Jezza gets it.

Zorro

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

If its paraphrased, it's paraphrased by the nationalist journos on a Nationalist paper, and it's still comparing Scotland with England, ya Zoomer. Luckily, people are at last seeing through it. You'll defend anything, absolutly anything. You actually don't know how stupid you look. 

You simply don’t read posts or the subject you try and use to make your ridiculous points.

i didn’t defend anything, merely pointed out the clear error in your post which made YOU look like an idiot.

the paraphrased article which you then paraphrased yourself.  Doesn’t try and say anyone’s billionaires are better.  It comments on the different impact of both geographical billionaires on their respective economies.  One makes money for the top section of the economy by playing with other folks money, while one makes more of an impact on the middle and lower portions of the economy.

which one IF it was mandatory would you have?  The top down trickle bollocks of the London economic model or the bottom up one which makes jobs for many more people?

Couple of quick questions - with oil nudging up towards $80 a barrel, would I be right in assuming this is a good thing for Scotland, with us also having an abundance of flammable baby boxes? My thinking being that the price might deter any casual arsonists from going on a baby box burning spree. A theory supported by the lack of baby box fires this week. 

With oil prices being so volatile (and oil also being a burden) should the Scottish government introduce MUP on fuel to keep babies safe? Lower prices could encourage fire starters to start more fires. Keeping the price artificially high might deter them. Long term it may also help lessen oil use in Scotland. 

As we’ll all be aware Scottish oil is notoriously more difficult and expensive to extract than Norwegian oil. Luckily for us we have the support of many philanthropic multinational companies, willing to rid our waters of this dangerous and volatile commodity, despite there being no profit in it for them. Should the Scottish government use taxpayers money to send the CEO’s of these companies a bunch of flowers and or chocolates as a thank you?

6 hours ago, Zorro said:

Couple of quick questions - with oil nudging up towards $80 a barrel, would I be right in assuming this is a good thing for Scotland, with us also having an abundance of flammable baby boxes? My thinking being that the price might deter any casual arsonists from going on a baby box burning spree. A theory supported by the lack of baby box fires this week. 

With oil prices being so volatile (and oil also being a burden) should the Scottish government introduce MUP on fuel to keep babies safe? Lower prices could encourage fire starters to start more fires. Keeping the price artificially high might deter them. Long term it may also help lessen oil use in Scotland. 

As we’ll all be aware Scottish oil is notoriously more difficult and expensive to extract than Norwegian oil. Luckily for us we have the support of many philanthropic multinational companies, willing to rid our waters of this dangerous and volatile commodity, despite there being no profit in it for them. Should the Scottish government use taxpayers money to send the CEO’s of these companies a bunch of flowers and or chocolates as a thank you?

And to think I only bought in at $45, us Scots have no financial awareness at all

Good diversions, lads. The article is lifted directly from the Nationalist (SNP Daily Mail) and nowt to do with Kevin Hague. I see the Indy supporting Sunday Herald and the Indy supporting Angela Haggerty are getting it large for " doing down " the Scottish Government. These people clearly haven't takenn board they we live in s one party state and that no criticism us tolerated! Abuse rained in if course. 

Still, good to see the Nats fighting amongst themselves, as the dream fades further and further away. When's the referendum, Krankie? Can't come quick enough.

59 minutes ago, diamond_geezer said:

I’m hoping that comrade McIlroy might dispense some of his unearned wealth so that we may retain Mulumbu and JJ. Money  is only fun when you spend it . 

And here's  me thinking  it was only evil Tories and Red Tories that speculated in the markets. You live and learn. 

1 hour ago, Mcilroy56 said:

And to think I only bought in at $45, us Scots have no financial awareness at all

Oh no, we've got plenty. We're as Tory as the rest of the UK when it comes to money. I should know, I sat and listened to a massive cross section of them complaining about paying taxes and welfare scroungers in a past life. And funnily enough, it was the same in England and Scotland,. But hey, an Independent Scotland will be a Tory free progressive heaven!!

Won't it?

17 hours ago, Zorro said:

Hague, Hothersall, Torrance....the Unionists would win hands down at bats**t crazy, f**knugget, zoomery. 

Oops I forgot Jill Stephenson better known as Historywoman. She takes Yoonery to a different level. A total Yoonatic.

I have to be honest and give you credit where credit's due. I don't think anyone does Nat Zoomery better that your good self. You are the man.....

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I have to be honest and give you credit where credit's due. I don't think anyone does Nat Zoomery better that your good self. You are the man.....

Lolz. As if you expect anyone to believe you’re capable of being honest. 

Btw, it must have gladdened your heart to see Labour voting with those “divisive” snp msps yesterday. You must have known it was only a matter of time now that Corbyn is onboard with independence. 

7 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Btw, it must have gladdened your heart to see Labour voting with those “divisive” snp msps yesterday. You must have known it was only a matter of time now that Corbyn is onboard with independence. 

C'mon Zorro. Don't you know it's a 1 party state up here. ^_^

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

And here's  me thinking  it was only evil Tories and Red Tories that speculated in the markets. You live and learn. 

You should know all about “dodgy” dealings in the stock exchange ,

I’m sure you must have heard some good stories

Edited by Mcilroy56

7 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

I’m hoping that comrade McIlroy might dispense some of his unearned wealth so that we may retain Mulumbu and JJ. Money  is only fun when you spend it . 

