Sevco - most odious institution ever in Scottish football

I sat in the club deck on saturday and have to say i was surprised at how little garbage i heard. That said, being jammed in with them at half time was a horrible experience.

Savoured their misery at the end of the game. I think the sensible ones realise they're a shadow of their former selves 

Coming from a family of 'huns' I can tell you first hand that they are a lot worse than Celtic supporters.

They are comfortably the most horrible club in Scotland. Their songs about "fenians", the pope, IRA etc are absolutely disgusting.

Hearts fans aren't much better.

I've always felt Celtic fans songs were more a retaliation to what happens over at Ibrox. 

It is for this reason that a RC from Salcoats would not be interested in going to Ibrox... and I'd love him to say that if asked. We have black players who won't move to Russia because of racist chanting, so why would Clarke move to a club steeped in sectarianism to hear every match about Catholics being murdered or to browse forums where he is called a bead-rattler or where they spell his name Chlarke etc?

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Coming from a family of 'huns' I can tell you first hand that they are a lot worse than Celtic supporters.

They are comfortably the most horrible club in Scotland. Their songs about "fenians", the pope, IRA etc are absolutely disgusting.

Hearts fans aren't much better.

I've always felt Celtic fans songs were more a retaliation to what happens over at Ibrox. 

It is for this reason that a RC from Salcoats would not be interested in going to Ibrox... and I'd love him to say that if asked. We have black players who won't move to Russia because of racist chanting, so why would Clarke move to a club steeped in sectarianism to hear every match about Catholics being murdered or to browse forums where he is called a bead-rattler or where they spell his name Chlarke etc?

Could not agree more mate.....thanks for your response. I am no great admirer of Celtic but for me their support is much better than the goules from Govan.

Both Rangers and Celtic have more than their fair share of sectarian supporters, one of the reasons that I dislike both clubs equally.

However, in my experience, in recent years it has generally been the Rangers support that has indulged in sectarian songs and chants. Both teams have visited Rugby Park this season, and filled both the Chadwick and Moffat stands. Not once have I heard Celtic fans singing about the Queen or anti-UVF/pro-IRA, however I've heard Rangers singing about the Pope, the UVF, King Billy, The Sash, Fenian Blood, etc. 

The really sad thing is that the SFA and Police Scotland choose to do absolutely nothing about either club's sectarian singing, even when it is blatant!

33 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

No better or worse than their sisters across the city

I would agree with this.
The 'they are worse than us argument' is always used by both sides but they never compare themselves to other 'normal' clubs.

However, there is no doubt that Sevco hold the honours when it comes to cheating. No club has ever came close to replicating their utter contempt for the rules and all other clubs.

17 minutes ago, MorkenTheMonk said:

In recent years, yes seriously. Maybe I'm not quite up to speed with the meaning of the lyrics in their Irish "folk" songs?

Last visit to RP they had sung about the IRA 1 minute and 30 seconds into the game. I remember bursting out laughing.

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

No better or worse than their sisters across the city

I don't think you'd get the same outcry from Celtic fans about a potential manager based around his religion.

Stein for starters certainly wasn't catholic. The thought of a West of Scotland RC managing Rangers has brought out the worst in their support.

That said, they are both c**ts but Rangers in particular seem to have a bee in their bonnet about religion, especially the thought of a "pape" managing them. Some still can't accept that Catholics play for them never mind manage them!