One to Eleven with Jérôme Vareille

KillieFC

Good read! 

How up to date is the part where he runs the sandwich shop in Hamilton? I looked it up so I could visit next time we're there and Google says "permanently closed" :(

Got quite excited when I read he was still in Scotland too!

Edited by jesper

34 minutes ago, jesper said:

Good read! 

How up to date is the part where he runs the sandwich shop in Hamilton? I looked it up so I could visit next time we're there and Google says "permanently closed" :(

Got quite excited when I read he was still in Scotland too!

Must have closed in past month or so as my old fella regularly went in to see him.

14 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

It takes quite a leap of imagination to think running a sandwich shop in Hamilton can be better than going home to France ;) 

Why?

If the guy has no skills outside football,  has or had a family here and the kids were with his former partner.  Why would going to France be better.

if the big man is happy here then it’s his life and he can live it how he likes.

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Why?

If the guy has no skills outside football,  has or had a family here and the kids were with his former partner.  Why would going to France be better.

if the big man is happy here then it’s his life and he can live it how he likes.

Because numerous parts of France are beautiful and sunny. Hamilton is a dump. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

His family and kids would be better of in France. Much more cosmopolitan and they might live longer on a healthier diet. French accent so much sexier than the Hamilton one. 

Aye BUT if he and his missus aren’t together and his kids don’t live with him,  then being in a different country isn’t an option.  That was my point.

Enjoyed the article and brought back some good memories of the last group to be regularly in the European race. Also like the look of the best 11 he played with. Was thinking how strong it looked and who from the current team I may think about swapping out. I’d stick with the keeper and centre backs but I think the 2 current full backs would replace Kerr ( definitely) and gus. The central 3 midfielders is interesting. I’d have durrant no question. And Gary holt needs to be in. I liked Mavis and he was very consistent but mulumbu playing in what I think is his best position , holding mid, would be swapped. I’d replace Maclaren with jj and keep nevin. I’d swap a younger Boyd for wright. Now that team would be European bound!!!!!

Marshall
MacPherson - Montgomerie - Dindeleux - Kerr
McLaren - Reilly - Holt - Nevin
Durrant
Wright

Brilliant to hear him use the phrase 'by the way' in a near-perfect West Coast accent. One of the lassies I used to work with in Aberdeen met with and befriended Jerome and his family on holiday whilst she and her husband were at the same resort. He was still with Killie at the time and they kept in regular touch. She said he was a complete gentleman and absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Dieselfeet

On 4/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, Thebigguy68 said:

Enjoyed the article and brought back some good memories of the last group to be regularly in the European race. Also like the look of the best 11 he played with. Was thinking how strong it looked and who from the current team I may think about swapping out. I’d stick with the keeper and centre backs but I think the 2 current full backs would replace Kerr ( definitely) and gus. The central 3 midfielders is interesting. I’d have durrant no question. And Gary holt needs to be in. I liked Mavis and he was very consistent but mulumbu playing in what I think is his best position , holding mid, would be swapped. I’d replace Maclaren with jj and keep nevin. I’d swap a younger Boyd for wright. Now that team would be European bound!!!!!

Marshall
MacPherson - Montgomerie - Dindeleux - Kerr
McLaren - Reilly - Holt - Nevin
Durrant
Wright

Was going to comment on this. That is a proper decent team.