Scottish Youth Cup - Semi Final - 5th April

TroonKFC

19 minutes ago, skygod said:

Afternoon ko?

I hope this isn't just to suit Aberdeen's travelling arrangements.

Devalues the competition if semi-finals are played while most people are at work.

Couldnt agree more. Ridiculous time for a semi final of what is meant to be the most prestigous youth tournament in the country. Bang goes the chance of a big crowd to support the lads. Never mind it means the aberdeen boys will be back in time for an early night.

Just now, MJout said:

Is there any reason this is a 2.30pm ko?

Sheep probably asked for it. When everyone else shunted their reserve games to the afternoon, apart from us, they gurned like a bloody wean about the young lads getting back to sheepville at dark o'clock in the morning. So, we moved their games down here to the afternoon to shut them up.

8 hours ago, CB said:

Sheep probably asked for it. When everyone else shunted their reserve games to the afternoon, apart from us, they gurned like a bloody wean about the young lads getting back to sheepville at dark o'clock in the morning. So, we moved their games down here to the afternoon to shut them up.

I thought they were meant to be professional footballers not little boys. Professional footballers sometimes have to play midweek night games some distance from their home ground. Ridiculous. We should of not agreed to this.

2 hours ago, MJout said:

I thought they were meant to be professional footballers not little boys. Professional footballers sometimes have to play midweek night games some distance from their home ground. Ridiculous. We should of not agreed to this.

it should never be midweek full stop.

No reason why it can't be played Sunday.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/04/04/sfa-youth-cup-semi-final-preview/

As it should be for such a prestigious competition Aberdeen are taking this game very seriously and bringing back their loan players Frank Ross and Daniel Harvie.

I hear Killie are not only without the injured Higgins, but are not recalling Frizzell from Livingston. Big advantage for the Dons.