SSC

Squirrelhumper

Riles me how much these c**tz think they have a god given right to have everything they want in Scottish football. Surely now the penny must be dropping that no one with half a brain cell wants anything to do with them? My mate from work when I broke the news to him " Didnae even want um anyway if he cannae hack it at a big club like mccines then we don't want him, hes a tarrier anyway" LAWLS!!!

Buzzing for Easter Road tomorrow now, not fussed if its not for anything, just go and sing yer hertz oot (non jambo related) in appreciation of SSC!

Steve Clarke has reiterated his commitment to Kilmarnock following reports he was approached by Rangers.

It was claimed Ibrox chiefs turned their attention to new managerial target Steven Gerrard after receiving a knock-back from Clarke.

But the Rugby Park boss - who has faced a constant cycle of speculation linking him to the likes of Gers and the Scotland job since taking over at Killie back in October - insists his focus has never shifted from his current position.

Speaking ahead of Saturday's trip to Hibernian, he said: "There was no offer. For me it's not really a story. I'm happy here at Kilmarnock, I enjoy the work I'm doing and I look forward to next season.

"I don't really think I should be standing here talking about Rangers because it's not my club. Kilmarnock is the club I'm working for."

Clarke was happy to discuss the form of skipper Kris Boyd, who was this week nominated for PFA Scotland's player of the year award.

The veteran frontman has hit 21 goals in all competitions this term and Clarke believes that is proof the ex-Scotland striker has rediscovered the joy of scoring.

"Kris has been outstanding since I came to the club," said Clarke, who has also handed namesake Scott Boyd a new one-year contract. "I had a good chat with him on my first day in the building.

"He was a little bit down and a little bit sad about the way his career was going at that stage.

"I asked him to give me a few weeks to work with me in training, to see if he enjoyed the way I went about my business and to see if he could rekindle the spirit and the joy of playing football here at Kilmarnock.

"And I think his performances and goal return since then tells you that he's managed to find that spark again.

"It wasn't my decision on whether he stayed on, it was Kris' decision. There was no big rallying speech or whatever.

"It was just me looking at a senior professional that I felt still had something to offer the club and the team.

"He certainly deserves to be nominated for player of the year and if he could win it, it'd be a remarkable achievement."

Clarke inherited a side bottom of the table when he was appointed but they can take a step closer to securing fifth place if they can see off Neil Lennon's team at Easter Road.

They lead Hearts by nine points with four games remaining and Clarke said: "My main concern is consolidating fifth, which would be a remarkable achievement considering where we were in October.

"It will be tough though. Hibs were excellent last week against Celtic and were worthy winners - but they have been showing they are a good side all season and that's why Neil is my choice for manager of the year."

(Evening Times)

I liked this bit:

"I don't really think I should be standing here talking about Rangers because it's not my club. Kilmarnock is the club I'm working for."

And, on an unrelated topic, Clarke was happy to discuss the form of skipper Kris Boyd, who was this week nominated for PFA Scotland's player of the year award.

22 minutes ago, skygod said:

You couldn't make it up!

@HullCity 3h3 hours ago

"Contrary to reports, Allan McGregor wasn’t at Rangers yesterday and he hasn’t agreed terms with Rangers - he was here yesterday! The manager had a private conversation with him this morning and nothing happened with Rangers."

hahahahahahhahahahahahhaha