Disallowed Goal!!

MarkD1989KTID

48 minutes ago, CB said:

Erwin flicked it on. Or, at least, that's what the lino would have seen. Don't take it from the cross. Take your still from the 'flick'

Looked at some hooky video on the book of face. Even taking into consideration a flick from Erwin. It still looks like a red sheep plays Brophy onside. Poor call from the lino.

6 hours ago, Killieboy1980 said:

Highlights on the good old BBC website doesn't help to clear it up as it only shows the goals and the shoot out! 

Those highlights are an embarrassment. There was plenty of stuff everyone wanted to see again. McKenzies booking, McLeans booking, the disallowed goal, a couple of decent Woodman saves, Aberdeen off the bar and MacDonalds super save in extra time. They really should be taking the rights off of BBC as they don’t provide enough quality. Trouble is no one else is either

5 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

Sadly, the only angle I have is the one I was filming from.

Looks a bad decision either way. ¬¬

Oh. It is. Lino, like me, got caught ball watching, rather than watching the play.

He'd have seen him go for it, could N T have seen Brophy from his angle, and guessed it was bundled in at the back post.  

Where a flash of blue & white shrit may have been close to offside for a picosecondf

Let’s take the blue tinted specs off for a minute.

One poster has circled a player about 6 yards onside and claimed it to be Brophy (he thinks). It’s not Brophy. He’d have had to be moving at some rate to make up that ground and get on the end of the cross/flick.

The pictures posted above don’t clear up the decision one way or another. 

Agree that Brophy was probably onside when the ball was played originally, but if Erwin has flicked it on (which we don’t know due to the terrible highlights package) then there is a chance that Brophy is offside. The linesman is looking straight across the line and is in a better position to make the call than any of the two pictures above. 

It’s a hard one to take but it’s another “what if” 

I was in the FB just behind the linesman, and I thought Brophy started just offside. I have to admit I didn't notice where he was when the ball was played though. He was the first player in line with the linesman though so if there were Aberdeen players playing him on he perhaps couldn't see them.