Not a comrade in the Red Tory sense like “brother” McLean, but always willing to contribute to the Killie cause

16 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

You should know all about “dodgy” dealings in the stock exchange ,

I’m sure you must have heard some good stories

Thought that was the obvious, if predictable response. I'm sure you recall me patiently explaining before that in the financial advice world, if any customer didn't want risk they got a guaranteed product and if they wanted some risk, as some did, they could choose their own level. (Just like you chose when you invested in oil. Although investing in a single commodity would be way off the risk scale of even our most adventurous fund). Entirely their choice. It made no difference to my remuneration, unless the chose nothing of course. Anyway, why let the truth get in the way of a good slur. I wouldn't presume to know all the ins and outs of being a succesful centre forward or a business banker, so maybe we should stick to commenting on what we know about. Hope that helps  :) 

Edited by Mclean07

2 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Not a comrade in the Red Tory sense like “brother” McLean, but always willing to contribute to the Killie cause

More a "comrade" in the tartan Tory sense.

What do we want? More middle class benefits!! When do we want them? Now!! 

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Thought that was the obvious, if predictable response. I'm sure you recall me patiently explaining before that in the financial advice world, if any customer didn't want risk they got a guaranteed product and if they wanted some risk, as some did, they could choose their own level. (Just like you chose when you invested in oil. Although investing in a single commodity would be way off the risk scale of even our most adventurous fund). Entirely their choice. It made no difference to my remuneration, unless the chose nothing of course. Anyway, why let the truth get in the way of a good slur. I wouldn't presume to know all the ins and outs of being a succesful centre forward or a business banker, so maybe we should stick to commenting on what we know about. Hope that helps  :) 

Guessed that would be the response from you, thinking it was all about you, but if you read my post, the pause was deliberate to give you the opportunity to think “poor me, always the victim” when if fact it was just a post about you hearing about dodgy dealings and not involved in them. You know I am well aware of  financial advisers regulations. So no slur for you to pathetically try to pin on anyone. And you have no idea how diverse my portfolio is and who administers it, so no need to jump to ill concocted conclusions. Hope that helps :) 

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

More a "comrade" in the tartan Tory sense.

What do we want? More middle class benefits!! When do we want them? Now!! 

Was great to hear Len McClusky admitting that he is having trouble dealing with a large number of right wing Labour politicians, who’d have thunk it.

9 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Was great to hear Len McClusky admitting that he is having trouble dealing with a large number of right wing Labour politicians, who’d have thunk it.

Len McClusky :) :) :) He does love his luxury flats. I'm pretty sure every single "Right Wing" Labour MP will be well to the left of Fergus Ewing, John Swinney and that fine capitalist that the Tories love, Ian Blackford.....and the rest.  Post that list for us again of measures the Nats have introduced that he would he have approved of. Probably best to leave out the middle class subsidies, but go on, let's have your list of the Nats progressive measures. After that I'll give you Labour's and we can compare. I'm waiting..........

Edited by Mclean07

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Len McClusky :) :) :) He does love his luxury flats. I'm pretty sure every single "Right Wing" Labour MP will be well to the left of Fergus Ewing, John Swinney and that fine capitalist that the Tories love, Ian Blackford.....and the rest.  Post that list for us again of measures the Nats have introduced that he would he have approved of. Probably best to leave out the middle class subsidies, but go on, let's have your list of the Nats progressive measures. After that I'll give you Labour's and we can compare. I'm waiting..........

Ah ancient history, that wasn’t a subject I was very interested in at school, but I will concede that back in the day lad Labour did implement some worthwhile strategies into our life. It’s a bit like sitting on grandads knee with your horlicks listening to that same old story as he gets you off to sleep. But grandad, what can the new generation of politicians do to address the current issues, because back then we had some clever, unselfish labour politicians, but now they are attracted to the blue light like flies at night. Shut up horrible child and go to sleep, grampa knows best and I will be bringing out that broken record tomorrow night until you learn your lesson. 

11 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Politicians are the biggest two face liars and hypocrites to be found in today's society. Who'd have thunk it.

1 hour ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Ah ancient history, that wasn’t a subject I was very interested in at school, but I will concede that back in the day lad Labour did implement some worthwhile strategies into our life. It’s a bit like sitting on grandads knee with your horlicks listening to that same old story as he gets you off to sleep. But grandad, what can the new generation of politicians do to address the current issues, because back then we had some clever, unselfish labour politicians, but now they are attracted to the blue light like flies at night. Shut up horrible child and go to sleep, grampa knows best and I will be bringing out that broken record tomorrow night until you learn your lesson. 

No, not ancient history. The last Labour Govt. now where's that list of achievements, so we can compare. I think gdevoy came up with bridge tolls once :) 

image.png.4ac822351f6071caee9f0e5e59b6dc0d.pngimage.png.137b79aa895072d9c8961ddb4a6755a6.png

What I've been saying for years. The sycophancy from the clapping seals leads to no debate and bad decisions. A lot of SNP figures seem to be coming round to my way of thinking recently.

You consider the SNP’s stance on fracking, Brexit and protection of the devolution settlement to be bad decisions? 

image.png.4ac822351f6071caee9f0e5e59b6dc0d.pngimage.png.137b79aa895072d9c8961ddb4a6755a6.png

What I've been saying for years. The sycophancy from the clapping seals leads to no debate and bad decisions. A lot of SNP figures seem to be coming round to my way of thinking recently.

The fact Jim Sillars is criticising Nicola is probably the best indication she is on the right path that I can think of.

This is the man who wanted Scotland out of NATO, out of the EU and having its own Scottish currency. Jim must have his very own brand of magic mushrooms.