Hibs away, Fred

CB

We've done really well in the previous two January transfer windows (Hodson, Dicker, Woodman, Ajer).

Unfortunately none of the signings this year can be considered successes. 

I really enjoyed today's game. We looked better when Mulumbu came on and I think we would have taken something if our strongest team had started. SC probably has one eye on next season and wanted to get a look at Fasan and Tshibola against decent opposition. 

As I said earlier we ran the in form team close in a very entertaining game. However I don’t believe our style today would reflect our style if there had been something on the line for us. We wouldn’t have been so open. Possibly three of the players wouldn’t have made the starting lineup. Concentration levels would’ve been higher. 

These top six fixtures are more or less meaningless for us resultswise. Never going to be caught by Hearts and just that wee bit too far behind fourth place to make a go of catching up. They are our reward for fine performances throughout the rest of Clarke’s reign. They’ve allowed him to experiment with different tactics, formations and personnel. He’ll be happy with some aspects and identified others which require change if we’re to look further up the table next season. Lets settle down and wait and see how things progress. 

3 hours ago, skygod said:

When did we last bring through a keeper?

Bell, I suppose.

We used to have a conveyor belt of internationalists!

To be fair Cammy Bell served his 'apprenticeship' with Annan so can't really be said he came through our system.

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

These top six fixtures are more or less meaningless for us resultswise. 

That’s maybe the attitude taken by Thistle after they made the Top Six last season. 

They drew one, lost five and have carried that form into this season. 

The manager knows who he wants next season and has either resigned them or will be negotiating to do so. 

I honestly don’t believe he will be writing off the results of these matches as meaningless. 

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

That’s maybe the attitude taken by Thistle after they made the Top Six last season. 

The manager knows who he wants next season and has either resigned them or will be negotiating to do so. 

I honestly don’t believe he will be writing off the results of these matches as meaningless. 

Drew one & lost 5 would that not make it a top 7 as that would be 6 games

11 hours ago, skygod said:

I doubt people are as shallow as you give them credit for.

They will make a judgement over the entire season, not the last five matches, I think. Anyone with any intuition can see that the club is on the up and going places again.

You seriously think anyone swithering about buying a season ticket is going to be deterred by today's match? It's more likely to increase sales!

And even if there was to be a lull in demand, it would be forgotten over the summer and on the back of a few good signings.

It's only April, for heaven's sake! Three months before the new season starts.

I think switherers might leave it we don't get another point this season. And that's possible. The switherers are not as aware of all the progress that the diehards are. Should have struck when the iron was hot. New signings might help plus an inventive campaign, if there is one. 

Great game for the neutral. End to end stuff and Could’ve easily finished a draw or even a Killie win had we a few breaks. Not seen the offside goal again. Hibs are so quick though you can’t allow space in behind. Fasan is rooted to his line all game so was always going to struggle. Tshibola was frustrating all game, looks lazy at times and left tonnes of space open for hibs to get up the park. Did make a few good passes though. 

Ref was brutal again 3 bookings for our midfield were harsh. Similar challenges from hibs resulted in nothing. 

52 minutes ago, skygod said:

Nah. Thistle are just s**t and their manager is too thick to learn or plan ahead. None of this applies to us. 

Going by the performance,, effort put in yesterday and the players downbeat faces after the final whistle ...no one should accuse this team of coasting these top 6 games...or treating them as meaningless 

These are very tough games coming after a long period when the team put together a great run of fantastic results..plus we are carrying a few injuries  ...

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I think switherers might leave it we don't get another point this season. And that's possible. The switherers are not as aware of all the progress that the diehards are. Should have struck when the iron was hot. New signings might help plus an inventive campaign, if there is one. 

If switherers don't want to watch football games like the one yesterday then it is their loss.