Thistle match thread (Fred)

C4mmy31

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Didn’t think we were at our best. 

First half we strolled it. Had we picked our game up we’d have been comfortably ahead by the break. 

Second half I felt we were second best. If Sammon was a finisher it’d have been a different story. 

Broadfoot for me was excellent as was Findlay beside him. Power and Dicker did a lot of hard graft. 

Felt they restricted us in wide areas. Our fullbacks didn’t get the room to bomb on. 

JJ produced a great cross for the goal but his final ball was poor. Too many miss hits from Boyd and Erwin in good areas. Mulumbu has a poor game and for me was heading for a second yellow for cheap fouls. 

I thought MacDonald looked really nervy. One in the second half looked routine but he chested it out and Broadfoot saved the day. Some of his punches lacked conviction as well. One very good save when Sammon tried to poke it under him though. Another clean sheet so I’m sure he’ll be content. 

If we show up for a full 90minutes against these bottom six sides we could give one of them a real hiding. Performances haven’t been brilliant in recent weeks but progress has us winning these games now when we’d have dropped points before

Difficult to argue with any of that. Spot on 

4 hours ago, Crocket said:

Can we please have a special mention for mulumbu's mis-timed/mis-hit shot....one of the funniest miss-hits I've seen. It was harder to do what he did. I had it counted before he made the attempt...what followed was brilliant.

He wasnt at his best as has been said but what about that turn while taking the ball out the clouds after 5mins. Great piece of skill.

Is that what happened ? Could not see it because of the post in front of me.... saw a great move and pass then everything disappeared!

Looked to me that there was over 1600 Killie fans yesterday. Doesn’t that stand hold 2900? There certainly wasn’t much room at my end. 

Good win in what was a stuffy match. Broadfoot was outstanding again. Dicker hoovering up anything into strikers feet. Glad Findlay scores he has came on a lot recently and has started stepping out with the ball and making passes. 3 clean sheets in a row. 

Looking forward to Hamilton to this weekend hoping for a big killie following pack out their little gazebo aswell.

There were easily close to 2500/2700 Killie fans there yesterday. If total attendance was 4200 the Jags were lucky if they had 1500 supporters in their two stands as their support was poor.

We totally filled our allocated stand and we were in great form. I think the announcer gave these numbers to avoid demoralizing a team even more that is going down.

Same again next week at Hamilton Come on the Killie.

40 minutes ago, Cammy201 said:

There were easily close to 2500/2700 Killie fans there yesterday. If total attendance was 4200 the Jags were lucky if they had 1500 supporters in their two stands as their support was poor.

We totally filled our allocated stand and we were in great form. I think the announcer gave these numbers to avoid demoralizing a team even more that is going down.

Same again next week at Hamilton Come on the Killie.

Saw a picture of the stand we were in on Twitter and only the bottom left corner had empty seats. Stands holds a lot more than 1600 . Also i know Thistle are struggling , But their support was very quite , not even protesting being bottom of the League.

He said: “Over 1600 people up from Kilmarnock on not a very nice day, on a game they could look at and think they have better things to do on a Saturday.

can’t think of anything else I would rather do on a Saturday than going to watch Ayrshire killie 

11 minutes ago, Graham said:

He said: “Over 1600 people up from Kilmarnock on not a very nice day, on a game they could look at and think they have better things to do on a Saturday.

can’t think of anything else I would rather do on a Saturday than going to watch Ayrshire killie 

Seems a strange quote. Weather was dull but mild before the game and didn't start raining until around half-time. Can't imagine the weather put off any of our support from attending yesterday.

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:05 AM, Souleycouley93 said:

Looked to me that there was over 1600 Killie fans yesterday. Doesn’t that stand hold 2900? There certainly wasn’t much room at my end. 

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, Cammy201 said:

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Bigdaw said:

Saw a picture of the stand we were in on Twitter and only the bottom left corner had empty seats. Stands holds a lot more than 1600 .

Was talking to a Thistle fan at my work and he says the "Colin Weir Stand" as it's now known currently has a capacity closer to 2000.  If so the away support number was bang on.