Jones or Mulumbu?

Killieboykfc

If you could keep only one:  

138 members have voted

1. 1. If you could keep only one:

If you could only pick one to keep for next season who would you keep and why?

For me it would be Jones. I think it would be a lot harder to replace someone like Jones. I've never seen a guy be able to control a ball at the speed he runs at. 

Mulumbu is obviously class but I think with Power, Dicker and potentially Tshibola we would be okay.

Hopefully we get them both!

JJ I would think. Has got better and better as the season has progressed and is one of the few genuinely exciting players in the league. I fancy he'll add more goals and assists next season if he stays.

Mulumbu is a class act and has been superb to watch this season but even when he's been out the team we've performed well. 

What a question.

As seems to be the popular opinion I'd keep JJ.  Great combo with Taylor and seems to love playing for Killie right now.

Mulumbu is a class act, and a joy to watch, but we haven't relied on him as much as I thought we would, whereas JJ really stretches teams for us.

2 hours ago, IMO said:

Jones at the moment BUT let me see next 5 games as Mulumbu raises his game against the big teams and this is where we need to take more points in a season to move on

Good point, think the big man will put a few mediocre performances behind in the remaining fixtures. Loves a game against the ugly sisters.

Would have to be Jones ... Mulumbu really steadied the team when he arrived and along with Dicker and Power, gave us a solid base to build on. He's missed a few games recently and we haven't really missed him due to the attitude and real cameraderie throughout the team/club.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Jones,

Especially if he signs a deal.

I think we've a chance of keeping both,

Unfortunately as things stand there’s next to no chance. If it was up to me I’d break the bank to tie JJ into a 4 year deal.

a fantastic talent with lightening pace. Still think he will improve further. Think it would be good for both parties however I fear that we are well short with our offer.

Difficult question. Overall I’d opt for JJ. He’s the guy who makes a difference in the games against your Motherwells, Hibs, Patrick’s etc. He also adds something against the OF. Mulumbu is the guy who takes us to the next level against Rangers and Celtic but in some of the so called lesser games he’s been a bit of a no show. We need those performances more than the TV games Boyd has joked about as that’s your bread and butter. 

I’d love to keep both as we are a better team with them in it. 

29 minutes ago, piffer said:

Difficult question. Overall I’d opt for JJ. He’s the guy who makes a difference in the games against your Motherwells, Hibs, Patrick’s etc. He also adds something against the OF. Mulumbu is the guy who takes us to the next level against Rangers and Celtic but in some of the so called lesser games he’s been a bit of a no show. We need those performances more than the TV games Boyd has joked about as that’s your bread and butter. 

I’d love to keep both as we are a better team with them in it. 

Agree with piffer.

Mulumbu is a class act and capable of magic on his day but he has not been so prevalent in recent games and I think he needs the bigger stage to show his best consistently. Grateful he has been with us but given a choice, Jordon has done more over the season to merit priority if it comes to a choice.

Whatever happens, we thank them both for contributing to a great season for us.