Is Mulumbu an inconvenience or substitute for success

Brian1168

I think if here, and if fit, Mulumbu will always be selected against the "big teams" because it has been proven that they do not enjoy playing against him and he helps us massively to retain the ball in these games.

The only one of the top 6 teams he seems to struggle against is the Hibs because they tend to move the ball quite quickly through the CM area and it is harder for him to get a foot on it IMO

The philosophy of life in this title, and completely confusing

Yes Mulumbu will play  / Yes he would get a game for any team in Scotland / Yes signing him would have big bearing on next season as we'd have a star player in the team

I'm still puzzled as to what this thread is about

Really don't understand the question.

Would we play one of our best players against the best teams in the league, just in case we sign him for next season??? Bwuh?

Or is it, IF we sign him for next season, would we play him against the smaller teams as his effectiveness seems to be slightly less?

No worries mate. Been there myself.  I think I get the gist of it tho.  There have been games against poorer sides where he has looked a little disinterested - I'm thinking Hamilton at RP - but then he does something like - against Hamilton at RP - pulling a high ball down and beating his marker in a single, incredible move that make you realise that football can be art and we're having the privellige of watching an artist.  He did absolutely f**k all for the rest of the game.

Worth it though.

1 hour ago, allycowan1 said:

No worries mate. Been there myself.  I think I get the gist of it tho.  There have been games against poorer sides where he has looked a little disinterested - I'm thinking Hamilton at RP - but then he does something like - against Hamilton at RP - pulling a high ball down and beating his marker in a single, incredible move that make you realise that football can be art and we're having the privellige of watching an artist.  He did absolutely f**k all for the rest of the game.

Worth it though.

Can we please stop saying Mulumbu looks disinterested?! He's better against the better sides because the standard is higher. Playing against Ali Crawford and Imrie is a walk in the park for him, the intensity drops and he isn't at his best. I don't believe for one minute that he's ever played for us uninterested in how he performs. Brown, McGinn etc play at a much higher intensity which suits Mulumbu's game. Even vs Sevco a big crowd sets the pace and intensity of the games. 

1 minute ago, Jamsie said:

Can we please stop saying Mulumbu looks disinterested?! He's better against the better sides because the standard is higher. Playing against Ali Crawford and Imrie is a walk in the park for him, the intensity drops and he isn't at his best. I don't believe for one minute that he's ever played for us uninterested in how he performs. Brown, McGinn etc play at a much higher intensity which suits Mulumbu's game. Even vs Sevco a big crowd sets the pace and intensity of the games. 

Exactly...... 

41 minutes ago, Jamsie said:

Spot on and some walloper gave you a red card 

See to be fair to the original poster, I do have some concerns about Mulumbu. He's now injured again, and he's missed a few matches this year with niggling injuries. My concern is taking on a player on big wages who becomes another Locke or Stevie Smith.

In terms of ability he's fantastic however.

5 hours ago, Killie1984 said:

If Mulumbu falls in Caprington woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

What I want to know is why is he in Caprington woods falling down and maybe injuring himself when he should be at the theatre of pies supporting his team mates? :15: