Tickets for Tuesday

Bobby14

14 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Why can’t the club just give an update to how many tickets have been sold?

Because it doesn't really matter apart from to those who get excited about attendance numbers, who will god forbid, have to wait until it's announced tomorrow night to wet themselves through excitement of a big crowd or anger at a small one.

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Because it doesn't really matter apart from to those who get excited about attendance numbers, who will god forbid, have to wait until it's announced tomorrow night to wet themselves through excitement of a big crowd or anger at a small one.

Internet has been won today

This is going to be a shambles, As above - how can you advise people to sit ONLY in their allocated seat whilst operating a cash gate which does not allocate a seat???

Don't get me wrong, if as I suspect it goes like the Ayr League Cup game i'll just sit where I can but at the minute it looks like there's going to be chaos with this disorganisation. Just going to try get in early

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I missed the first 20 minutes of Saints game to ensure we got our allocated Season Ticket seats.If I wanted a random unallocated seat the ticket office was selling them and I wouldn't have had to line up for an hour. It was Season Books in the shop and they had to find your seat on the booking system then print a ticket, 1 machine was down and it took ages.If I wasn't bothered about where I was sitting I would just pay cash on the night im sure that's what the majority will do. It will be busier than normal but will be nowhere near a sell out. If the Club would remove reserved stickers from seats that are no longer reserved by Season Ticket holders that would save a lot of confusion, now crowds are up all be it only slightly I am forever moving folk off our seats and no doubt will have to again on Tuesday. It's a pity instead of looking forward to the game and getting behind the team we are all arguing about who is sitting where. If you are in someone's seat who has an allocated ticket for that seat just move without fuss if you are asked politely.

I

Would you have objected if the club had made the game ticketed but unallocated ?

We bought our tickets last Wednesday and our season ticket seats had gone but accepted what they offered us. I really don't get the fuss about sitting in the same seats.

15 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Pretty sure the Moffat and Chadwick hold 4400 each. Not sure the breakdown between the east and west. 

East/West breakdown is irrelevant, they hold around 9000, between them then if capacity is 18000, and it looks like there are about just over 1000 tickets left, of those allocated for sale.

What we don't know is how many have been sold for the area not released for online sales, the family sections.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

East/West breakdown is irrelevant, they hold around 9000, between them then if capacity is 18000, and it looks like there are about just over 1000 tickets left, of those allocated for sale.

What we don't know is how many have been sold for the area not released for online sales, the family sections.

3500 in FB stand.

6 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

This is going to be a shambles, As above - how can you advise people to sit ONLY in their allocated seat whilst operating a cash gate which does not allocate a seat???

Don't get me wrong, if as I suspect it goes like the Ayr League Cup game i'll just sit where I can but at the minute it looks like there's going to be chaos with this disorganisation. Just going to try get in early

How do you know the cash gate won’t give you a ticket with a seat number on it?

Just now, heynow2005 said:

Agree but not "going to be a shambles" it already is.  Booked on line Saturday morning, queued at ticket office for collections as specifically instructed by stewards, got to the front to be told on line pick ups are in shop, joined back of shop q but after inching forward for twenty minutes got old that on line purchases made that day hadn't been printed. My son went back on the train today to pick them up.Get there early is only option, if you have a reserved seat and someone is already in it who refuses to move then what do you do? It only takes a few to do this and its a free for all. 

6 minutes ago, Killiesince69 said:

Agree but not "going to be a shambles" it already is.  Booked on line Saturday morning, queued at ticket office for collections as specifically instructed by stewards, got to the front to be told on line pick ups are in shop, joined back of shop q but after inching forward for twenty minutes got old that on line purchases made that day hadn't been printed. My son went back on the train today to pick them up.Get there early is only option, if you have a reserved seat and someone is already in it who refuses to move then what do you do? It only takes a few to do this and its a free for all. 

OMG the club have issued a statement telling people to sit in their allocated seat.

I can only assume folk who pay at gate will get a ticket, these can be printed off by the club from the system(those not sold), for allocation to those paying t gate.

If someone wont move ask a steward for assistance.

Would people sit in someone else's seat a sold out gig, cinema, or show what is it with footy fans, that they cant follow a simple ticket system ??

As soon as the club decided to sell tickets then you need to sit on the allocated seat, as confirmed by the club. 

Edited by Andy

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

OMG the club have issued a statement telling people to sit in their allocated seat.

I can only assume folk who pay at gate will get a ticket, these can be printed off by the club from the system(those not sold), for allocation to those paying t gate.

