Steven Caulker

If stories are to believed there is a complicated web of transfers involving Dundee, Hibs and Celtic which saw Scott Allan, Scott Bain and Jack Hendry move on deadline day. It’s also been rumoured that Celtic have a lot to do with Caulker being at Dundee and if he proves he’s sorted himself out agreements are in place for him to move there in the summer. 

In light of the stuff that came out about Dundee last month there is no way they have knocked back a £2million offer for any player. Aside from a few standout players in the league no one but Celtic could really afford to knock back that kind of money. 

26 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Don’t believe Dundee would have knocked that back, why would they bid outwith transfer window anyway? 

Think McCanns been to the Rangers School of Receiving Transfers Offers

If it’s a summer league there transfer windows will be different 

14 minutes ago, piffer said:

If stories are to believed there is a complicated web of transfers involving Dundee, Hibs and Celtic which saw Scott Allan, Scott Bain and Jack Hendry move on deadline day. It’s also been rumoured that Celtic have a lot to do with Caulker being at Dundee and if he proves he’s sorted himself out agreements are in place for him to move there in the summer. 

In light of the stuff that came out about Dundee last month there is no way they have knocked back a £2million offer for any player. Aside from a few standout players in the league no one but Celtic could really afford to knock back that kind of money. 

They got over a million for the Hendry lad they're probably not that desperate right now. Mccann is probably right in his comments that they won't get a replacement for him in

26 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

They got over a million for the Hendry lad they're probably not that desperate right now. Mccann is probably right in his comments that they won't get a replacement for him in

When you look at what the Coulibaly money allowed us to do in the last 12 months then £2million opens up a whole pile of possibilities. That chance to build the club and secure long term future for me outways keeping one player. Although that’s easier to say when we’ve secured top six

8 minutes ago, killieblues said:

I think Caulker signed a 2.5 year deal did he not? With the recent statements from the Dundee board about them needing to get another 1000 fans in per home game to break even, I can't see why they would have rejected it. That's why I think it's a transfer myth.

Think it was a one and a half year deal which would take it up to end of next season.

22 hours ago, piffer said:

Johnny Hayes going to Celtic, with GMS going to Aberdeen with Ryan Christie on loan could also be added to that web of player trades!

If Ryan Christie wasn't at Aberdeen, Rangers would be second.  Is a clever strategy and has little to do with keeping the Celtic fringe players in game time!  But as long as Celtic keep paying transfer fees and circulating the money round the Scottish league, seems sporting enough to me!

Edited by RAG

15 hours ago, RAG said:

Johnny Hayes going to Celtic, with GMS going to Aberdeen with Ryan Christie on loan could also be added to that web of player trades!

If Ryan Christie wasn't at Aberdeen, Rangers would be second.  Is a clever strategy and has little to do with keeping the Celtic fringe players in game time!  But as long as Celtic keep paying transfer fees and circulating the money round the Scottish league, seems sporting enough to me!

Dont agree that Christie is soley responsible for keeping them 2nd.

35 minutes ago, LH31 said:

Dont agree that Christie is soley responsible for keeping them 2nd.

Aye but he might have turned a couple of draws into wins for Aberdeen, who are only 2nd by 3 points.

He scored an absolute screamer against Rangers for a 2-1 Aberdeen win last season.

These Celtic fringe players do a lot more damage to Rangers playing on loan for other clubs, than they would playing 5-10 games for Celtic!

Their record transfer is around £1.6m

I find it astounding that they would break their transfer record for a guy who has looked completely average in a relegation battling side who concede goals at will.

Absolute nonsense story. £2m for a guy who has played six games!? You'd bite their hand off for that.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:42 AM, Bullitt said:

Their record transfer is around £1.6m

I find it astounding that they would break their transfer record for a guy who has looked completely average in a relegation battling side who concede goals at will.

Absolute nonsense story. £2m for a guy who has played six games!? You'd bite their hand off for that.

Totally agree. It's complete nonsense, probably trying to increase his value. After losing 4 against Sevco you could probably take the last zero off his valuation. 

• 4 months later...