What’s our new target for end of the season?

Eddieeeee

17 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Thats disapointing.

Perhaps not, all 3 of these teams will be playing out of their skins even to scrape a point against Hibs who failed to beat St J who are just above these teams and will be without the manager on the touchline for the next two games. Any points Hibs drop will surely spur us on! 

Thinking about the last time we were in the top six, all the games seemed to just be like a day out for the fans to enjoy...big crowds, all singing no pressure and maybe a little too complacent...

Hopefully the big crowds top six will give us can get right up for each game and help the team push for 4th! 

A big well done to all the players and management for securing top six and to think it was achieved with (as some forum posters have been telling us at various times this season) with a s**t number1,a s**t number 5, a s**t number7, and an over the hill number 9 glad they have proved you all wrong you know who you are  well done Killie!!!

13 minutes ago, Bbk said:

A big well done to all the players and management for securing top six and to think it was achieved with (as some forum posters have been telling us at various times this season) with a s**t number1,a s**t number 5, a s**t number7, and an over the hill number 9 glad they have proved you all wrong you know who you are  well done Killie!!!

I'll freely admit I thought Boyd was past it, and I said as much on here several times.

I was wrong, and I'm delighted that I was.

Appreciate your response killiefan27  my post is not intended to sound like an I told you so it is purely based on us getting top six and not having to put up with all the last game nerves we've had the past few seasons I'm just totally happy its not us this year and after all we are all Killie let's just enjoy the next few weeks and let's see where it takes us and hope boydie can finish up top of the scoring charts!!

10 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

I'll freely admit I thought Boyd was past it, and I said as much on here several times.

I was wrong, and I'm delighted that I was.

Don't be too hard on yourself - the man himself has said that he thought he was more or less done before SC arrived.

He wasn't in the right physical condition either.

Credit to him for turning things around.

I think top six is unbelievable where ever we finish what a season to beat rangers home and away and Celtic at home only the second team to do that is brilliant I would love Kilmarnock to get European football I remember those days well remember Neil Lennon is missing for the next 2 games he is out shouting all the time and he wil be a big miss for them 

12 hours ago, Piersquared said:

We surely can't keep up this run, or can we?

As mentioned on this thread...

13 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

I dont consider this a good run now. We are simply a good team.

I agree entirely with Cammy. I was calling it a run back in December time, even that was a bit prolonged. We're a good side and I've absolutely no doubt that our players will be looking at Hibs and thinking we can catch them. 

Watched their game against St Johnstone on Friday night and all be it they had a man sent off early doors they looked quite lucky again, they've been battered off a few teams recently including ourselves and survived with a decent result but that sort of luck can't carry on forever. 6th place is an amazing achievement for us, as we've already secured that we should be playing with absolutely no fear or pressure. 

33 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Football is all about opinion. I’ll admit I’ve been proved wrong by a few members of the squad. I still have some doubts about them but top six so can’t complain. You can’t honestly sit there and say you’ve been fully behind and comfortable with every member of the squad all season. 

The players who have been criticised have been rightly criticised for the most part. MacDonald made his mistakes and has his flaws. Broadfoot in his early games sold the jersey's at points and has been lucky on occasion. McKenzie looked off it and drifted away from the team after being hooked at half time at home to Aberdeen. Boyd wasn’t up to task until October. Power, O’Donnell, Findlay, Taylor, Jones, Erwin and Brophy have all been criticised at points. Some of it may have been a bit OTT but there was plenty of validity to it.

We have to be happy with how things have gone and hope for further improvement but we can’t ignore the fact that at times this season(mainly before the arrival of Steve Clarke) things were unacceptable.

6 points behind 4th with 8 to go and Hibs to play again. Hibs have Partick, County and Hamilton before split so it'll be tough but why not go for it. Our season is our most successful for 6 odd years even if we lose our last 8 games. 

Personally i'd like a mini target of us to beat Hibs and Aberdeen. Would mean we'd have beaten every team in the league at least once. When was last time if ever we did that?

5 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

6 points behind 4th with 8 to go and Hibs to play again. Hibs have Partick, County and Hamilton before split so it'll be tough but why not go for it. Our season is our most successful for 6 odd years even if we lose our last 8 games. 

Personally i'd like a mini target of us to beat Hibs and Aberdeen. Would mean we'd have beaten every team in the league at least once. When was last time if ever we did that?

I wonder if he’ll tell the players post split that we all start equal and see where we finish in a mini league based on those five games. 

32 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Have we beaten Accies?

Must have only played them once, in the "Steve Smith penalty" game.

Absolutely fantastic so happy for the work the players have put in. Also for the fans who have had to put up with a lot. Get as many points as we can every penny helps. Also we can attract the right type of player. We can all speculate who will come and who will go I’ve every faith in Steve and Alex and the coaches to get it right. The future looks bright. :hurrah::hurrah::hurrah: