Sevco - most odious institution ever in Scottish football

Their problem seems to be that both of their supporter groups are having great difficulty in knowing the rest us have moved on to the twenty first century while they still seem to be stuck in the past and whether they like to admit it or not the vast majority of them support their respective teams for religious reasons only  very sad!!

1 hour ago, jock said:

100 years of Catholic education in Scotland this year.The act enabled Catholic children to get education on level terms...something previously denied them.

What is Catholic education?

My friends and I went to different schools and we all sat the same exams. More importantly, we all support Killie!

17 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

What is Catholic education?

My friends and I went to different schools and we all sat the same exams. More importantly, we all support Killie!

In all seriousness there is more to education than sitting exams.And perhaps there is another thread for this discussion?

Edited by Graeme S
error

I always felt Celtic fans were more humble than Rangers fans. Maybe that was because I come from a large Catholic family. Maybe it was because of the 10-in-a-row years when Rangers dominated Scottish football.

Sure, there are decent folk on both sides, but I've lost count the number of times some of those I thought of as 'decent folk' are happy to become 90 minute bigots of the worst kind. They desperately need each other, as they are often more defined by what they stand against than what they stand for. 

I've come to realise that many of them are just bampots with the same mentality but different insults.

As for schooling - I think religious schools of any kind are an embarrassment to modern society. They are an anachronism.

Children should absolutely learn about religions and non-religious views in a safe school setting, just as they learn about many other things. If parents want their children to be exposed to religion, then let it happen in Churches/Chapels, Synagogues, Mosques etc.

Alex Rae spouting on about how Rangers fans deserve a good manager and Steve Clarke should be that man. Does the wee numpty not realise that Killie fans also deserve a good manager?Could you imagine the press and media trying to move on a Rangers manager every day because he was doing a great job? What’s wrong with Scottish football, can find its roots in the Scottish media. They say they want competition but in reality, if it’s not the ugly sisters at the top they can’t handle it and will do what they can to bring back the status quo. Scotland’s shame aided and abetted by their pals in the media whilst the rest of the teams are only expected to provide the cannon fodder. 

26 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Alex Rae spouting on about how Rangers fans deserve a good manager and Steve Clarke should be that man. Does the wee numpty not realise that Killie fans also deserve a good manager?Could you imagine the press and media trying to move on a Rangers manager every day because he was doing a great job? What’s wrong with Scottish football, can find its roots in the Scottish media. They say they want competition but in reality, if it’s not the ugly sisters at the top they can’t handle it and will do what they can to bring back the status quo. Scotland’s shame aided and abetted by their pals in the media whilst the rest of the teams are only expected to provide the cannon fodder. 

Attention seeking drivel, Rae is set up by the press as the spokesman for Ibrox.... like a lot of their useless ex-players happy to comment for a few bob from the Daily Ranger and other such rags, just jumping on the Chick 'I wear a RFC top under my shirt' Young.. sad guys one and all...

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What titles did Huns and Scotland win in Europe  and international level?

I think what they were trying to say was that McCoist was an assistant manager for Rangers in Europe and with Scotland.

Counts for hee haw though, he failed miserably when given the manager's role.

44 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

To be fair, he didn't seem to think St Mirren deserved a good manager either...

7 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Can we add "thick as f**k" to the list of Sevco fan failings........ xD

Screenshot_20180320-011954.jpg

Clarke was assistant in an EPL winning side, who I am sure were competing in Europe. 

I'll give him the international setup though. Clarke was never Wattie's gopher. 

Edited by Prahakillie

11 minutes ago, Fankle said:

I think what they were trying to say was that McCoist was an assistant manager for Rangers in Europe and with Scotland.

No, no, no......I think the guy has got a point.

We'll stick with 'inexperienced' Clarke and sevco should get McCoist - the manager they deserve. 

In an act of generosity, I'll even drive Ally to Ibrox if it helps to seal the deal.

:ph34r:

Saw them at a pre-season friendly at Fratton Park a while back. Pompey beat them 2-0.

To their credit, they overfilled the away end, but it was hilarious listening to a couple of pissed-as-f*ck Huns trying to explain the relevance of The Sash to the gobsmacked inhabitants of a SWR railway carriage! 

I did wonder if I should offer my interpreter skills, but concluded that, when outed as a Glaswegian who supported Kilmarnock by choice and Pompey by locality  -  it may have proven too much for their McEwan-clutching fists ???

All BEFORE the game......

28 minutes ago, Fankle said:

I'd say Clarke's credentials as an assistant at Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle and West Ham s**te all over fat boy!

I know you know that but I'm amazed Huns think otherwise. In fact, I'm not.

11 hours ago, jock said:

100 years of Catholic education in Scotland this year.The act enabled Catholic children to get education on level terms...something previously denied them.

Very valid, noble and necessary 100 years ago but not in 2018. Separate schooling is one reason for this continuing division in our society. 

Shouldnt this thread be somewhere else? 

By the way, absolutely love the defence of McCoist's managerial record. That is the kind of ignorant, blind loyalty that means when the next Murray / Whyte / Green / King comes riding to the rescue they will put their hands in their pockets once again and throw more of their money down the drain. The fun never stops. 

24 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Clarke was assistant in an EPL winning side, who I am sure were competing in Europe. 

I'll give him the international setup though. Clarke was never Wattie's gopher. 

More than just competing in Europe - he was assistant when Chelsea got to a few Champions League semi finals and (if things are to be believed) was more or less running the team that got beaten in penalties by Man U in the final.

McCoist is better though...