Rory

Ktid1869

You'll notice Rory is the first name on the team sheet in games against stronger sides in the league. His pressing and harrying is vital to how we nullify those sides and he's equally effective pressing as part of the front 3 or dropping in to create a midfield 4 that protects O'Donnell while letting him get forward. Often very under rated by our own fans sadly. 

9 minutes ago, livvy said:

You'll notice Rory is the first name on the team sheet in games against stronger sides in the league. His pressing and harrying is vital to how we nullify those sides and he's equally effective pressing as part of the front 3 or dropping in to create a midfield 4 that protects O'Donnell while letting him get forward. Often very under rated by our own fans sadly. 

Not under rated at all.

He's not very good at anything in particular.

He's not a young boy anymore.

43 minutes ago, livvy said:

I was surprised he’d actually been selected as much in some of the bigger games. Had a quick flick through the lineups and it shows what he’s in the team to do as he’s often one of the first players sacrificed when we are having to chase the game. 

I wouldn’t say he was the first name on the teamsheet in these games though. His pressing is invaluable but guys like Mulumbu, Power and Broadfoot in particular for me offer even more in these games. 

4 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Suggestion is St Johnstone have offered him a deal and it is agreed but he has yet to sign it. Contingency maybe if his deal offered by us isn’t up to scratch. I think  you need players like Rory 4-5 goals a season and run into the ground for the team. Clarke starts him in harder games usually as we won’t have as much of the ball. Definitely playing well enough to justify a contract for me. Dicker and Findlay to would be good. 

Agreed. I'm not sure that Rory is a 4-5 goal a season player though. He has only managed that twice in his career and in his new role rarely gets scoring opportunities. 

4 hours ago, piffer said:

Do we want to offer him what St Johnstone offer him? Chances are he’d be going there as a key player and the deal would likely reflect that. At the moment he is a squad player here. Picked for certain matches depending on the approach the manager wants to take. Even with departures I don’t see him becoming a key player for us next season although I can see him being relied on at certain stages

I still believe that St Johnstone are not his first choice. If they were that deal would be done and he’d either have gone in January or we would know he’s leaving in the summer. 

This

The wages won’t be more at St Johnstone but first team football would be guaranteed pretty much. Also longer contract I’d imagine. I think he still wants to stay with us though. I’d love to keep him. Under appreciated.

4 hours ago, Pelesboots said:

Funny how we see it differently as I won't be fussed if we don't sign Findlay.

I would definitely like to keep the other two though. 

Think Dicker is very important. Wins the highest percentage of defensive duels in the league and is close to the top with interceptions too. That must make his defenders lives a lot easier. 

SC update on Contract talks

With Gary Dicker, Rory McKenzie and Youssouf Mulumbu among others out of contract in the summer, talks are under way to tie players down. Greg Kiltie has already pledged his future until 2020 and Clarke is hopeful more will follow suit.

He said: “We have already opened talks with a number of players about renewing or extending contracts.

“We’ll have to make some additions in the summer depending on who goes out and who becomes available.”