Aaron simpson

Thebigguy68

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

What does that have to do with whether a player would move from the Midlands (example) to Scotland for the same money? 

Motherwell pay more money than Wrexham hence it's not a fair comparison.

We are comparing league players moving from similar sized clubs and why they would/ wouldn't. Louis Moult was playing non league in England so an improvement all round (standard of play and a better financial package) would make it a "no brainer".

Why would somebody for example move from Bristol Rovers, Blackpool or Plymouth Argyle move? The "lure" of playing against Celtic or Rangers isn't that big.

Carlisle Utd similar sized crowd and prospects as Killie? Gary Dicker - without thinking too far from home? Not a young lad trying to make a career but someone who had plenty league experience and known in that league would have had offers at a similar level but chose to sign for a relegation threatened diddy-managed club in the SPL. 

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

Carlisle Utd similar sized crowd and prospects as Killie? Gary Dicker - without thinking too far from home? Not a young lad trying to make a career but someone who had plenty league experience and known in that league would have had offers at a similar level but chose to sign for a relegation threatened diddy-managed club in the SPL. 

Good example of a player wanting to move.

The point I'm trying to make is that the market isn't as easy as just offering contracts and expecting to compete like for like with similar sized clubs downsouth.

For every player who moves, there will be 4 who don't want to.

First half a player who actually couldn’t get his boot on transformed to an attacking fullback in the second. 

Overall I thought he did quite well. A bit shaky at times but kept his position, supported the attack and competitive throughout. 

I wondered if it was a confidence thing. He seemed more comfortable when Kiltie, Mulumbu or Power drifted out to give him someone to playoff in contrast to O'Donnell who wants room to maraude forward.

He had a terrible first half and they were trying to target him as a weekends.  A wee word from the boss at halftime and within a couple of minutes he had them on the back foot with 2-3 decent attacking runs and set himself up for a far better second half.

His first half was a shocker but our entire playing system revolves around O'Donnell having space to run in while Jones/Taylor play in combinations on the other side. 

It wasn't entirely Simpson's fault although he did linger in possession in the first half. He played better second half and I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke asked the midfielders to offer him a bit more help.

8 hours ago, Garvis said:

Thought the pitch didn’t help seemed to be sticky Simpson always seemed to be waiting for the ball to reach him which gave Hamilton time to shut him down 

The pitch was irrelevant when the ball was coming to him in the air and he was standing like a statue while the opposition took it away. Everything they created in the first half came down his side and the free kick for the goal also resulted from him missing his tackle and the player getting away from him. Second half was much better defensively and he played a lovely wee ball into Boyd for the goal. He is still young and hopefully he will learn. 

37 minutes ago, historyman said:

The pitch was irrelevant when the ball was coming to him in the air and he was standing like a statue while the opposition took it away. Everything they created in the first half came down his side and the free kick for the goal also resulted from him missing his tackle and the player getting away from him. Second half was much better defensively and he played a lovely wee ball into Boyd for the goal. He is still young and hopefully he will learn. 

Sorry I must keep my opinion to myself in future o font of knowledge FFS 

I thought I lived in the free world must have fell asleep and awoken in North Korea