Tshibola

Killieboykfc

Ability is one thing but attitude and game awareness is another. I'm sorry but getting increasingly fed up watching this guy doddling about. Really weak challenge on Allan directly leads to the first goal yesterday. For the third he decides to allow Whittaker to run forward and points at him instead to persons unknown whilst literally in no mans land. If he had Alan Power's commitment it would be a different story, but the harsh truth is he doesn't and you cannie just switch that on. I'm sure he's very good at keepie uppie but so was Rashid Sarwar!

There's truth in all of the posts in this thread, but for me the key factors are his seeming lack of urgency and lack of involvement when he's off the ball. I was watching him during the warm-up at Firhill and as the other players were jogging back to the changing rooms, he was sluggishly dragging his heels and looking completely disinterested. When he came as a sub, the first thing he did was give the ball away with a slack pass that put us under unnecessary pressure.

I think we can all agree that there's a player in there, but IMHO not one that's suitable for the blood 'n snotters Scottish game.

You can see the frustration in a player like Tshibola, I was all for having him signed for next season after a few games as he looks to have it all in terms of skill, strength etc. and I believed his work rate/approach was simply a getting up to speed issue.

Fast forward and he still dosn't seem up to speed or maybe his lack of aggression etc. is compounded playing beside Mulumbu / Power / Dicker who always give their all even if they aren't playing well.

6 hours ago, Dieselfeet said:

There's truth in all of the posts in this thread, but for me the key factors are his seeming lack of urgency and lack of involvement when he's off the ball. I was watching him during the warm-up at Firhill and as the other players were jogging back to the changing rooms, he was sluggishly dragging his heels and looking completely disinterested. When he came as a sub, the first thing he did was give the ball away with a slack pass that put us under unnecessary pressure.

I think we can all agree that there's a player in there, but IMHO not one that's suitable for the blood 'n snotters Scottish game.

Consistent views being expressed here. Looks like total agreement. Slow,  uninterested, gives the ball away too often and on Saturday was at fault for 2 of the goals. He has been like this for months now so we can do better than him. One to let go at end of season as he has had his chances.

Think Erwin had similar disinterested look until around Christmas time when Clarke must have gave him a kick in the arse. 

Knocking your pan in even if you aren’t playing well should be a given as a pro footballer. Exceptions can be made if you have incredible ability like Eremenko etc but that is very rare.

Erwin I think has come on a bit, to be honest I’d written him off by Christmas as Brophy was flying.

Erwin at his age could still go and get a big move if he really worked at it. A lot of raw potential there and also Brophy.

Tish seems to no really be bothered he is probably on 10k + a week at Villa and still has a year to run. He has all the physical attributes to do well in this league. Unfortunately his desire and willingness to put a shift in like we need from our midfield isn’t there. As said above I’d rather have Rory instead of him. 

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Think Erwin had similar disinterested look until around Christmas time when Clarke must have gave him a kick in the arse. 

Knocking your pan in even if you aren’t playing well should be a given as a pro footballer. Exceptions can be made if you have incredible ability like Eremenko etc but that is very rare.

Erwin I think has come on a bit, to be honest I’d written him off by Christmas as Brophy was flying.

Erwin at his age could still go and get a big move if he really worked at it. A lot of raw potential there and also Brophy.

Tish seems to no really be bothered he is probably on 10k + a week at Villa and still has a year to run. He has all the physical attributes to do well in this league. Unfortunately his desire and willingness to put a shift in like we need from our midfield isn’t there. As said above I’d rather have Rory instead of him. 

Agree with you on all of this, the only bit I'd question is why Erwin is starting before Brophy still. 

I understood at the start it was possibly a confidence building exercise, but he still offers too little, too often - the very same as Tshibola. In terms of Erwin though, we have a hungry, and instant, replacement in Brophy. Intensive work rate and he has proven earlier in the season that he can score goals - baffles me that he's not a regular starter, particularly with Rory injured. 

Edited by jesper

4 minutes ago, jesper said:

Agree with you on all of this, the only bit I'd question is why Erwin is starting before Brophy still. 

I understood at the start it was possibly a confidence building exercise, but he still offers too little, too often - the very same as Tshibola. In terms of Erwin though, we have a hungry, and instant, replacement in Brophy. Intensive work rate and he has proven earlier in the season that he can score goals - baffles me that he's not a regular starter, particularly with Rory injured. 

Part of me wonders if we're managing Brophy - maybe there's a little issue that may require minor surgery at the end of the season.  Without looking at the stats, I would have though Erwin and Brophy probably have a 50/50 split in recent games?

Tshibola won't be particularly missed I wouldn't say... I reckon SC will find someone who contributes more.

On 4/29/2018 at 3:57 PM, SaucyJackPirate said:

It’s not when people on here want to sign him.  Point is he will be expensive and sub par.  Doubt Aaron Simpson is on wages anywhere near Tishbola and I don’t expect a youth prospect at Wolves to be on a wage such as our 1st team, but I will concede that I have no idea so could be wrong.

Simpson pish ----toshiba - !!-- gets away with it 

Not a fan of Simpson at all.

Tish, I am completely undecided. Down to ten men against Dundee and he stepped up a level and strolled it. Problem is a lot of the time he is just strolling about. Just seems a lack of desire from him. If he's available for loan and it's financially viable then he's worth keeping around.

Not a fan of either myself. Would be happy enough if Tishbola left in summer. I actually thought he had left as hadn’t seen him in a while. I thought Simpson played well 2nd half against Hamilton but not seen anything else that fills me with confidence. Plus his twitter pic is him in a wolves top. That just annoys me!

16 minutes ago, RabG1869 said:

Not a fan of either myself. Would be happy enough if Tishbola left in summer. I actually thought he had left as hadn’t seen him in a while. I thought Simpson played well 2nd half against Hamilton but not seen anything else that fills me with confidence. Plus his twitter pic is him in a wolves top. That just annoys me!

Why would it annoy you when he's on loan from there?

2 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

As far as I can see Ian Wilson is equally as capable as Tshibola. 

In fact he's more versatile. 

Wilson is certainly more effective for us. Folk say Tshibola came onto a game after Dicker's red card v Dundee but I don't remember coming away from that thinking he'd won us the game! As others have said enough time has gone by for Tish to show us what he's got to offer.