Mulumbu gossip

skygod

I'd like to think we're in a much better financial position to offer him better wages. Increased gates mostly must be walk ups which is cash in hand to the club, QF and the huge crowd replay all PATG, new sponsorship deal, top 6 so we have a minimum cash prize already coming into our hands and a lot of (supposed) big earners running out of contract at the end of the season. 

Now I'm not gonna get ahead of myself but I am more confident than I was a month ago.

28 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I would have thought our top players might be on the best part if twice that. Although there may not be that many of them. I think our top line per year is about the average ELL per week rate.

I suggest you are living in cloud cookooland.

2k is about our limit and even then most well below that. 

30 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I would have thought our top players might be on the best part if twice that. Although there may not be that many of them. I think our top line per year is about the average ELL per week rate.

Two players who pop to mind are Naismith & Mulumbu who were on at least 5-10 times what you reckon our top line would be.... thou, personally, I don't see us paying anything close to your estimate.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

highly doubt it, was there not something a wee while ago, that stated our wage budget was 1.5m which would be around 30k a week for everybody?

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How are you basing size? Certainly isn't fanbase or CL football.

What clubs in championship are bigger than Celtic and which EPL could Mulumbu realistically sign for at 31/32?

Celtic basically get CL football by default because everyone else in our league is pish by comparison. As things stand Chlsea and Arsenal will miss out but Celtic will get a chance. In the CL of this era that's not right. A big part of their fan-base is for political, religious and glory-hunting reasons rather than football. How many fans would they get if you took those factors out? So while a lot of people would base size as amount of fans, personally I wouldn't.....Rangers for eg: 'big club' but not really. You also may want to factor-in European-wide interest. 

Villa, Wolves, Leeds and Forrest et al are bigger than Celtic IMO.

He could sign for any lower to middle EPL club. 

6 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

As things stand Chlsea and Arsenal will miss out but Celtic will get a chance. In the CL of this era that's not right.

Arsenal and Chelsea will deservedly miss out because they can't finish in the top 4 in England. Celtic deserve a shot at the Champions League because they are champions. I'd say that's 100% right

100% correct that Celtic get CL football for winning the league. They should also enter the competition after most of the English, Spanish, German and Italian teams who don’t win their respective leagues. After all the clues in the name. Champions League not runners up and just scraped fourth league.

4 minutes ago, Nigel4 said:

Arsenal and Chelsea will deservedly miss out because they can't finish in the top 4 in England. Celtic deserve a shot at the Champions League because they are champions. I'd say that's 100% right

Bang on. It's a disgrace that Celtic have to go through several qualifying rounds as champions whilst teams finishing second and third in other leagues go straight into group stages. 

It shouldn't be called the Champions League. 

58 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Celtic basically get CL football by default because everyone else in our league is pish by comparison. As things stand Chlsea and Arsenal will miss out but Celtic will get a chance. In the CL of this era that's not right. A big part of their fan-base is for political, religious and glory-hunting reasons rather than football. How many fans would they get if you took those factors out? So while a lot of people would base size as amount of fans, personally I wouldn't.....Rangers for eg: 'big club' but not really. You also may want to factor-in European-wide interest. 

Villa, Wolves, Leeds and Forrest et al are bigger than Celtic IMO.

He could sign for any lower to middle EPL club. 

In what way are all those clubs bigger than either old firm sides? TV Money? That's all I can think of. Forest granted have won 2 European cups but they have been mediocre in the 2nd tier of English football for almost two decades playing in front of 25k, Both old filth sides have been in European finals in recent history too.

Seems that's what you base the size of clubs on and not support, history, stadia etc.

TV money is the only reason I can think of as to why somebody would think Wolves (seriously Wolves) are a bigger side than Celtic or Rangers

Like it or loathe them, Celtic have 50k+ season ticket holders, Rangers have 43k+.

That's both them got more season ticket holders than any of Leeds, Wolves, Villa or Forest can even fit in their stadiums! Celtic have a waiting list for season ticket holders which you need to pay to even get on.

Like it or loathe them (and I hate the c**ts for their monopoly on glory hunting fans up here) they are massive, massive football clubs with a global appeal (especially Celtic) Baggage and all but I doubt any foreign player (or most UK players) give a sh1te about the baggage. History has proven that.

As for Mulumbu IMO he won't get an EPL side. That ship has sailed. If I was to guess it would either be WBA or back to France.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

41 minutes ago, Nigel4 said:

Exactly, that's why the CL is a pile of s**te.

There could be 5 English sides in next season is Arsenal win the Europa.