150th Anniversary Mega Thread

Lroy

Just now, Graeme S said:

Of course the events could last for the year of 2019 and could actually cover two seasons over the one calendar year?

I think this is possibly where we are headed.

Just now, Graeme S said:

Is the actual date of formation not January 1869? Meaning our 150th birthday would be January 2019.

The first mention of Kilmarnock FC is from the 2nd Jan 1869 Kilmarnock Standard, stating there would be a meeting of the club on the 5th Jan, anybody wanting to become a member is invited. This could either have been the foundation meeting, or, the club already existed and we were just looking to expand.

That version of the club didn't really get up to much anyways and probably disbanded. It was re-formed in 1872 with many of the same members and we can trace our roots directly to that formation.

I'm not sure there is anything new to say about our history other than possibly a book about our cup win in 2012 or maybe even a combined book about the '97 & 2012 wins?

St Mirren did a pictorial history which could be interesting?

https://www.stmirren.com/news/commercial/commercial-news/1047-limited-edition-140-year-anniversary-pictorial-history-book

I'd really like a decent Blu-Ray.  I have the 125th anniversary VHS but no VHS player now, lol.  I should've picked up the reissued DVD with 1997 Cup Final, but never got around to it.

If they made a version focusing on the last 25 years, and upgrade the old footage onto BluRay and throw that in as a bonus disk, I'd settle for that...  If they could do something more, then even better.

Edited by killieboy1869

3 minutes ago, killieboy1869 said:

I'd really like a decent Blu-Ray.  I have the 125th anniversary VHS but no VHS player now, lol.  I should've picked up the reissued DVD with 1997 Cup Final, but never got around to it.

If they made a version focusing on the last 25 years, and upgrade the old footage onto BluRay and throw that in as a bonus disk, I'd settle for that...  If they could do something more, then even better.

125 is up on Killiefc TV. In 'HD'

23 minutes ago, CB said:

Wasn't that what the 125 & later Everygame books were?

Go Fame by Hugh Taylor was a flimsy brochure compared to Dave Ross' history of the club. Everygame was an opponent by opponent review, again by Ross.

I'm sure he would be open to his history being updating , and younger supporters might be interested in purchasing. I checked yesterday and a used copy - only one available - costs £47 on Amazon.

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

Bit off topic but does anyone have a comprenhensive list of the books published on Killie?I have perhaps 7 or 8 Killie books I think?

The aforementioned go fame, 125, everygame. When we were champions? Produced for the 40th. Killie greats. That photobook thing. 100 years at rugby park. 

1 minute ago, CB said:

The aforementioned go fame, 125, everygame. When we were champions? Produced for the 40th. Killie greats. That photobook thing. 100 years at rugby park. 

I dont think I have the "photobook thing" what is that? though I have the rest and also "Who's Who" and "Killie 'til I die".

4 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

I dont think I have the "photobook thing" what is that? though I have the rest and also "Who's Who" and "Killie 'til I die".

I have a sneaky fealing that KillieGreats is the photo one. Dude was outside the shop, signing it. Tried to flog me his great gaes one too.

Got it confused with the infinitely better killie til i die...Which was also about players, but with words rather than pictures

Kilmarnock - Champions of Scotland 1964-65 (Rob Hadgraft)

Fifty Years of the Finest Matches  (Gordon Allison)

Kilmarnock Football Club - Images of Sport  (Gordon Allison)

Who's Who (Bill Donnachie)

Killie 'Til I Die (Richard Cairns & Gordon Allison)

We Were The Champions (John Livingston)

Field of Dreams (Cairns & Livingston)

Plus there was another soft-back book about Killie Heroes or something.

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

Kilmarnock - Champions of Scotland 1964-65 (Rob Hadgraft)

Fifty Years of the Finest Matches  (Gordon Allison)

Kilmarnock Football Club - Images of Sport  (Gordon Allison)

Who's Who (Bill Donnachie)

Killie 'Til I Die (Richard Cairns & Gordon Allison)

We Were The Champions (John Livingston)

Field of Dreams (Cairns & Livingston)

Plus there was another soft-back book about Killie Heroes or something.

+

Go Fame -Hugh taylor

Everygame:NEW Official History- David Ross

Killie the Official History - David Ross

I hoped I would be missing some I could add to my collection but I seem to have them all.

I had a thought recently that given the amount of books relating to our history/players etc one of the things that might be a bit different to do for the 150th would be something about the experience of the fans. A couple of years after Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby brought out an anthology called "My Favourite Year" which was an anthology of football writing by a variety of fans of different clubs.

My thought was that it would be good to do similar but with the perspectives/stories etc of a variety of just Killie fans? Not too sure what the market for it would be mind you......

Sadly there are some books about Ayr that would be interesting if about Killie.

The managers?

Ayr United at war.

1 Honest Man,4 Perspectives :Forty-five years as an Ayr fan

Ayr Utd On this day

A book following Killie for every game in the season would be good?Like A Season With Verona by Tim Parks.

40 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Phenomenal book. Read it a couple of times.

Would be great to see a killie version. 

Yes it is and Tim Parks is a fine writer.Do we have anyone of that standard available to write a Killie book?McIlvaney,Graeme Macrae Burnett,David Ross(x2) or the guy who wrote Kerby?

Or maybe one of us has a yet to be discovered talent for writing?

Flattered to be thought of. Would absolutely love to write a book about Killie, but not possible in the timescale. With a full time job and a young family, it takes me fecking ages to write anything!

Could only do something like this if you set aside loads of time for research to make it as comprehensive as possible. 

Och, you've got me thinking about how fun it would be to write now!

42 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Flattered to be thought of. Would absolutely love to write a book about Killie, but not possible in the timescale. With a full time job and a young family, it takes me fecking ages to write anything!

Could only do something like this if you set aside loads of time for research to make it as comprehensive as possible. 

Och, you've got me thinking about how fun it would be to write now!

Pick a game from every year & write a fantasy match report on it. 150 pages. BOOM!

'Saltcoats Vics kept it tight...for the first 100 seconds...' Pre 1940s (cup wins aside) there'll no be many about to tell you, if you're talking pish.

• 2 months later...