Scott Brown

On 11 March 2018 at 11:04 PM, diamond_geezer said:

Best Scottish midfielder in the last 10 years . Used to live round the corner from me , affable chap , 2 dugs . I wish he had tried harder and either gone abroad or to England , then we could have seen how good he really was.

Think we've seen enough of him in European competition and against national sides for Scotland to see how good he really is. Good in a superior team against lesser opposition....average when in a level playing-field. 

9 hours ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Think we've seen enough of him in European competition and against national sides for Scotland to see how good he really is. Good in a superior team against lesser opposition....average when in a level playing-field. 

You may be right , he might be rubbish , but just shows you how bad all the rest are . 

A standout in SPL games ... a nothing in the rest of world football.  Like another Celtic hero McStay, never in demand from any decent team elsewhere (never mind a big team) so stuck around at the San Giro to see out their career without breaking sweat and running the risk of being found out.  Got more respect for Barry Ferguson for at least trying the Premiership and failing at it than not giving it a shot.

6 hours ago, chubbs said:

A standout in SPL games ... a nothing in the rest of world football.  Like another Celtic hero McStay, never in demand from any decent team elsewhere (never mind a big team) so stuck around at the San Giro to see out their career without breaking sweat and running the risk of being found out.  Got more respect for Barry Ferguson for at least trying the Premiership and failing at it than not giving it a shot.

Aye, Barry Ferguson showed great respect to the national team. A real role model for youngsters everywhere. 

We all know that his old boss only signed him to help the old Rangers out of yet another financial hole and postpone the inevitable. 

I doubt very much Ferguson's motivation for going was because he didn't think he was being challenged enough in Scottish football. As I said I think the financial situation at Ibrox was the main reason for the transfer. 

In any case, I don't think his time in a struggling lower Premier League club in England can be considered a success. 

He wasnt a great player and he has turned out to be an even poorer coach - even Sevco won't touch him with a barge pole. 

Would prefer Brown in  a Scotland shirt to Ferguson any day. 

10 minutes ago, piffer said:

Guys an arsehole. Got Kipre sent off today for nothing. Down like he’d been shot holding the leg. 

Broadfoot v Rangers anyone?

we are very quick to call out these things when they are done by other players from other teams but when our own players do it they are praised for winding up the opposition. 

On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 6:34 PM, historyman said:

He wasnt a great player and he has turned out to be an even poorer coach - even Sevco won't touch him with a barge pole. 

Have to disagree about Ferguson. Different kind of player to Brown but a much more capable footballer. Ran the show at Wembley when we beat England.

On 16/03/2018 at 6:34 PM, historyman said:

I doubt very much Ferguson's motivation for going was because he didn't think he was being challenged enough in Scottish football. As I said I think the financial situation at Ibrox was the main reason for the transfer. 

In any case, I don't think his time in a struggling lower Premier League club in England can be considered a success. 

Nobody said he was successful ... but at least he gave it a go.

• 2 weeks later...