Aaron simpson

Thebigguy68

He is in great shape, very fit, strong and fast. Showed enough in his few appearance to suggest he at least has potential, it's not easy to step in for O'Donnell given that he commands the full right line and you get less cover than you'd probably be used to. If we could get him on a free permanent deal then it could be a good move.

He is in great shape, very fit, strong and fast. Showed enough in his few appearance to suggest he at least has potential, it's not easy to step in for O'Donnell given that he commands the full right line and you get less cover than you'd probably be used to. If we could get him on a free permanent deal then it could be a good move.

He did ok coming on for Taylor at LB when he got a knock, good cover for both LB & RB positions imo.

I'm clearly in the minority here as I think he's horrific.

How can you say that? He's played what, 3 games? 

Had 2 very good assists. Looked a bit shaky against Hamilton in the first half but nothing to suggest he was "horrific" and the game he replaced Taylor at LB and swung in the cross for Boyd he looked very comfortable. 

Seems pretty unfair to claim he's horrific on the small sample we have seen of him.

So were quite a number of the whole team before November.

I'd take him. A pre-season under SSC with a definite place in the team? I think he'd be an excellent addition.

I was one of the ones who defended Power, Broadfoot and Boyd constantly because there was always something there.

Simpson can't defend, he ball watches, he gets caught wrong side of his man, he doesn't stop the first cross. This is basic basic stuff for a full back and I seen nothing in him in any match to suggest he can do that.

We are looking for someone to come in and make an immediate impact not someone that needs six months coaching. If we go down that route then we are as well giving a chance to the young guys we brought in from Alloa and Dundee.

That's just my opinion. Unlike others I'm more than happy to be proven spectacularly wrong if it benefits the club. I'm sure if Clarke sees something in him and wants him then he will be next season.

Ah, the classic, if I'm right I get to say I told you so and if I'm wrong, Killie are doing well. Excellent bet hedging.

Simpson can't defend, he ball watches, he gets caught wrong side of his man, he doesn't stop the first cross. This is basic basic stuff for a full back and I seen nothing in him in any match to suggest he can do that.

Which of the handful of matches did you exclusively watch Simpson, and make this sweeping generalisation? It's a wholly negative opinion based on very limited knowledge. Although I've done the same, but swung the other direction as I'm an optimist at heart.

We are looking for someone to come in and make an immediate impact not someone that needs six months coaching. If we go down that route then we are as well giving a chance to the young guys we brought in from Alloa and Dundee.

Who said he needed 6 months coaching? I said it would be good to get him in for a pre-season, with the team to learn how we play and train consistently, rather than from mid-season onwards.

Not sure what my overall point is here. We disagree, you ain't changing your mind based on me challenging the basis of how you've made it.

• 1 year later...