Gary Dicker

Killie alan

Really hope this is true, he's an essential presence in the midfield for us.

No more obvious than on Saturday when he had one of our poorer games, and the impact showed on the whole middle third as Accies got back into a game they had no right to.

Gary Dicker plays to his fullest potential on Saturday and we'd have won by 3 or 4 IMO. 

38 minutes ago, charlie1 said:

Hate to be negative, and really hope  Gary is signing  but how do the papers know this , and if the contract is already drawn up and both parties are happy why isnt it signed already , pure paper speculation again im afraid.

How do you know the contract is already drawn up? 

What is more likely is that the terms have been agreed and they are waiting for paperwork. 

2 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

All of these point to Clarke going gung ho next season and pushing for Europe. Who would want to leave. I’d sacrifice mulumbu for Dicker to be honest. I think Dicker is much more valuable to us.

Sorry I totally disagree if we could keep both great but if it came to one or the other it’s Mulumbu every day of the week bud 

Gary Dicker last season slotted in at centre back and strolled it in our time of need. This season since returning to the team we have only lost twice since October. His pressing of players and screening of the back four is absolutely essential in the way we play. I don’t for a minute think Mulumbu isn’t a great footballer but we can live without him. I think Dicker’s role in our midfield now alongside Power is one of the biggest reasons we are getting results. Recycling the ball and being able to provide a solid base for our Jones and Brophy etc to go and create. If it was a choice for me Dicker is obviously realistic. Mulumbu for me has been outstanding in some games. I think he will move on. I’ll be delighted to see Power and Dicker stay and be our midfield two next season. All the best to Youssouf I enjoyed his excellent performances and hopefully he can help us catch Hibs. He will certainly be on way in June. 

1 hour ago, BigRonFaeTheQueenVic said:

We'd have been a bit less s**te at the start of the season if Dicker had had been fit and in the team.

Seems to combine well with Power to form an intimidating midfield barrier.

I think this is true, but if he had been around and few extra points gained, then Lee Mc might not have got the punt and Steve C might not have got here...

Gary Dicker - great performance via being injured!

It's true that Dicker and Power give a sound defensive base and with cover from Wilson we're well provided for in the area that was the big weakness at the start of the season.

If he signs and assuming Mulumbu goes then it's a different type of more creative playmaker we need in the summer.

We have the quick attacking players and a proven goal scorer so then the second priority is central defence.

The great thing is that you can see the logic in everything that's happening right now and I can't remember when it was last like this?

For those not on Twitter.......

Kilmarnock Football Club | Killie FC

Gary Dicker shows his commitment to Killie with new deal

KilmarnockFC is thrilled to announce Gary Dicker has signed a new deal with the club.

The Irishman has been a standout performer during his two-and-a-half years at Rugby Park and he has been rewarded with a new contract until 2020.

Having arrived from Carlisle United on the final day of the winter window in 2016, the midfielder won big during our Player of the Year awards last term.

An abdominal injury saw Dicker ruled out until November but he has made up for lost time, forming an excellent midfield partnership with his fellow countryman Alan Power and mid-season signing Youssouf Mulumbu.

Saturday's 2-0 win over Hamilton was Dicker's 75th appearance for Killie as he grabbed his second goal for the club, getting the final touch to Stephen O'Donnell's effort just before half time.

In addition to his playing duties, the former Brighton and Hove Albion ace is also involved in coaching with Andy Millen's Development Squad. 

Gary's decision to sign up to our Rugby Park revival follows new deals for Greg Kiltie, Alan Power, Rory McKenzie and Eamonn Brophy.