Ann budge on sportsound

Think we got the jambos on the run. Normally very impressed with her. In control and confident in her direction of club. From tonight I take the following (I) the current stadium is causing here sever angst. Over budget and no clear timeline to completion (ii) Cathro a totally failed experiment that hel£ the club back and levein held as accountable (iii) concerned that despite 3 seasons of high investment in team it still lacks the core of players thT can take it forward. Expensive mistakes made. Dissapointed in league position......interesting to see how levein finishes the season...think he may be under pressure in the summer.....victim of the sc revolution? Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Neilson was working out OK for them but I thought she had too much faith in Craig Levein. He has found a fair few ways to piss money away.

The invested too much in Cathro on Levein's say so, the Stevie Naismith experiment has not set the heather on fire.

I'm surprised she has let the stadium thing get so out of control though.

Hindsight is always a great thing. Players and managers are always hired with the best of intentions and good results cannot be predicted. 

The out-of-control stadium project is a different matter though. That should be able to be controlled. It seems a particularly Edinburgh problem that building projects spiral well over budget.

On 22/03/2018 at 7:40 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

Think we got the jambos on the run. Normally very impressed with her. In control and confident in her direction of club. From tonight I take the following (I) the current stadium is causing here sever angst. Over budget and no clear timeline to completion (ii) Cathro a totally failed experiment that hel£ the club back and levein held as accountable (iii) concerned that despite 3 seasons of high investment in team it still lacks the core of players thT can take it forward. Expensive mistakes made. Dissapointed in league position......interesting to see how levein finishes the season...think he may be under pressure in the summer.....victim of the sc revolution? Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

She- and her companies - will be going bankrupt soon 

8 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Yep agree, only a totally sane person would hire Cathro and leave Craig Fukien Levein in total control of footballing issues, I think they are on bother...... again!!

We hired Locke ffs!

however rather than being in bother I suspect she has given the miserable tactically inept dobber Levein just enough rope to allow her to jettison him.

this will then allow her to get control of football spending while keeping the Edinburgh huns onside.  Putting the blame for reduced wage and player spending on his excesses and failures.

as said earlier she isn’t daft.

On 23/03/2018 at 11:39 AM, gdevoy said:

Indeed. It may be something to do with the influence Historic Scotland and the like have over the planning process.to do

No chance. It's f**kwittery that does it. f**kwittery caused the trams, the edinburgh council finance/ethics f**kups and the hearts stadium.