Disco Inferno

Scooby_Doo

Victoria's in Sauchiehall St is the hottest nightclub in Glasgow once again. 

Well it was, until the Fire Brigade turned up. 

I wonder what the stats are on the number of fires at nightclubs versus any other line of business. It is quite remarkable how flammable they seem to be, especially the quieter their business gets. 

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Victoria's in Sauchiehall St is the hottest nightclub in Glasgow once again. 

Well it was, until the Fire Brigade turned up. 

I wonder what the stats are on the number of fires at nightclubs versus any other line of business. It is quite remarkable how flammable they seem to be, especially the quieter their business gets. 

The Shack/Trash being exhibit A.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The Shack/Trash being exhibit A.

I know someone who got chucked out The Shack the night it burnt down but left his jacket. Walked up to get it the next morning to find the place on fire. Pretty sure he told them it was a few hundred quid and got the insurance money off it.

14 minutes ago, Lroy said:

I know someone who got chucked out The Shack the night it burnt down but left his jacket. Walked up to get it the next morning to find the place on fire. Pretty sure he told them it was a few hundred quid and got the insurance money off it.

Hahaha i was in the night it burnt down.  Was tbe shacks 7th(i think) birthday party.  Woke up next day to go to uni and place was in news in cinders!!

59 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Got tickets for the Suggs gig Sunday night at the Piv, re-scheduled due to the beast from the east... looks like it will have to be re-re-scheduled! 

What A King Cnut!!! B|

Bad news for you and other fans but if they can't reset the fire alarm due to smoke still entering the building it's a safety issue and they can't reopen. You would have thought other venues in Glasgow might have stepped in to offer to take in Pavilion shows, but most will be being used at the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...