Hibs away, Fred

CB

I don't see an evidence that we are treating the final games as meaningless...too many key players out against Aberdeen...a good performance yesterday against the form team in the league...mistakes made yes...I thought we had drew level at 4-4 but goal chopped off...great stuff indeed...what a difference to fighting off relegation...season ticket renewal is next...

15 hours ago, fraz65 said:

We've done really well in the previous two January transfer windows (Hodson, Dicker, Woodman, Ajer).

Unfortunately none of the signings this year can be considered successes. 

I really enjoyed today's game. We looked better when Mulumbu came on and I think we would have taken something if our strongest team had started. SC probably has one eye on next season and wanted to get a look at Fasan and Tshibola against decent opposition. 

I don't think it's the same thing. 

In previous January windows we desperately needed new players to strengthen very poor teams. This year Clarke was signing players to provide cover. 

5 hours ago, historyman said:

I don't think it's the same thing. 

In previous January windows we desperately needed new players to strengthen very poor teams. This year Clarke was signing players to provide cover. 

Agreed but he would presumably still have signed Fasan, Simpson and Tshibola with a view to them being first team players for next season. 

Simpson hasn't really had much of a chance but on the brief viewings I've had of Fasan and Tshibola I think that we can do better. 

Maybe SC decided not to blow the budget when we were destined to finish between 5th and 7th regardless of who he brought in.  

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - can't see how we were destined to finish between 5th and 7th at the end of December.

Also, I see Fasan as an advice signing, as the club knew about him, but Clarke wouldn't - Simpson would have been brought in because we had no cover at right back this season and can't see how a loan player is brought in with a view to him being available the next season (he might be, but that's not the way I see Clarke planning in advance - the contract extensions of existing players is more indicative of planning).

Brought myself to watch the Hibs goals again. 

Biggest general issue was as I posted earlier, there were gaps between our full backs and our CBs that weren't being plugged quickly enough and Hibs players were always making darting runs into that space.

On reflection I don't think Fasan could have done anything at all about Goals 2 and 4. Third goal he should be saving it and why he didn't is anybody's guess - poor starting position?, first and fifth goals went straight through him - happens sometimes but shouldn't be happening often.

Tish was most culpable for first goal, pathetic - as we all thought at the time. He also saw Whittaker's run for second and let others deal with it - whether he could have made up enough ground to stop the shot is a moot point - probably not.

2 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

Brought myself to watch the Hibs goals again. 

Biggest general issue was as I posted earlier, there were gaps between our full backs and our CBs that weren't being plugged quickly enough and Hibs players were always making darting runs into that space.

On reflection I don't think Fasan could have done anything at all about Goals 2 and 4. Third goal he should be saving it and why he didn't is anybody's guess - poor starting position?, first and fifth goals went straight through him - happens sometimes but shouldn't be happening often.

Tish was most culpable for first goal, pathetic - as we all thought at the time. He also saw Whittaker's run for second and let others deal with it - whether he could have made up enough ground to stop the shot is a moot point - probably not.

Can’t bare to watch it myself, but tell me, should we have had at least one penalty?

6 minutes ago, angus said:

Can’t bare to watch it myself, but tell me, should we have had at least one penalty?

Our penalty incidents weren't on BBC highlights so I don't know. Hibs' one was and it looked a tight call but probably not a pen. Someone may have watched whole game from Alba?

Jones was impeded, and it was a penalty in my opinion. I don't think the O'Donnell one was a penalty but maybe the camera angle didn't suit that one as much, but would have to go for not a penalty.

Still to watch the second half but from our stand I didn't think it was a penalty for them so I'm thinking the footage won't change my mind!

2 hours ago, KillieBus said:

Jones was impeded, and it was a penalty in my opinion. I don't think the O'Donnell one was a penalty but maybe the camera angle didn't suit that one as much, but would have to go for not a penalty.

Still to watch the second half but from our stand I didn't think it was a penalty for them so I'm thinking the footage won't change my mind!

The Jones one was a stonewaller and on Sportsound on way back from the game all presenters (even Willie Miller) were 100% in agreement it was a penalty. I think Stevie Clarkes reaction to the ref at half time says it all. Stevie said in his after match report he was sent to the stand because he told the ref a few truths at half time. 

Next season I don't want Stuart McLean, Nick Walsh and now this guy Robertson no where near Rugby Park. They are all poor referees.

5 minutes ago, Cammy201 said:

The Jones one was a stonewaller and on Sportsound on way back from the game all presenters (even Willie Miller) were 100% in agreement it was a penalty. I think Stevie Clarkes reaction to the ref at half time says it all. Stevie said in his after match report he was sent to the stand because he told the ref a few truths at half time. 

Next season I don't want Stuart McLean, Nick Walsh and now this guy Robertson no where near Rugby Park. They are all poor referees.

it's Steven McLean, bit harsh on his dad banning him cos his son's a prick!

For the Jones one, McGregor (?) seemed to put out an arm near Jones' waist as he went past him.

It wasn't enough force to bring down a wean but I've seen them given. Mind you, I've seen them given when there was clear daylight between defender and attacker so that phrase has been rendered obsolete.

The O'Donnell one, Stevenson seemed to lean into SOD who had got goal-side of him. The ball was within playing distance for SOD if he'd stayed on his feet and you'd want him to be a lot stronger.

By the law of averages (or even SOD's law!) you would expect to have got one of them because that seems to be how referees' minds work.

Listened to commentary of our full game on BBC radio,watched the full game highlights on alba on Saturday night (by the way like or loathe Neil Lennon he has put together some team) watched the Celtic training game yesterday on sky (were they actually playing a team who were supposed to be going for second place?)and watched most of the much hyped game from old Trafford yesterday and you know what our game was the best one by a distance __ though I may be a bit biased!

7 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Listened to commentary of our full game on BBC radio,watched the full game highlights on alba on Saturday night (by the way like or loathe Neil Lennon he has put together some team) watched the Celtic training game yesterday on sky (were they actually playing a team who were supposed to be going for second place?)and watched most of the much hyped game from old Trafford yesterday and you know what our game was the best one by a distance __ though I may be a bit biased!

It was a great game of football. Would have been a brilliant game of football had we got an equaliser...

Can't say any more than that.

On 4/30/2018 at 4:33 PM, KillieBus said:

It was a great game of football. Would have been a brilliant game of football had we got an equaliser...

We kinda did ... then didn't. My joy was short-lived after the scoreline flashed up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8sTQnPW3R8

* Tried posting this before/earlier (several times) but YouTube was acting the bollix ;)