Brophy

Bobby14

That Scotland squad selection just goes to show that no matter who the manager is, no risks will be taken and they'll pick the same old faces. On form Boyd and Brophy should be in there especially over someone like Cummings who's hardly kicked a ball for NF and only makes appearances off the bench af Rangers.

7 minutes ago, Fudgey1989 said:

That Scotland squad selection just goes to show that no matter who the manager is, no risks will be taken and they'll pick the same old faces. On form Boyd and Brophy should be in there especially over someone like Cummings who's hardly kicked a ball for NF and only makes appearances off the bench af Rangers.

Pickomg tbe same old tired facea IS not only a risk but suicide.  They have failed time and again.  Get some others in and get them to f**k.

milk turns quicker than hanley ffs!

He wont play for Scotland while he plays for Killie, however good he gets.

So long as we get the benefit out of him for a while I will be happy.

His willingness to shoot hard and on target from just about anywhere is almost Coulibaly-esq and long may it continue... 

20 minutes ago, Fudgey1989 said:

There are quite a few new faces in the squad this time to be fair.

If he keeps doing what he’s doing then his chance at international level will come. Sadly the spotlight is always on the likes of Cummings at Rangers and Brophy will have to do even more to get noticed. 

Hes getting more and more regular first team football. I think I’m correct in saying he’s scored more goals for us this season than he did in his whole time at Accies. There’s been dramatic improvement in him and I’m sure he’ll be focused on continuing that rather than worrying about the national team.

Sometimes I like to remind myself that I know hee-haw about football management, even after years of playing FM on the computer.

At the start of the season I was sure Boyd was done, but was happy that we had a big strong carthorse in Erwin who would bully defences while Brophy would do the running and the fancy set up play.

Boyd is reborn and by rights should be in the Scotland squad. Erwin has finesse, close control, weights his passes beautifully and sets up crucial goals. Brophy to be fair does plenty of running but is a powerhouse with a thunderous shot.

Knowing that I know nothing kinda takes the pressure off.

11 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Correct. It’s 2 pishy friendlies and we have a heavy schedule. Need that weekend to rest. Hopefully JJ doesn’t get injured playing for NI. 

I think all of them would see representing their country (or even just being in the squad) as a massive honour.

However, I will give you that they need to rest because of the backlog of fixtures.

3 hours ago, Fudgey1989 said:

Are you kidding? It's a massively different squad. Loads of new faces, young boys, exactly what it should be

4 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

His willingness to shoot hard and on target from just about anywhere is almost Coulibaly-esq and long may it continue... 

Agree. He won't have even been looked at. His time will come if he keeps developing. He's a better player than Coulibaly by a long way to me. He'll msybe not be seen as being as entertaining but he offers the team around him so much more. 

5 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

He reminds me of a right footed Leigh Griffiths, hits the ball superbly - in fact he's much better with his left than Griffiths is with his right.

His balance as he hits his goal on Saturday was very reminiscent of Griffiths.

40 minutes ago, livvy said:

Agree. He won't have even been looked at. His time will come if he keeps developing. He's a better player than Coulibaly by a long way to me. He'll msybe not be seen as being as entertaining but he offers the team around him so much more. 

Actually he has, at Tynecastle, after he scored the opener, the camera turns to McLeish sitting in the stand, who can clearly be seen to mouth Brophy to the guy sitting next to him.......

16 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Correct. It’s 2 pishy friendlies and we have a heavy schedule. Need that weekend to rest. Hopefully JJ doesn’t get injured playing for NI. 

I actually think getting a call up would have been a massive confidence boost for the player and the squad as a whole and could only have helped us during the run in. 

13 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Actually he has, at Tynecastle, after he scored the opener, the camera turns to McLeish sitting in the stand, who can clearly be seen to mouth Brophy to the guy sitting next to him.......

Oh that was horrible! A vid of Brophy scoring a great goal for The Mighty ruined by scum music.

This is sounding worse than Celtic's paranoia chaps. Our Scottish players aren't of international quality. Boydie about 5 years ago perhaps. Yes he is banging them in but he struggles to do a full game at the moment and, not only will he be too old at the Euros (if we get there), he would struggle against better quality defenders.

34 minutes ago, killieblues said:

This is sounding worse than Celtic's paranoia chaps. Our Scottish players aren't of international quality. Boydie about 5 years ago perhaps. Yes he is banging them in but he struggles to do a full game at the moment and, not only will he be too old at the Euros (if we get there), he would struggle against better quality defenders.

I’m not paranoid, a don’t think boyd should get in at 34, but when you look at the competition, I think there’s a case for Eamon Brophy.