Modernised Ticketing System

Chum

I have just seen that Motherwell have partnered with ticketmaster for next season, giving fans a way to purchase tickets remotely: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/04/18/motherwell-enter-partnership-with-ticketmaster/

Surely this is something that we must look into, as the ticketing system is so outdated. This would make life easier for everyone, club and fans alike surely? 

39 minutes ago, thesnowman21 said:

Whilst I agree, I despise ticketmaster and their ridiculous fees. An online ticket system is needed, where tickets can be sent to a phone and scanned at the turnstyle. 

I would tend to agree but within the article linked they state that there won’t be any booking fees for home matches or season tickets. It wouldn’t need to be ticketmaster, I’m sure there would be alternatives. 

Yesterday’s technology. I’ve just had a microchip inserted in the lower part of the cerebellum. It’s allows uninhibited access to all killie games and works in all drive throughout Macdonalds. It also records double loyalty points in Starbucks. I get a twice annual bill. I would urge all REAL killie fans to pay the 7,500 quid to have the this only slightly, ok fairly significantly intrusive surgery conducted. 

1 hour ago, DrewWylie said:

Unnecessary at killie

Just read back through the forums to see how many fans had great difficulty getting tickets for games.  It might be OK if you live or work in Killie but if you are out of town it is a bind with a hefty extra cost if you want tickets posted.  E-ticketing is the way forward.  Makes tickets more accessible and cuts down on staff costs, both at point of sale and at turnstiles.

This for me is easy, if you already hold a ST then you should be able to go onto the club shop web page and renew your season ticket and for cup games be able to do the same go online and add game tickets, this will then cut down in folk waiting for hours at the shop waiting for the 1 lassie to look it up on her PC. If you don't have a ST then you should be able to apply for a members card where you register your details online, (picking a seat where you would like to sit when you attend games), and get sent out a members card which you will be able to use online to buy tickets for games. This card could also be used to monitor people who for example buy only Rankers at Killie game tickets once and twice a season and if the club wish cancel their members card.

12 hours ago, Lroy said:

My big English team, Southport in the Conference North, have just started doing e-tickets for home games. You print off the barcode or scan it off your phone to get in. Seems to be run by http://www.kaizenticketing.com/

Given that we already have a card scanning system in place you wouldn't think this would be a major stretch to implement something so simple.

All this e ticket and Phone scan tickets are excellent ideas , but lets not forget the many older generation fans who dont use computers or smart phones

There should always be a facility for pay at the gate or purchasing tickets at the geound or shop in the days before a game.

We should sell tickets to away fans in the same way. It would give a better idea of the numbers expected and allow us to plan accordingly. It would also stop sevco from having anything to do with our ticket money. The idea of a club with their financial history, dealing with our money makes me nervous. 

Does anyone know if the old firm still put an administrative cost on selling tickets for us?

It's not about all ticket games, although it would obviously help there. It's about making it as easy as possible to buy entry to the match. 

Contactless at the turnstile - there are no free cash machines near Rugby Park, and I've forgotten to take cash before only to find the hotel one out of order. 

If I can buy my ticket through an app on my phone, I can do it in the pub on the way there and swipe through at the turnstiles. Easy peasy. 

I went to a Fenerbache game in Istanbul a couple of years back. You get a ‘Passolig’ card which is valid for entry at all grounds in the top league. You then have an online account/phone app which you top up with cash and you can buy both home and away tickets for your designated club via the app. Turn up, swipe the card and you are in, the app tells you your seat number etc. You can also use it to buy food/drink inside the stadium.

Some of the Turkish fans hate it as they see it as intrusive as it holds a picture of you and links you to the seat you have selected and because it was set up/funded by the government they don’t trust it, but a similar system would work an absolute treat here.

2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

It's not about all ticket games, although it would obviously help there. It's about making it as easy as possible to buy entry to the match. 

Contactless at the turnstile - there are no free cash machines near Rugby Park, and I've forgotten to take cash before only to find the hotel one out of order. 

If I can buy my ticket through an app on my phone, I can do it in the pub on the way there and swipe through at the turnstiles. Easy peasy. 

True, but if you are in the pub then you will be buying beer on your card so you can always get cashback ;). I do see your point about it not necessarily being all ticket though.

16 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Yesterday’s technology. I’ve just had a microchip inserted in the lower part of the cerebellum. It’s allows uninhibited access to all killie games and works in all drive throughout Macdonalds. It also records double loyalty points in Starbucks. I get a twice annual bill. I would urge all REAL killie fans to pay the 7,500 quid to have the this only slightly, ok fairly significantly intrusive surgery conducted. 

I hope that you have got yourself a pin badge to go along with it or your just pretending to be a real fan..... Or was it a pin badge that was repurposed to put the relevant tech into your cerebellum? That's a true supporter of you did.