Radio Aberdeen

Yesterday they talked about Logan Shinnie missing and today Gordon saving. It took me a moment to realise what they were talking about  It looks like they've been told to stop being too familiar with some players. A small step towards neutrality perhaps. 

Aberdeen are in town and where Aberdeen go the Radio Scotland fan club will follow.  Nice for Killie to get a bit more coverage? Chance would be a fine thing. No doubt Willie is at this moment in time on his way to Rugby Park and we will be treated to his customary interest in the opposition. Ever noticed that while Willie will display an in-depth knowledge of  “wer teams”players he often can’t remember, or has never learned, the opposition teams’ names. Aberdeen’s keeper is Lewis Kilmarnock’s is “the keeper”. 

Heard Miller at the tail end of yesterday's latest instalment and from his summary gathered that he had hos own unique viewpoint on matters. Killie are s**te (we certainly weren't great yesterday), Dons should have won by 5 or 6, Kenny McLean is "world class", the Killie fans are deranged - there must be something in Ayrshire water, O'Donnell should have been sent off, Walsh "had a very good game".

43 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Heard Miller at the tail end of yesterday's latest instalment and from his summary gathered that he had hos own unique viewpoint on matters. Killie are s**te (we certainly weren't great yesterday), Dons should have won by 5 or 6, Kenny McLean is "world class", the Killie fans are deranged - there must be something in Ayrshire water, O'Donnell should have been sent off, Walsh "had a very good game".

Miller a pundit with a serious grudge in all matters Killie!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night the  BBC Aberdeen fan club’s game of the day was the Aberdeen game. Well of course it was. In fairness they had not featured Aberdeen as the commentary game since....well since the last time they played. The hype over 2nd place continues and who cares about relegation. Must have been tempting to broadcast from an empty Pitroddie in the seemingly interminable wait between Saturday and Tuesday but somehow they coped. Your licence fee at work. 

• 3 months later...

Hey everybody welcome to the new season. It is always a comfort to know in an ever changing world there are some things that you can rely on. The seasons still change, the death and taxes saying still applies and Radio Scotland will continue to take the absolute piss out of anyone who is not an Aberdeen fan. Sportsound had a problem a couple of weeks back as they had to cover the League Cup. Horror of horrors Aberdeen were not playing. How to survive the weekend? On Saturday you bang on about Aberdeen Burnley and Aberdeen’s need for a striker. On Sunday you schedule an interview with Derek McInnes. Job done. Fortunately no such problem today.    Choice of covering the Lanarkshire derby or Livies return to the premier after many many years v last season’s main story? No chance. As ever the neutrals get chucked under the bus and Willie and Richard get to go to the Aberdeen game. No one apart from Aberdeen and Dundee fans were interested. Remember all the fuss about the coverage of England in the World Cup? How dare the English get excited about England getting to the Semis and all the resultant coverage. Maybe we should think about our cleaning our own backyard before chucking stones at our neighbours. 

I thought the simpering giggle-filled ‘interview’ post match by the female reporter with McInnes was utterly buttock-clenching stuff. He ‘knows who he’s after ‘ nudge nudge wink wink giggle giggle. Them giggle some more. Presumably she is another Aberdeen groupie.

• 2 months later...

Aberdeen's recent upturn in form (or at least results) of course has the team at Radio Aberdeen over excited.  Yesterday's Tynecastle result was sufficient excuse for Richard Gordon to immediately start banging on about how "Aberdeen are the only team Kilmarnock can't handle". He then agrees with Allan Preston's suggestion Aberdeen have won their last 9 games against KFC.  Wow. On Radio Scotland Aberdeen win games even when they don't. 

Edited by Radio Doctor
Typing

10 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

I sincerely hope Celtic rip them a new one in the League Cup Final

I think that is a certainty tbh. Can't believe how lucky Aberdeen have been - they've played - at most - 60 minutes of football combined in their last  360 minutes of play but won all 4 games. That kind of luck can;t go on forever.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Advent everyone. Advent apparently is a time for abstinence and reflection ahead of the feast and fun of Christmas. Accordingly a time to be a bit miserable. This is the best explanation I can find for Radio Aberdeen's bizarre decision to waste today's build up to kick off on a miserable interview with Jim Leighton. Either that or McInnes was not available and they needed yet another excuse to feature Aberdeen on a Saturday Aberdeen were not playing. 

3 hours ago, Radio Doctor said:

Happy Advent everyone. Advent apparently is a time for abstinence and reflection ahead of the feast and fun of Christmas. Accordingly a time to be a bit miserable. This is the best explanation I can find for Radio Aberdeen's bizarre decision to waste today's build up to kick off on a miserable interview with Jim Leighton. Either that or McInnes was not available and they needed yet another excuse to feature Aberdeen on a Saturday Aberdeen were not playing. 

Did anyone remind him that he is a bandy-legged bastard? If not I’m disappointed 

Just now, killie1961 said:

Life is too short to be bitter

I don’t know about that. I thought petty grudges were the main fuel of Scottish football? I really miss insulting opposition players like we used to do. Nowadays there’s practically nobody - maybe Imrie, Daz MacKinnon, Scott brown and that toad-faced cheating monstrosity of a piece of human detritus Morelos - after that I am running out of players that are worthy of abuse. It is all too safe nowadays 

10 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I don’t know about that. I thought petty grudges were the main fuel of Scottish football? I really miss insulting opposition players like we used to do. Nowadays there’s practically nobody - maybe Imrie, Daz MacKinnon, Scott brown and that toad-faced cheating monstrosity of a piece of human detritus Morelos - after that I am running out of players that are worthy of abuse. It is all too safe nowadays 

Who would have thought we might actually miss Donald Park. 

• 3 months later...

Radio Aberdeen covered today’s “massive game” - Hearts v Aberdeen.  Usual excuse for the license fee payers to fund a trip to the game for Richard and Willie plus, just in case that wasn’t sufficient bias, their Dons supporting chum Rob Maclean. Accepted that this did provide comedy gold at full time but any neutral could tell that the game of the day by a million miles in terms of significance was St Mirren Dundee. Richard and the rest have been allowed to bang on about their team for so long that they probably don’t notice the bias. They certainly don’t care.

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

Nothing to do with the BBC but I just realised that there was big games at both Murrayfield and Tynecastle yesterday. 

I thought the police usually vetoed this. 

We were at Tynecastle the same day as a Scotland international earlier in the season or was it last season?