Attendance tonight

Dillinger

53 minutes ago, jasper said:

....all future transfer fees to a fund for refurbishing the stadium ....

Plenty of other calls for that money.

We only made a profit last year because of the fees for Coulibaly and Magennis and other windfalls.

I would agree, however, that the disabled area(s) should be a priority. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Scooby_DooI'm obviously not sure about what would be involved structurally, but we could either start removing rows of seats in certain sections for more comfort. An adjustment would be better than taking full rows out, but don't know if that's possible. I would extend the boxes all the way across the FB and try to rent then out during the week for meetings etc as well as match days. I would bust a gut to get a safe standing area in the front of the East or the Moffat. Let's start with those objectives. Finance? TiK, Stadium naming rights, Corporate sponsorship foe boxes and maybe another Priviledge seat scheme. 

We can't remove rows of seats in the three new stands without creating a huge hazard. Partial conversion to safe standing might be a more feasible idea.

But I still think the club is nowhere near strong enough financially at the moment to be contemplating major structural projects. 

Edited by skygod

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I'm about 6ft 1, although I do have long legs. In any case, my brother in law who sometimes comes to games with me is of similar build and we can't sit in adjacent seats. That is row Z of the East Stand, perhaps it is different elsewhere. 

Legroom in the FB is much better, but it has a restricted view at points. 

Hit the nail on the head there.  The East is totally unsuitable for two 6ft plus guys sitting beside each other.  Back row of the Frank Beatie has about double the legroom in the East!

If they ever got round to putting a modern style roof without pillars on the FB, which was too expensive but planned in the 1990's - that would sort the seating legroom v restricted view issue out.

Changing the stadium configuration may not be required, but its all money isnt it?

32 minutes ago, jasper said:

Older fans will recall that the stand now known as the Frank Beattie was paid for from the sale of Bobby Kennedy to Manchester City. Why not just allocate all future transfer fees to a fund for refurbishing the stadium ?  

If we did have a windfall then replace the East Stand with a new construction, standing section down the front, more comfortable seating at the back. The bulk of our support could then be happily* accommodated. 

* moaning old bams excepted

1 hour ago, harley said:

Well I am around 5'8" sit in the East and the legroom is crap. Bobby Fleeting f**ked up all those years ago. Don't underestimate how many fans it puts off buying a season ticket having to squeeze into those seats. Going to the toilet or the pie stalls is a major exercise. Not a great experience. 

It was a rare Fleeting f*** up, but the original plan (before we got into hotels) included a new roof on the Main Stand when the 3 new stands were built.

Irony is we now cover up seats in the East stand with a Bowie banner - so we don't even use the smaller seat footprint to it's full capacity!

I reckon Fleeting thought those who objected to being crammed in like sardines would migrate over to the redeveloped Main Stand without pillars.

That never happened, cos we built a hotel..

1 hour ago, RAG said:

It was a rare Fleeting f*** up, but the original plan (before we got into hotels) included a new roof on the Main Stand when the 3 new stands were built.

Irony is we now cover up seats in the East stand with a Bowie banner - so we don't even use the smaller seat footprint to it's full capacity!

I reckon Fleeting thought those who objected to being crammed in like sardines would migrate over to the redeveloped Main Stand without pillars.

I never knew that. So we held on to the funds for developing the main stand for several years then spent it to help build the hotel?

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Some windfall!

Yes I'm spending our Champions League cash prematurely. 

Although if the Jam Farts can come back from the brink and build a multi million pound stand then a more modest effort might not be that fanciful...

1 hour ago, RAG said:

I thought we got the main stand roof. Part of gussying up the foyer and facings, no? Or, did we just jam in plastic panels to make it look blue and white?

22 minutes ago, Fankle said:

I never knew that. So we held on to the funds for developing the main stand for several years then spent it to help build the hotel?

Not quite true. Fleeting said if enough people backed the Priviledged Seat scheme, he would put on a new roof. About half of the 800 pledges renaged, and it never happened. An early Tik type response. 

13 minutes ago, CB said:

I thought we got the main stand roof. Part of gussying up the foyer and facings, no? Or, did we just jam in plastic panels to make it look blue and white?

we did, it was re-roofed as in all the old sheeting was replaced. i'm not aware there was any plan to change the steelwork, that would have cost an absolute fortune

2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

It is tough - I wonder if financially, rebuilding the FB would be better. 

2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

It is tough - I wonder if financially, rebuilding the FB would be better. 

The reason Bobby Fleeting built 18,000 stadium because he got a £2.5 million grant from government and wanted to maximise income hence the terrible leg room in East Stand

7 hours ago, Fankle said:

I'll take a half full Rugby Park any day ahead of a full house at a pokey stadium like St Mirren Park.

