150th Anniversary Mega Thread

Lroy

8 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Must be an exclusive invite for only the top Killie fans.

As a season ticket holder I’d have expected some correspondence when the organised such an event. I know you can’t please eveyone, but the clubs as much mines as anyone else’s. 

I'm not 100% sure but think those who regularly attend POTY dances/hall of fame do's etc got first dibs.

Could be wrong though. We got ours through our bus. Not all regulars on our bus got tickets though as we were limited. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not 100% sure but think those who regularly attend POTY dances/hall of fame do's etc got first dibs.

Could be wrong though. We got ours through our bus. Not all regulars on our bus got tickets though as we were limited. 

Probably not far off it. Isn't that what happened in 2017 for the cup?

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

And the most important date in the calendar as it happens.....

Dave Ross on Twitter today strongly playing down the significance of this meeting and stressing that the exact date of the club’s foundation is unknown. 

In fact, it may be more likely to have been in 1868 as the 50th anniversary was celebrated in 1918, attended by some of the founding members. 

That's my tweet up there. I chose the words "to invite people to join a football club" very carefully. Dave is right, it's almost certainly not our foundation date today. What it is, probably, is the first day that we opened up the club to the public. Not our foundation date, but our launch date.

We were probably founded in 1868, even then, it looks like we disbanded and reformed in 1872.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Dave Ross on Twitter today strongly playing down the significance of this meeting and stressing that the exact date of the club’s foundation is unknown. 

In fact, it may be more likely to have been in 1868 as the 50th anniversary was celebrated in 1918, attended by some of the founding members. 

Good info that. Hopefully some of them were at Hampden on the 17th of April 1920 :)

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

And the most important date in the calendar as it happens.....

It’s an odd invitation as it is to JOIN a football club, but it also talks of it being a General Meeting of the club and is from the secretary of the club which suggests that it already existed and maybe the invitation is therefore an attempt to attract new members. Is that where David Ross is coming from?

Correct.

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

It’s an odd invitation as it is to JOIN a football club, but it also talks of it being a General Meeting of the club and is from the secretary of the club which suggests that it already existed and maybe the invitation is therefore an attempt to attract new members. Is that where David Ross is coming from? 

Correct.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Be similar to the Trust .... it launched in August 2003 but had been on the go for a few months prior to that with members signed up and a committee.

2 hours ago, Killie alan said:

The dance should have been held in the grand hall 

Absolutely right mate, as should the fans meeting which I suggested at an earlier point last year to canvas opinion of ALL fans as to the best things to do to maximise the benefit of this amazing opportunity.

Sadly we have a situation where only those and such as those will be able to enjoy whatever it is that’s happening tonight. So much for ‘Together, WE ARE KILLIE.......etc....’. Sounds like an inclusive clique.....Grand Hall would easily have sold out if it had been organised.......

I’d also like to hear the SLO and the KFCSA and Trust leaders views on this. What do Sandy and Barry think, as individuals who do more than most to speak up for all fans.....??

Bit disappointing and poor, especially today when we are all the talk on the radio etc......

13 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Must be an exclusive invite for only the top Killie fans.

As a season ticket holder I’d have expected some correspondence when the organised such an event. I know you can’t please eveyone, but the clubs as much mines as anyone else’s. 

Top Lads only invited 

37 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Absolutely right mate, as should the fans meeting which I suggested at an earlier point last year to canvas opinion of ALL fans as to the best things to do to maximise the benefit of this amazing opportunity.

Sadly we have a situation where only those and such as those will be able to enjoy whatever it is that’s happening tonight. So much for ‘Together, WE ARE KILLIE.......etc....’. Sounds like an inclusive clique.....Grand Hall would easily have sold out if it had been organised.......

I’d also like to hear the SLO and the KFCSA and Trust leaders views on this. What do Sandy and Barry think, as individuals who do more than most to speak up for all fans.....??

Bit disappointing and poor, especially today when we are all the talk on the radio etc......

Firstly I don't think folk listen to me or Sandy much, or Nancy would have exited stage right a helluva lot sooner!

Secondly my opinion is that this is a KFCSA event in all but name. Their committee had the foresight to book the hotel (which we don't own so they have to pay top whack for) on the relevant date when the club were too busy with other things to plan that far ahead. I do know that the club have been involved to an extent latterly, but mostly its been the KFCSA who have taken it on and run with it. I would have booked the Grand Hall too, but they've done that recently for the cup win anniversary and it was a massive undertaking and financial risk so I can see why they didn't want to go down that road again. With the number of fans we have and the number of spaces available there were always going to be fans missing out. The KFCSA have a duty of care to their paid up member clubs and as far as I know the tickets were all taken up instantly, with most clubs having to pick and choose among themselves as to who got to go and who didn't, not easy for them either. The first I even heard about the event it was completely sold out, which doesn't seem right, but that would happen even if they'd booked the Grand Hall. Pretty sure that the club will stage quite a few other 'official' events and that more fans will have the opportunity to attend. Due to the holidays there will only be one of the Club Directors even able to attend and I don't see the other two not wanting to get involved at some stage in a 150th year event so you can rest assured this is not the only chance to celebrate the anniversary. Not ideal, but I think they've done a more than reasonable job on the whole and its just a shame that more people can't be accommodated on the night. Mr Sherry may wish to further comment...

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Go to the trust AGM and raise all these points if you feel that strongly. 

This may not apply to you mate but some folk just want spoon fed then moan when they miss something. 

Maybe something bigger would ideal but with the general apathy of fans in the past makes it a thankless task trying to organise something.

I’ll be honest - I found out about it ages ago (don’t know how), got a ticket and now I’m going. If I found out today it was on I wouldn’t just go blaming others if I didn’t have a ticket (again, not saying that’s you).

It's helpful to know that this is a KFCSA event, because it has seemed up until now to be a private event, by invitation only .

Unfortunately, it will probably reopen the argument about supporters' clubs being favoured over individual fans who travel independently, not just to away matches but often to home ones too.

More explanation of what was happening would have been helpful, and even a ballot for a few tickets.

Anyway, I hope it's a great evening.