Would people sit in someone else's seat a sold out gig, cinema, or show what is it with footy fans, that they cant follow a simple ticket system ??

As soon as the club decided to sell tickets then you need to sit on the allocated seat, as confirmed by the club. 

Unless people are lying, there are also posts earlier in this thread that fans bought tickets that were unallocated for the East Stand too.

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

You must have lived a charmed life if you have never gone to a gig, the cinema, or a show, and there was somebody already sitting in your seats. o.O

26 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Would you have objected if the club had made the game ticketed but unallocated ?

We bought our tickets last Wednesday and our season ticket seats had gone but accepted what they offered us. I really don't get the fuss about sitting in the same seats.

As I said earlier it should have been one or the other, NEVER both, but now that I have spent the time queuing for a specific seat I expect to sit in it.

If my usual seat had been (wrongly) sold to someone else I would have picked another, same outcome.

2 minutes ago, Fudgey1989 said:

He doesn't get out much these days unless it's to walk the dug so I imagine his input is irrelevant

Bite me, canny even do that noo she is injured.:13:

The inference  being you would call for the assistance of a steward surely, unless you were happy sitting elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Fudgey1989 said:

Can someone tell me what we did in the late 90s when we pulled in 8/9k per week?

We had an 18,000 capacity ground. We reduce this to 13,600 by closing the Moffat Stand. Allocate the Chadwick Stand to visiting fans and it reduces to 9,200.

Deduct the areas where seats have been removed for various reasons and it comes down below 9,000.

In my opinion, it was always foreseeable that there would be a home gate of around 8,000 or more for this game. It's many years ago now but, when we hosted replays against the likes of Hearts and Dundee United in the 1980s, the crowds increased by about ten-fold. Even allowing for a change in habits, it's not surprising that the home crowd should double for this match.  

I think the club should have announced at the weekend that the Moffat Stand would be open on a PATG basis only - unallocated seating.

Secondly, there has been a great deal of misinformation on here, whether deliberate or innocent, and speculation. I think it would have been sensible for the club to have given an update on the number of tickets sold at close of play each day, instead of people counting unsold seats on the website and giving out unofficial estimates.

It's at times like this that the SLO should come into their own, ensuring that information is flowing to and from the club.

If there are lots of tickets left, say it and eliminate the panicking.

If there's hardly any left and the Moffat Stand is being opened, tell us.

Otherwise, it's going to be 24 hours of rumours and speculation which isn't conducive to attracting anyone in two minds about going along.

Edited by skygod

I bought tickets from the shop on Saturday and asked for East stand, as i couldn't get my own seat as it's in the family section i had to get them for wherever. I needed two adults and three children tickets.  When i got home i noticed the tickets were for the Frank Beatie stand, not a problem but the adult tickets weren't seated together and to make matters worse the three kids tickets weren't next to the adults. So I'm sorry but other than sit in somebody's seat number there's not a  lot else i can do!

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

We had an 18,000 capacity ground. We reduce this to 13,600 by closing the Moffat Stand. Allocate the Chadwick Stand to visiting fans and it reduces to 9,200.

Deduct the areas where seats have been removed for various reasons and it comes down below 9,000.

In my opinion, it was always foreseeable that there would be a home gate of around 8,000 or more for this game. It's many years ago now but, when we hosted replays against the likes of Hearts and Dundee United in the 1980s, the crowds increased by about ten-fold. Even allowing for a change in habits, it's not surprising that the home crowd should double for this match.  

I think the club should have announced at the weekend that the Moffat Stand would be open on a PATG basis only - unallocated seating.

Secondly, there has been a great deal of misinformation on here, whether deliberate or innocent, and speculation. I think it would have been sensible for the club to have given an update on the number of tickets sold at close of play each day, instead of people counting unsold seats on the website and giving out unofficial estimates.

It's at times like this that the SLO should come into their own, ensuring that information is flowing to and from the club.

If there are lots of tickets left, say it and eliminate the panicking.

If there's hardly any left and the Moffat Stand is being opened, tell us.

Otherwise, it's going to be 24 hours of rumours and speculation which isn't conducive to attracting anyone in two minds about going along.

I'm currently in contact with a friend who's not a killie fan (celtic ST holder) and looking to attend the match, likes going to daft games up and down the country. He seems to be having issues buying online. He's now at the point where he's just going to leave it. No harm to the staff but I was in there getting my ticket on Saturday and the old timers that work in there are built for half a dozen customers a week coming through the door, there was as many stewards in the shop as there was lassies punting tickets. In instances like this when a big crowd is expected we should be making it as easy as possible for folk to attend.

1 hour ago, heynow2005 said: