SPFL relegation / play offs

55 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

Totally agree. It was interesting to read Jim Duffy's column in the paper through the week where he explained how Livingston had a style in League One that appealed more to the football purists but Hopkin felt he had to change things to have a chance in the Championship. I've heard John Hartson talking about Hopkin (Hartson does some coaching at Livi) and he is very impressed with the manager's attention to detail. It will be interesting to see what happens at Firhill tomorrow. I'll be listening in.

Before the game on Thursday I thought Partick would have too much for them albeit they have a terrible defence. Livi dont play great football but the game is about getting a result with the resouces you have within the rules of the game. Livi were organised fit and up for it. They had a game plan to target Particks frailties at high balls (looking for knock downs) and at cross balls. It worked a treat and the could have had more. Partick looked totally beatten and unlike when we lost to Falkirk they did not play well in the first leg and I cant where they can get the result from tomorrow barring a total livi collapse. 

Livingston only won 8 league games at home throughout the season, so playing away clearly suits them.

The general consensus post season seems to be that Ross County were too hasty in sacking Jim McIntyre. I wonder if Thistle have been too loyal to Archibald? Saying that, a win tomorrow and all will be forgiven.

1 hour ago, diamond_geezer said:

I’m at game and Thistle have been diabolical 

Worst team in the league go down. They are soooo soft centred with poseurs a’plenty. Surprised at so soft they are given the manager’s robust playing style. Livvy’s promotion is no surprise up against two shambolic teams in Utd and Jags. Shame for Killie fans IMO cos Firhill is a decent and close away trip. Ferranti Thistle/ Meadowbank again - gads. Still the Maureens are also up which is derby-ish.