Lee Clark on Steve Clarke and Billy Bowie

kfc_superteam

8 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Bit of a clown to be honest and how he left us in sixth when, the other Muppets after Kenny, couldn't string two wins together. I'll give him Coulibaly though although that might just have been law of averages. 

And Jones!

When compared to the other guys we had in charge between Shiels and Clarke he was miles ahead of the rest. However nowhere near the same category as Clarke, Shiels, Jefferies, Williamson etc.

The number of bad/weird signings he made outweigh the good ones, but JJ, Coulibaly, Ajer and Woodman were great signings.

I think he would have kept us up the season that he left, but it would have been interesting to see what he would have done with another summer transfer window in charge

Edited by Nigel4

Poor manager. Was pleased when he left us. Three achievements were keeping us up, Coulibaly and Jones though JJ wasn't the player he is now. I suppose that is impressive if you compare to his predecessor but Gary Locke may well have been the worst manager in our history. 

Don't see Clark getting another job anytime soon. Despite what he says his record at Bury was very poor after spending comparatively big for the division. He really only enjoyed success at Huddersfield where their budget dwarfed the rest of the league. You could see he had media training as he talked a good game but didn't deliver. 

2 hours ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Smashing guy who gave his all for us, he did have his hands tied by MJ but some conveniently forget this.....welcome back anytime.....

No thank you very much hope he keeps well away and doesn't darken our doorstep though I will concede he did give us coulibaly and JJ and managed to beat Falkirk but his ' I will give you a team to be proud of ' speech   please pass the sick bag!

4 hours ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Ah ha, some negativity for you to stoke up......good effort.....

Perhaps if you removed your head from his arse you’d see his record isn’t that good. 

I’m not sure how you think having an opinion on someone no longer connected with the club is stoking negativity. Do you mean towards the club or towards the conman?

16 hours ago, Bbk said:

No thank you very much hope he keeps well away and doesn't darken our doorstep though I will concede he did give us coulibaly and JJ and managed to beat Falkirk but his ' I will give you a team to be proud of ' speech   please pass the sick bag!

Every Killie manager beats Falkirk so it’s hardly an achievement, and he probably signed Jones and Coulibaly as right backs to keep all his other right backs company.

Edited by Zorro

Think the biggest thing to take from this story is the praise for Billy Bowie. When he first came in I was greatful for the injection of capital but had no feel good factor about what he would bring to the club. So far he has been a genuine find for us as a club and since MJ left it seems Bowie can do no wrong but is not always getting the credit he deserves - step forward Billy and take a bow(ie)!

15 minutes ago, IMO said:

Think the biggest thing to take from this story is the praise for Billy Bowie. When he first came in I was greatful for the injection of capital but had no feel good factor about what he would bring to the club. So far he has been a genuine find for us as a club and since MJ left it seems Bowie can do no wrong but is not always getting the credit he deserves - step forward Billy and take a bow(ie)!

I get the impression BB is quite happy to be out of the spotlight.

Even on Saturday night at the KFCSA POTY dance, he was in the background thou he had a look of content on his face as fans chatted away with him.

Can't believe the negativity here from a positive article about our club.

Zorro, I'm shocked at you. You had a wankfest over Woodman from day one... Clark signed him.

Other notable things to include:

£1m for a player who played 5 months for us... our second largest transfer fee as a club in our history.

Jordan Jones... could easily eclipse the fee we received for Couilably.

Kris Ajer... You know, Celtics first choice central defender played with Killie.

Kept us in the league from a hopeless position.

Had us sitting sixth when he left as he keeps saying and endorsed Lee McCulloch who signed a host of players that currently are in with a shout of Europe.

Talked the club up daily to the press.

Gave Greg Taylor his debut.

Changed the style and layout of our changing rooms (that remains today) with posters of players and positivity messages.

Moved our dugout to the right hand side rather than the left so he could influence a linesman and 4th official more shouting in their ear than opposition.

Aye he wasn't perfect, but f**k me after what we've had to put up with for years on end we should be cutting the guy some slack.

He tried cryochambers and changing training times, he had the courage to try and change our fortunes and think outside the box. I'd rather that than the status quo we endured under previous managers.

He also brought his brother in law in who seemed to do a hell of a better job than the current custodians of our youth teams.

Without Clark we wouldn't be sitting with Clarke!!

6 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Can't believe the negativity here from a positive article about our club.

Zorro, I'm shocked at you. You had a wankfest over Woodman from day one... Clark signed him.

Other notable things to include:

£1m for a player who played 5 months for us... our second largest transfer fee as a club in our history.

Jordan Jones... could easily eclipse the fee we received for Couilably.

Kris Ajer... You know, Celtics first choice central defender played with Killie.

Kept us in the league from a hopeless position.

Had us sitting sixth when he left as he keeps saying and endorsed Lee McCulloch who signed a host of players that currently are in with a shout of Europe.

Talked the club up daily to the press.

Gave Greg Taylor his debut.

Changed the style and layout of our changing rooms (that remains today) with posters of players and positivity messages.

Moved our dugout to the right hand side rather than the left so he could influence a linesman and 4th official more shouting in their ear than opposition.

Aye he wasn't perfect, but f**k me after what we've had to put up with for years on end we should be cutting the guy some slack.

He tried cryochambers and changing training times, he had the courage to try and change our fortunes and think outside the box. I'd rather that than the status quo we endured under previous managers.

He also brought his brother in law in who seemed to do a hell of a better job than the current custodians of our youth teams.

Without Clark we wouldn't be sitting with Clarke!!

Absolutely agree