really saying that we've sold about 9000 tickets for this game already?...

Edited by Estragon

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

Agreed. It is. But you just know it will only take one arse hole in the east or west stand to muck almost everything up entirely. Perhaps an announcement every five minutes or so from 7:15 onwards reminding supporters to sit on the seat number allocated to them would help?

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Short sighted views on here. We're tying to get people looking at RP as an exciting place to come to. 

When you sit in the end stand at a ground the higher up you are the better view you get of the whole pitch. That's why we always sat as high up the stand at Love Street as possible, and that's why the visibility in the end stand at the new St. Mirren ground is so bad, because to make the ground compact they made all four stands the same height.

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

We have had since the Ayr fiasco to sort this out.  Not rocket science we have a stadium which is far to big for our needs. We should be the last team in Scotland to have this kind of problem.  

Day one and or two of sales only for Season Ticket holders with seats kept and they can buy for guests, then general sale for all for any that is left -anywhere!!

My preferred option is just general sale from the start and if you are that bothered where you sit - buy early

18 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Results and talking to your pals about it will do far more to encourage you to the game than the seats behind the goals having other people that isn't you sitting on them for the benefit of TV highlights (that you probably don't even watch) 

This.  Forcing fans to sit in worse seats coz it looks better on the telly might actually discourage people from attending in future...

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

I thought someone on Facebook late yesterday said West was sold out ??

Limited availability. about 274 seats can be picked on the website when buying a ticket.

@Estragon If you go onto the website and put a ticket in the basket, then before you pay there's an option to pick your seat. Just go to the section and see if it's greyed out.

9 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

What happens if we get enough folk walking up to fill the top half of the Moffat, will they move the banners in the lower half to let fans in? Nice problem to have of course!

Move one banner at a time. Highest bidders get to keep their advert. Nice wee extra revenue generator.

6 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Limited availability. about 274 seats can be picked on the website when buying a ticket.

@Estragon If you go onto the website and put a ticket in the basket, then before you pay there's an option to pick your seat. Just go to the section and see if it's greyed out.

I eventually got through to the club shop after about two hours, and was told that they had started by selling SOME season ticket seats and then changed their policy....right.

Got three tickets for up the back of the FB stand.

The level of organisation at the club has always been a f**king nightmare.  I remember my Dad queuing up on to the street looking for tickets to Easter Road in 1997, and Ronnie Hamilton and his wife were having to circulate with flasks of tea!

Anyway, panic over....'mon the Killie!

3 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Move one banner at a time. Highest bidders get to keep their advert. Nice wee extra revenue generator.

Win, win, good publicity if everyone talking about and picture in the papers of someones banner being moved to make way for big crowd.  I would not mind my company name being mentioned (good publicity) in this way if I was a sponsor.  They sponsor because they want to help the club.

How much attention to people normally pay to sponsors banners, I am sure this would give more attention