Hibs away, Fred

CB

Edge of the seat stuff. 

Hibs just have that little bit of extra class creative wise with McGinn and Allan. 

Special mention to Alan Power who despite an early booking was everywhere. 

Boydie. What can you say? 

Thought he looked knackered and should be subbed then made me eat my words with that free kick. 

Stuart Findlay. 

Easily our most improved player. Get him signed. 

Mulumbu. Offers so much more than Tshibola. If he goes as is likely then thanks for the memories. 

Add a creative spark for next season and we will do OK. 

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Stuart Findlay. 

Easily our most improved player. Get him signed. 

There has to be a good chance that someone else is going to outbid us for his services.

Looks much improved on the player who was on loan from Celtic.

Looks confident bringing the ball out of defence and did great for his goal.

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

Are you suggesting you have a better appreciation of how players perform in matches than SSC? That would be a bold statement to make.

Pots and kettles here cast your mind back to when you were doing the exact same re our goalkeeping situation in the past cammy bell for instance!

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

There has to be a good chance that someone else is going to outbid us for his services.

Looks much improved on the player who was on loan from Celtic.

Looks confident bringing the ball out of defence and did great for his goal.

I've got a feeling Hibs may go for him. I reckon we could hold off anyone else but feel they may get one over on us. 

13 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

My fear of a top six collapse and possible loss of momentum re season tickets is looking more likely. Schoolboy error by the Board. 

I doubt people are as shallow as you give them credit for.

They will make a judgement over the entire season, not the last five matches, I think. Anyone with any intuition can see that the club is on the up and going places again.

You seriously think anyone swithering about buying a season ticket is going to be deterred by today's match? It's more likely to increase sales!

And even if there was to be a lull in demand, it would be forgotten over the summer and on the back of a few good signings.

It's only April, for heaven's sake! Three months before the new season starts.

Edited by skygod

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

We played well enough today, but the defence was poor at times. Think the Goalie is costing us. My fear of a top six collapse and possible loss of momentum re season tickets is looking more likely. Schoolboy error by the Board. 

Another wee attempt to make the thread all about you. Well done. 

Great game, the boys gave there all today however it wasn't to be. The main fault today was the defence leaving too much space behind them. With Hibs having so much pace in their team they will punish you. Both Fasan and Tishbola are not up to scratch I'm afraid. Too many mistakes between they to justify new deals IMO. Still a great season with us competing with two of the best teams in the league despite us losing. Shoutout to veryone at the game. Everyone was in great voice.

"....Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke's disgruntlement about referee Don Robertson's 'general performance' saw him sent to the stand at half-time.

The former West Brom boss said: 'Probably the best (thing) to say about the referee is I have never commented on a referee and today I got sent off.

'It was just the general performance from the referee. Obviously (the penalty claims) were in my thoughts at half-time.

'I spoke to him as I was going out for the second half as obviously I have work to do at half-time.

'I didn't know until I was going to the pitch for the second half and he just asked me to watch it from upstairs and I said 'as long as he supplies the ticket I will be fine'."

(Record)

8 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

We played well enough today, but the defence was poor at times. Think the Goalie is costing us. My fear of a top six collapse and possible loss of momentum re season tickets is looking more likely. Schoolboy error by the Board. 

Ffs - see all this nonsense about capturing the moment for season tickets and continued negativity towards the board on the subject....

if what you are saying is that on the basis of losing 1 game in the midst of a brilliant run and everything else that is good around the club just now  fans would allow a tiny short term disappointment to cloud out all the good and outweigh the longer term decision of buying a season ticket????

On that basis why would you ever let fans near the running of a club if all they can do is play  up to their fickle stereotypes 

6 minutes ago, CYRILLRIP said:

Ffs - see all this nonsense about capturing the moment for season tickets and continued negativity towards the board on the subject....

if what you are saying is that on the basis of losing 1 game in the midst of a brilliant run and everything else that is good around the club just now  fans would allow a tiny short term disappointment to cloud out all the good and outweigh the longer term decision of buying a season ticket????

On that basis why would you ever let fans near the running of a club if all they can do is play  up to their fickle stereotypes 

Spot on.

How anyone could watch that game today and not want to buy a season ticket is beyond me. I'm not sure what your point even is anymore McLean... apart from "look at me I said we should do this and we didn't and I bet this will come back to bite us". A broken clock is right twice a day and keep throwing wild statements about without any substance and eventually one will come true.

Does it not get boring moaning about attendances and lost opportunities? Change the record mate!

We've had years of s**te football and managerial f**k ups. Now we have a core of a team that we can all get behind and you think a loss with four first team players out to an Aberdeen side we've not beaten in years, and a defeat at Easter Road to a team who outplayed the champions the week before will have an adverse effect on sales!?

Have a word with yourself!!

On today's game... Brown, McGinn and Shinney all have one thing in common. Well two...

Ugly as f**k and manage to last to 85 minutes without a booking after 10+ fouls.

The elephant in the room about Fasan is that a defense that had kept almost constant clean sheets for 10 games has shipped 8 since he was given a starting place. Keepers don't just make saves. They're a fundamental part of the defense and our back line now looks nervous and rattled as if they lack confidence.   Bin him.  Killie are too big to be training ordinary goalkeepers in the hope they turn out ok several games down the line. Same goes for Tshibola.  Gave it a go. Didn't work. See ye.

6 minutes ago, allycowan1 said:

Killie are too big to be training ordinary goalkeepers in the hope they turn out ok several games down the line.

I've said it before - he was on trial pre-season and wasn't signed.

Clarke obviously decided he needed back-up in January and probably Billy Thompson suggested him.

I think Thompson's judgement must be open to question.

27 minutes ago, skygod said:

I've said it before - he was on trial pre-season and wasn't signed.

Clarke obviously decided he needed back-up in January and probably Billy Thompson suggested him.

I think Thompson's judgement must be open to question.

It’s interesting you question Thompson’s judgement. Our record for signing decent goalkeepers during his time with the club hasn’t been great at all. If you take away MacDonald and Woodman who were both brought in as almost old pals acts by managers most of the keepers we’ve signed haven’t been of enough quality.

Going to buy my first season ticket in 20 years next week, one for me and my daughter. The recent results have done nothing to change my mind. I feel the club has made some huge strides in the past 6 months on and off the park and it’s now down to lapsed fans such as myself to show support of their recent improvements and commitments.