Steve Clarke-- "I am happy at Kilmarnock"

Scouser2

Steve Clarke laughs off Rangers talk and insists he's focused on Kilmarnock

Steve Clarke has insisted he’s happy at Kilmarnock and won’t get caught up in the “nonsense” linking him with a move away.

The Rugby Park boss 
has been touted for 
the vacant post at Rangers by former Ibrox stars like Alex Rae after masterminding his second win in succession over the Light Blues.

But, after Killie majority shareholder and director Billy Bowie rubbished those links last week, Clarke insists he’s loving life in Ayrshire.

And he says going back down to his London home during the international break meant he avoided hearing any of the rumours.

He said: “One of the good things about going down south is you don’t get caught up in all the nonsense.

“The media like to say, especially when it comes to the Old Firm, you’re going to move here, there and 
everywhere. I’m happy at Kilmarnock, I’m happy with the job I’ve done so far and hopefully we continue that.”

After securing a top-six place in the last matchday Clarke insists the guarantee of Premiership football makes planning easier. With Gary Dicker, Rory McKenzie and Youssouf Mulumbu among others out of contract in the summer, talks are under way to tie players down. Greg Kiltie has already pledged his future until 2020 and Clarke is hopeful more will follow suit.

3 minutes ago, stumack said:

Cue rangers fans stating that this is just to bump the wages up that they have to offer him

Well everyone was clamouring for SC to make a personal statement backing up BB.

As I have maintained all along there is absolutely no chance of anything SC says or does shutting up the meeja / fan speculation. So where else can they go except to conclude it's all just a ploy.

Even if he took KFC to win the Scottish treble and on to success in Europe you would still get Billy Dodds and Wullie Millar saying it was all just pat of his career plan to get the Rankers job.

Rangers fans on their forum still to receive today’s message from Clarke. They within first ten posts have established he is a “Tarrier loving Bas....” and that David Provan was part of a “Taig media agenda” that was trying to make Rangers suffer by dismissing candidates like Clarke and McInnes. Absolutely hilarious reading. They have no shame whatsoever. If there are any switched on Rangers fans on that site they must have gave up a long time ago. Year 1690 probably.

Edited by Souleycouley93

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Steve Clarke is only saying what every manager says when linked with other jobs. It's classic manager speak. Stop being so naive. I hope he stays, but don't take this as proof that he will.

I suppose when he said specifically earlier in the season that he would not leave Kilmarnock for another Scottish club that that was just generic manager speech...

13 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Steve Clarke is only saying what every manager says when linked with other jobs. It's classic manager speak. Stop being so naive. I hope he stays, but don't take this as proof that he will.

To be fair he did refer to it as nonsense. If he was keeping his options open he'd say Rangers are a great club but I'm happy here... Or I can't do anything about speculation, I'll just concentrate on Kilmarnock. 

He didn't say he was flattered by the link either. It was different that your Derek Mcinnes Tommy Wright interview. It is pretty clear he's not fussed about Rangers

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Nothing is ever 100% certain in life.

A member of SC's family could become unwell and he could decide he needs to spend more time down south.

Brenda could get headhunted and SC may be tempted by the Ceptic job.

Chelsea could decide they made a mistake letting him go and offer him £500,000 a week to come back.

Dave King could win the Nigerian state lottery and offer SC £50m a week to manage at Greyskull. 

Look, SC has already said he has no intention of moving to another club in Scotland. He had no reason to say that other than it  being a statement of fact. and he seems as far as I can tell to be the kind of person who would not simply put something out there as a crowd pleaser.

So summarising, I am as confident as it is possible for any football fan anywhere to be that SC will be at RP for at least a couple of years.

30 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Realistic Ronald......I've seen and heard it all, son ;) 

Your correct.... But this is a new era under an ambitious leadership. 

Time will tell but I just can't see SC eager to sign up guys like Kiltie & Power, nor the players themselves commit to the club, especially AP signing an extension, so early doors, if he didn't intend to stick around.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Realistic Ronald......I've seen and heard it all, son ;) 

I honestly think there is more chance of him taking over at Ayr than at Rangers. The only team I could see him leaving us for here is Celtic, and that job won't be available for a while yet. When Clarke leaves us, it will be for a job in England

Edited by bute-killiefan