Match Day Website

baz

Match Day Website Poll  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a Match Day website would be a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Blank (is it still a blank if you actually put 'Blank' on it?)
    •  

One of the other things we have been talking to our web host about is the introduction of a match day website. It will have one or two features on the day specific to whatever match is on and also lots of links out to other things to do in and around Kilmarnock before and after the game. It would be useful for fans of both teams and if we could get the balance right, hopefully something the club itself might see the merit in and could adopt or take over when the time was right.

Please let us know why you think it might or might not work and also feel free to chip in with ideas that we may not have already thought about. If we do go ahead we might need a couple of people to help out and run this as it will be over and above what we do already...but still link in wherever possible.

1 hour ago, Calummoore86 said:

What about an app for your phone Baz? You can push notifications about upcoming fixtures or events, have competitions etc. I think websites are becoming more redundant and I don't think a matchday website would get a lot of traffic (I may be wrong). 

An app was talked about. I thought it was the way to go as well for this kind of thing but it would cost us between £1k - £2k for the initial development and we were not sure whether it was worth it. I'm definitely not saying no to it...we'll need to see how the figures stack up. I'm hoping we get a rep on the board soon though so we can get some buy-in from the club to boost the idea. There is a massive scope to further our reach...we've been to UWS and seen what they do for St Mirren etc. and Killie TV and Radio is also a place we can go to bring in more people...and I think that together with the club we could make it happen in a way that has no massive outlay and would become an extra revenue stream for the club. Again, its all about finding ways to do things and not finding ways why we can't. Change is the watch word here, without the willingness to see things from a new perspective and act upon it then our progress will be limited...look at the progress Scott M has made that I mentioned on another thread, imagine what we could do with everyone on board.

An app would be fantastic if executed well in my opinion. Would be good if the club supported it as it could then be used for multiple purposes. Plus more people would use it if it was the official club app, with all of the aforementioned features and more. 

The app would be far better. I'm sure there are many people who are out and about, or simply down the pub and it would be much better than a website. Even when sitting in the house, I would use the app rather than a website.

Student project would be a good way to go, but then there are time constraints on it e.g. it won't be ready for the start of the season! I wonder if there are any phone app developers that are on here that could do a basic version to see how much interest there would be for it. Problem is the different versions of android os, iphone os etc (and the support there in for the person doing a "freebie")

edit - I voted No for a website, but would vote yes for an app.

Edited by killieblues

I replied yes but agree with other people that the way to go would be an app. 

If it only costs 2K I'm sure the club would be interested in have some part. Without sounding like a data scientist at Cambridge Analytica it could be of benefit of the club in gathering data on users so that they better understand and tailor the match day experience and other deals closer to what the fans expect. If fans from other clubs could use it it could also allow them to monitor and get rough estimates of away numbers.     

Just my two cents. 

4 hours ago, baz said:

An app was talked about. I thought it was the way to go as well for this kind of thing but it would cost us between £1k - £2k for the initial development and we were not sure whether it was worth it. I'm definitely not saying no to it...we'll need to see how the figures stack up. I'm hoping we get a rep on the board soon though so we can get some buy-in from the club to boost the idea. There is a massive scope to further our reach...we've been to UWS and seen what they do for St Mirren etc. and Killie TV and Radio is also a place we can go to bring in more people...and I think that together with the club we could make it happen in a way that has no massive outlay and would become an extra revenue stream for the club. Again, its all about finding ways to do things and not finding ways why we can't. Change is the watch word here, without the willingness to see things from a new perspective and act upon it then our progress will be limited...look at the progress Scott M has made that I mentioned on another thread, imagine what we could do with everyone on board.

Could you not charge a couple of quid to download the app to recoup the cash, I for one would be up for that.