150th Anniversary Mega Thread

Lroy

I fear the glamour friendly might have disappeared with our Euro qualification.

Even midweek - less than ideal - dates will be scarce once the season starts.

The club has been a victim of its own success, really, but it could still have done a lot more on the merchandise front. Even for the 125th anniversary there was a wide range of stock including tartan and leather goods, crystal, whisky, a book and a video.

We're promised a book but no sign of much else.

18 hours ago, Killie alan said:

This is the last year of the shop being run by Nike so hence not the same goods being sold. Let’s hope we can take back the shop and run it by the club.

Is there any reason we can't sell items direct from the club? Things like the whisky and items not normally stocked by Nike/Just Sport? They've already allowed half the year to pass with little to show.

• 1 month later...

I see in the annual report and accounts published in January it states:

“The 2019/20 season marks a very memorable one for the club as we celebrate our 150th anniversary. As Scotland’s oldest professional football club, the club has planned numerous events for supporters to mark this momentous occasion.”

What happened, guys?

You can’t blame all this on the former CEO, there should have been a committee made up between the club, The KFCSA and the trust to plan the year out and to maximise the opportunities to celebrate a historic achievement instead the 150th has been an embarrassment. A real opportunity for the club to cash in and it’s gone.

8 hours ago, skygod said:

There should have been a committee formed to organise everything.

This thread started in 2017. Everything should have been arranged well in advance. It's all very well to blame the CEO but it's the directors who are ultimately responsible.

Spot on, I said this numerous times, should have been a meeting in the Grand Hall 2 years ago! This is where ideas could have been offered up, listed and sub committees set up (with FANS involved in them) to address each idea........ Utterly disappointing that a huge opportunity has been missed......and it definitely has now been missed......poor show.

2 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Spot on, I said this numerous times, should have been a meeting in the Grand Hall 2 years ago! This is where ideas could have been offered up, listed and sub committees set up (with FANS involved in them) to address each idea........ Utterly disappointing that a huge opportunity has been missed......and it definitely has now been missed......poor show.

head up - only another 50 till the 200th.

• 4 months later...

It’s like all the thought, time and money went into designing a commemorative  badge which could be used on non-existent merchandise. 

The playing side did their bit with a 50 year + highest league finish. 

The board let the club down badly. 

It makes my blood boil! 

Edited by skygod

Been a huge disappointment for me. Even the announcement of the 150th Whisky at 7pm on 23rd December was another lost opportunity for significant sales. I can just imagine when sevco are celebrating their imaginary 150th in 2022 that we will not see the end of it. They will be even more unbearable especially if they win something around that time.

5 hours ago, skygod said:

It’s like all the thought, time and money went into designing a commemorative  badge which could be used on non-existent merchandise. 

The playing side did their bit with a 50 year + highest league finish. 

The board let the club down badly. 

It makes my blood boil! 

It was really very poor when you consider the ideas given to the club by KFCSA, the meetings and the offer of help. However, the power at the time decided or rather didn't decide what should be done!!

8 minutes ago, CBFC said:

It was really very poor when you consider the ideas given to the club by KFCSA, the meetings and the offer of help. However, the power at the time decided or rather didn't decide what should be done!!

At the first Trust meeting CJ and PM committed to look at the possibility of a glamour friendly, but all they came up with were obstacles. I gott the impression their heart wasn’t in it. PM also said they wanted to upgrade the quality of player we were recruiting :/

Edited by Mclean07

Whole event has been a bit disappointing. There was a lot of talk but not a lot of action. Lack of a game the biggest let down IMO. This year had so much potential that will never be realised. Should have been a license to print money for the club but the merchandise was lacking. 

Just now, piffer said:

Whole event has been a bit disappointing. There was a lot of talk but not a lot of action. Lack of a game the biggest let down IMO. This year had so much potential that will never be realised. Should have been a license to print money for the club but the merchandise was lacking. 

I have already slated the lay out and condition of the club shop but it really is embarrassing when they don’t know if they are getting in certain sizes again and you can’t preorder. Club throwing money away.