Tonight's matches and how they affect us

KillkieBoab

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I would also love for Hibs to drop points but it just aint gonna happen to that Hamilton side we played on Saturday. 1-1 right now and I fancy Hibs to go on to win 3-1.

Well might just nick 3 points off the Sheep and Rosco will get the win over Plastic Whistle. I still fancy Hamilton to go straight down. 

Well I was off target with The Well game but apart from that OK.

By the way I think we will get 3 points on Saturday.

2 hours ago, historyman said:

We won't catch Hibs now. They will be thinking that they can finish above Sevco and it wouldn't be a big surprise. 

Sorry but nothing has changed in terms of our relative position to the teams above us. If we win at Partick and Hamilton (very possible) will still be within 6 points of hibs, and only 7 behind rangers (that's assuming the worst case scenario of them also picking up maximum points before the split). With us still to play these teams head to head and with our record against the OF under Steve Clarke there is no reason to believe we can't push on for 4th or even 3rd.

Feels bonkers for me even typing that last sentence, but I truly believe it and think we should capitalise on the positivity around the club just now. Celtic aside (only to an extent), I don't think there is anything between the top 5, apart from the fact that we are the club on the up. It's time there was a change to the drudgery of top flight football in Scotland and I feel it is happening with us right in the mix. 

Under SC anything is possible.

I still think we can catch up, but I don't think we will catch Hibs, Rangers are definetly catchable. They are so inconsistent, especially at home, and because of the split rules us and Hibs will be going to ibrox and we both have won there. They will also likely get pumped by Celtic, and who knows what Aberdeen and Hearts will do. 

It would be funny if rangers finish fifth, but get to the Scottish cup final, only to lose to Aberdeen and we get into Europe. 

Looking at the table and the games to be played I believe we can catch one of the teams above us. Unlikely Hibs as they seem to have a hunger and momentum. Aberdeen struggle against the top sides so could drop points after the split. If Rangers lose the semi final they could go into freefall. No Scottish Cup sees Murty out of a job and plenty of players futures elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Taggyfc24992 said:

Sorry but nothing has changed in terms of our relative position to the teams above us. If we win at Partick and Hamilton (very possible) will still be within 6 points of hibs, and only 7 behind rangers (that's assuming the worst case scenario of them also picking up maximum points before the split). With us still to play these teams head to head and with our record against the OF under Steve Clarke there is no reason to believe we can't push on for 4th or even 3rd.

Feels bonkers for me even typing that last sentence, but I truly believe it and think we should capitalise on the positivity around the club just now. Celtic aside (only to an extent), I don't think there is anything between the top 5, apart from the fact that we are the club on the up. It's time there was a change to the drudgery of top flight football in Scotland and I feel it is happening with us right in the mix. 

Under SC anything is possible.

We won't catch any of the teams above us. We will finish 5th which will be a fantastic achievement in itself.

If we hadn't given the other teams 8 games of a start then we would have been in the mix for second.

Results could have went better for us. The main thing is last year about this time we were worried about getting points to avoid play offs. The fact we are talking about getting into the top four is brilliant, long may the SC revolution continue.

Hope it's Hamilton and Dundee in the bottom two.

Thought Well or those horrible horrible Accies might have done us a wee favour last night but was not to be.

I think if we get to the split still 6 and 7 behind the Hibs and THE THE, then we will just consolidate in 5th. But if the gap has narrowed by the split I think they become catchable...