Leo fasan

SM21

On his debut in the cup I thought he looked shaky and nervous especially from cross balls. Against Hamilton their goal was a strange one. Didn’t think it was his fault but can’t help thinking he could have done more. He produced some excellent saves in that game at important times. Last week against Aberdeen he dropped a clanger IMO. It’s weak for a goalkeeper to be beat from that angle from that distance out. The defence weren’t blameless but he has to do better. Again though he had a decent game round about that with some excellent saves again. Didn’t see any of today so reserve judgement on that.

Overall I’m still not sure. There are moments in there but he reminds me too much of Samson, Rascal, Dubordeu and Meldrum. I think there is better out there and wouldn’t be sad to see him go.

Can we not hang him out to dry just yet? 

Last three games, he kept us in the Hamilton game with his two saves then conceded that free kick that would be harsh to call his fault. Aberdeen game, makes a big mistake at the McLean goal. Today, none of the goals were his fault exactly but he's conceded five without doing an awful lot about any of them. 

But writing him off? Broadfoot, Boyd or Power wouldn't be in the team if going on their first few appearances this season. 

Lets hope Macdonald is back next week, but give Fasan a chance if not. 

Just seen the first two goals on BBC Alba, so far. He hadn't an earthly with either of them.

Same applies to the third but the defending in front of him was dreadful.

Can't blame him for the fourth either. It was a sublime through ball.

Nor can I see how he could have stopped the last one. No more so that Marciano could have saved Boydie's free kick.

What a game though. Think I'll go to Greyskull.

Edited by KillkieBoab

2 hours ago, piffer said:

On his debut in the cup I thought he looked shaky and nervous especially from cross balls. Against Hamilton their goal was a strange one. Didn’t think it was his fault but can’t help thinking he could have done more. He produced some excellent saves in that game at important times. Last week against Aberdeen he dropped a clanger IMO. It’s weak for a goalkeeper to be beat from that angle from that distance out. The defence weren’t blameless but he has to do better. Again though he had a decent game round about that with some excellent saves again. Didn’t see any of today so reserve judgement on that.

Overall I’m still not sure. There are moments in there but he reminds me too much of Samson, Rascal, Dubordeu and Meldrum. I think there is better out there and wouldn’t be sad to see him go.

This. 

42 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

After watching the game back on alba stand by my comments on the match thread that Fasan wasn’t at fault at any of the goals. 

I agree with that fact. On the other hand, I'd like to know how much his lack of organisational ability caused the situations the goals came from.

Im not making a judgement on that, as I dont know. Just asking the question.

4 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Good shot stopper? Awful shot stopper today. No way MacDonald let all them in.

I take it you weren't at Hamilton? ?Hes clearly a good stop stopper. He probably kept us in the game that day.

Agreed about McDonald though, hes far better!

1 hour ago, KillkieBoab said:

Just seen the first two goals on BBC Alba, so far. He hadn't an earthly with either of them.

Same applies to the third but the defending in front of him was dreadful.

Can't blame him for the fourth either. It was a sublime through ball.

Nor can I see how he could have stopped the last one. No more so that Marciano could have saved Boydie's free kick.

What a game though. Think I'll go to Greyskull.

At the risk of opening up the old Jamie MacDonald threads there are some posters on here who at the time were telling us that lack of defensive cover by our defenders and midfielders didn't excuse Jamie Mac from the majority of goals conceded by him so if we are to apply the same logic to Fasan well make your own assumption!

Is it a coincidence that the defence has been much shakier and we are giving away a lot more chances since the Hamilton game?  Couldnt decide today cause most of the goals were down the opposite end, but the defending looked brutal.  Christ we let the corpse of Steve Whittaker score an open goal, but not seen us look so open with Macdonald in nets.  

Thought he could maybe have been a bit more imposing for their first goal, but I think blaming him today is really harsh.

We were absolutely awful defensively at times, Fasan isn't why we conceded five.

I'd rather see MacDonald in goal, but blaming Fasan today seems like an agenda. An inverse Zorro, if you will.

As someone said earlier, he might not have been at fault for all the goals but he did nothing to prevent them. He faced 5 shots and conceded 5 goals. You want your keeper to at least have an influence on the game! 

Edit:

Sky Sports says they had 9 shots on target. I don't recall him making any big saves, so the point still remains. 

Edited by jesper

Pat Bonner is a bit of a tit but he was a high class keeper. 

I don’t remember him saying at any time in the commentary that either keeper could have done better. 

Marciano was as culpable, if not more so, for goals conceded as Fasan including the disallowed Killie effort. 

It’s convenient to point the finger at the new keeper but some of the defending was really poor. 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

It’s convenient to point the finger at the new keeper but some of the defending was really poor. 

It also can't be overlooked. He's shipped 8 goals in 3 games. It took Jamie Mac 11 games before that to concede 8 goals with, predominantly, the same defence. 

Yes, he's not directly at fault but he's clearly a big factor. 

Edited by jesper
Formatting

1 hour ago, jesper said:

As someone said earlier, he might not have been at fault for all the goals but he did nothing to prevent them. He faced 5 shots and conceded 5 goals. You want your keeper to at least have an influence on the game!

This. But I will add I felt he could have done better for some of the goals. Jamie is a far superior goalkeeper

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:34 AM, bute-killiefan said:

This. But I will add I felt he could have done better for some of the goals. Jamie is a far superior goalkeeper

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:34 AM, bute-killiefan said:

I agree Jamie is a sounder goalkeeper.  Fasan has managed some good blocks but that is not effective unless in doing so you get the ball clear of follow up danger and I don't think he has done that on a few occasions that have lead to subsequent goals. Freddie Woodman is still the best Killie goalkeeper I've seen since Alan McCulloch.

23 minutes ago, zinger said:

Freddie Woodman is still the best Killie goalkeeper I've seen since Alan McCulloch.

Not Dragoje Lekovic or Marshall?

I felt Woodman was poor when he first came in to the team, but went onto become a good solid keeper once his confidence rose.   

Fasan needs more than 3 games to determine whether he is a good keeper or not.