Spot on!

Making the stadium a smaller capacity is a total backward step and shows a lack of ambition and eliminates a revenue stream when we have big away crowds. Hopefully we support the team in greater numbers  going forward against the old firm and fill those seats.

if the seats ain’t there, they can’t be filled!

2 hours ago, Fankle said:

Well they built the hotel out an overdraft, so wasn't really holding onto the funds!

I could be wrong, but from memory I seem to remember an initial planned phase two of reconstruction of RP in the 90s, including a roof without pillars in the FB.

At the first meeting, I'm sure for financial reasons this was kicked out park and the existing pillared roof got re-panelled!

If the money was there like the 90s for a not too huge sum, you could do safe standing down front of FB and boxes up back, maybe new roof.

Current RP has a lot of life left in it, but I dont believe it was finished in the way Fleeting originally wanted.

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Spot on!

Making the stadium a smaller capacity is a total backward step and shows a lack of ambition and eliminates a revenue stream when we have big away crowds. Hopefully we support the team in greater numbers  going forward against the old firm and fill those seats.

if the seats ain’t there, they can’t be filled!

Given we've never averaged 18,000 in our entire history, I wish you well.

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Given we've never averaged 18,000 in our entire history, I wish you well.

It's not about averaging 18,000 - it's having the capacity there when it is needed, which with luck will be more often in the future.

I ask again - what's the point in spending hard-earned revenue in making the ground smaller?

It makes no sense to me.

Good luck to the chairman who has the balls to stand up at an AGM and report that yes, we sold our star players but we're going to use the money to knock down one of the stands!

Sounds to me like the actions of a club on the slide.

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

It's not about averaging 18,000 - it's having the capacity there when it is needed, which with luck will be more often in the future.

I ask again - what's the point in spending hard-earned revenue in making the ground smaller?

It makes no sense to me.

Good luck to the chairman who has the balls to stand up at an AGM and report that yes, we sold our star players but we're going to use the money to knock down one of the stands!

Sounds to me like the actions of a club on the slide.

Precisely....

1 hour ago, RAG said:

Well they built the hotel out an overdraft, so wasn't really holding onto the funds!

I could be wrong, but from memory I seem to remember an initial planned phase two of reconstruction of RP in the 90s, including a roof without pillars in the FB.

At the first meeting, I'm sure for financial reasons this was kicked out park and the existing pillared roof got re-panelled!

If the money was there like the 90s for a not too huge sum, you could do safe standing down front of FB and boxes up back, maybe new roof.

Current RP has a lot of life left in it, but I dont believe it was finished in the way Fleeting originally wanted.

Did Bobby Fleeting not ask the fans at a meeting one night in the main stand if they would rather redeveloped rugby park or move to a new stadium in tube queens drive?

On 14/03/2018 at 12:24 AM, KP by the sea said:

Considering we're giving Aberdeen half the gate after deducting expenses it's no wonder we declare the minimal crowd we can get away with! This is how it has worked for decades.

Yup...we should have just announced 3,000 Killie fans 

5 hours ago, CB said:

The original plan was to put a cantilever roof on the West stand & have it the same height as the other 3 with no pillars.

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

Did Bobby Fleeting not ask the fans at a meeting one night in the main stand if they would rather redeveloped rugby park or move to a new stadium in tube queens drive?

Fleeting invited a group of supporters about 12 if I remember right to sit in 2 mockups of different seats. One for the stadium we have now & another for 4 or 5K less. Baw bags plumped for the kiddies seats. The stadium plan at Scot Ellis was a non starter as there was no way they would be given permission.

Edited by harley

For anyone that thinks the crowd was 9000. Ask yourself this. The East and West stands can accommodate approximately that amount. Does anyone think the Aberdeen support on the night could have found room in the FB Stand? Added  to that, does anyone think that the Killie fans in the Moffat could have found seats in the East Stand? Instead of making Killie bigger in the eyes of the press we continue to understate our potential.

Edited by Riccarton Bluebell

8 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

For anyone that thinks the crowd was 9000. Ask yourself this. The East and West stands can accommodate approximately that amount. Does anyone think the Aberdeen support on the night could have found room in the FB Stand? Added  to that, does anyone think that the Killie fans in the Moffat could have found seats in the East Stand? Instead of making Killie bigger in the eyes of the press we continue to understate our potential.

They wouldn't need to be fitted in, the current stands don't hold nine thousand with seats missing, new box etc. There were hundreds of individual seats empty you don't notice in the photos or sitting in your section. Are you accusing BB and the rest of the Board and CEO of fraud?