SPFL relegation / play offs

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why did anyone feel for us when we were in that position?  I hope county go down and thistle stay up just for the rivalry.  But livi will get eaten alive next season so perhaps best for them to come up?

Livi might stay up if they get promoted. Hopkin has been impressive since becoming manager and St. Mirren will struggle if Ross leaves in the close season. Can't see either Thistle or Staggies making rapid improvement next season if they stay up.

50 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why did anyone feel for us when we were in that position?  I hope county go down and thistle stay up just for the rivalry.  But livi will get eaten alive next season so perhaps best for them to come up?

That team they had out against the Arabs would get eaten alive in the Premiership. They would need to strengthen to survive.

At present I could see either Thistle or Rocco running over the top of them.

On 5/11/2018 at 12:12 PM, mitch14 said:

The first leg of that playoff was one of my favourite games all season. Goals, atrocious defending and willo Flood. Suspect the Premiership team will be fine though. 

Agree about that game. It was fantastic entertainment. Tend to disagree about outcome of next game. Thistle have been soft this season and Livvy are as hard as feck. We’ll see. Hope Thistle stay up though for the rivalry, easy to get to and the fact we will continue to horse them. 

Watching Livi in these games and their "style", can understand why Frizzell has not featured much for them , strange loan deal ...as for Thistle even if they scrape through wonder if Archibald will keep his job .....or if he will get budget needed to turnaround that squad 

Never thought i would hear myself say this , but, cmon Thistle , the thought of another set of absolute thugs on the pitch, playing fvck off football that bring no fans to RP is more than i can take.

In regards to Archibald, i think he will be kept in some role, but we have set the standard tbh, you can invest in two players or a decent manager looking for work and looking  to put himself back in the market, lets face it SSC has made Lee Macs team look pretty good.

2 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

And next season they will have the same playing surface as Accies (and us)...much to Allan Preston's disgust ("Not for me. Not in the top division").

Accies upgrading to FieldTurf are they? Saw on the tweets that they've been pulling up that Tiger Turf rubbish

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Watching Livi in these games and their "style", can understand why Frizzell has not featured much for them , strange loan deal ...as for Thistle even if they scrape through wonder if Archibald will keep his job .....or if he will get budget needed to turnaround that squad 

Agreed. Was just thinking that Frizzell is the polar opposite of what their teams genetic makeup and playing style.

Hopkins has done a sensational job there. It's percentage football but he's managing to get a song from guys who probably would be considered not good enough or damaged goods.