Jamie MacDonald on-message

skygod

4 minutes ago, McDeeBop said:

Previously your issue was that crowds aren't up since SC came in, and this was proved utterly false.

Going by the above, your issue now is what people said was the solution to the poor crowds. Feel free to disagree with people's opinions, you can't really prove it one or the other. However, anecdotally, a winning team on the park has contributed greatly to the increase in crowds....so.....dunno how you'd want to take that one.

You shift the goalposts whenever you're proved wrong. 

I hope we win the league next season. I would love to see what your issue with Killie/Killie fans will be then, because we all know it will be something.

Aye, Ruggers is bursting at the seams with a few hundred extra coming along to see SSC's minor miracle.....

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Aye, Ruggers is bursting at the seams with a few hundred extra coming along to see SSC's minor miracle.....

And now you want it bursting at the seams?

You said you'd be happy with 5000. It's more than that, and getting better. Now you aren't happy with that. Which is it?

It's tough to put your hands up and admit you were wrong, I know. But you would be better to just slink out this thread and not post in it anymore rather than continuing to debate a point where your view is embarrassingly false.

We’re not getting 5,000 home fans to any game tho, other than the cup replay are we?

This average attendance debate (my figures are better than yours) is worthless unless you extract the away fans from it. We’d all like to increase home support by a sizeable amount but I don’t think the club has had any consistency with that as yet. 

3 hours ago, McDeeBop said:

And now you want it bursting at the seams?

You said you'd be happy with 5000. It's more than that, and getting better. Now you aren't happy with that. Which is it?

It's tough to put your hands up and admit you were wrong, I know. But you would be better to just slink out this thread and not post in it anymore rather than continuing to debate a point where your view is embarrassingly false.

We have had more than 5000 home fans on one occasion this season. Think before you post. If you're referring to our overall average, that is of course skewed by the OF games ( you, know the ones where we leave the team to it ). 

31 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

We have had more than 5000 home fans on one occasion this season. Think before you post. If you're referring to our overall average, that is of course skewed by the OF games ( you, know the ones where we leave the team to it ). 

You were happy to include OF games in your 'proper facts' when you thought it suited you. Shame that those numbers were utter horses**t. You will admit that one day I suppose. 

I note you've now changed it to 5000 'home' fans, hoping no-one would notice. Nice try. 

Is that the sound of goalposts moving? 

8 hours ago, mathematics said:

It's all mathematics.

I said that I'd be black affronted, because I hate the misuse of numbers for what you call manoeuverability, and what I'd call lies.

I know what a range is, and a mode, and a median, but I have never heard of a "median average", "range average" or "mode average".

Well now you have...every day's a school day. 

It's not lying to say that in your figures given above the average is 8 or for another person to say the average is 10 or for a third person to say the average is 8.85. They'd all be true statements considering the use of range, mean, median, and mode (that's even before we get into quartile etc). However, depending on what you're trying to present to a reader or listener you can manipulate or manoeuvre them into believing what you are presenting is better or worse than it actually is. As I said, governments, statisticians, senior managers etc....a handy tool. 

I got O Grade Arithmetic and Higher Maths. If only you were advising at the time I could've just said: 'I'll not bother with Arithmetic thanks, but give me the award anyway as it'll be in the Maths exam as it's all  Mathematics.'

Could've saved myself a couple of hours work. Too late now...live and learn I suppose. 

Edited by Candygram for mongo

8 hours ago, mathematics said:

It's all mathematics.

I said that I'd be black affronted, because I hate the misuse of numbers for what you call manoeuverability, and what I'd call lies.

I know what a range is, and a mode, and a median, but I have never heard of a "median average", "range average" or "mode average".

Maybe you should change your user name!

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Who in their right mind would use a median average? What possible benefit would that have?

I'm no mathematician, failed higher with a 34%... instead I conduct high speed card chases (hence my username), but if someone that works for me was told to bring my average figures and they picked the middle figure I'd probably manage them out the business, and I'm a self confessed idiot with mathematics.

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 600,000,000,000,000,000

Average is 2...

Haha just googled median average... It's exactly the way I would do it. I didn't get the explanation above... apparently English isn't my strong point either :$

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You really are a lost cause. Thank f**k we're at home this week. You'll be able to bssh one out about the crowd. 

Should be interesting. Last time we met we had lost first three league games at home and lost to Ayr. Crowd 3706. None of the "off the shelf"  excuses available either. First game since we attracted back the stau aways against Aberdeen. Should be a pretty accurate reflection of where we are. 

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Should be interesting. Last time we met we had lost first three league games at home and lost to Ayr. Crowd 3706. None of the "off the shelf"  excuses available either. First game since we attracted back the stau aways against Aberdeen. Should be a pretty accurate reflection of where we are. 

Would be disappointed if there was less than 5,000 there on Saturday.

we need some clever marketing to go along with the teams performance. That has been missing..

28 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Take 5 off the total as a few of us are in Madrid for a stag.

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Haha just googled median average... It's exactly the way I would do it. I didn't get the explanation above... apparently English isn't my strong point either :$

The example you gave of median of 2 from 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5,600 000 000 000 000 is exactly what I mean (no pun intended) when I said it gives the presenters of the figures manoeuvrability with them....and not be accused of lying.

They can confidently say 'the average is 2' painting a far better/worse scenario than is actually the case. 

They'd be rubber-ducked though if someone asked 'what type of average calculation did you use?'

Next time you hear your boss or some suspected conman talking about 'the average is this or the average is that.' Just ask them how they calculated the average. 

Edited by Candygram for mongo

3 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

The example you gave of median of 2 from 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5,600 000 000 000 000 is exactly what I mean (no pun intended) when I said it gives the presenters of the figures manoeuvrability with them....and not be accused of lying.

They can confidently say 'the average is 2' painting a far better/worse scenario than is actually the case. 

They'd be rubber-ducked though if someone asked 'what type of average calculation did you use?'

Next time you hear your boss or some suspected conman talking about 'the average is this or the average is that.' Just ask them how they calculated the average. 

I've been creative over the years when I've used the term "above average", so I never trust what anyone says...

53 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

No it won't, it's the Easter weekend, start of the school holidays, stags etc etc