Lager

LH31

Depends on where I am really - I only really drink lagers when in/out with mates. Depending at which of my two locals I'm at it'll be Innes & Gunn or Menabrea. If I'm buying a crate it'll most likely be Budweiser or Coors. If I'm buying a few beers for myself I normally go for some weird-named real ales.

I went out for a meal last night at the glasshouse restaurant at Rowallan. Their beer taps were broken and I was particularly gutted because Heverlee would have been one of the options, I think it's a smashing lager. It's not the same drinking out of bottles or cans when you're out in pubs or restaurants, you can do that in the house. A pint is magnif.

On that note, the best pint in Killie is a Heineken from the brass and granite. Frosted glass, it's beautiful. 

The best value for money is a bottle of Bavaria from Lidl for 88p, it's one of the big bottles and the beer itself is decent. You'd have thought by the name that it's a German beer, but it's actually Dutch.

Some of favourites from the bottle are Estrella, San Miguel, Peroni red (from Bella italia), Warsteiner, Kronenburg, Moretti and Amstel.

Depending on where I am, I wouldn't usually order Tennents, Carling, Becks, Carlsberg (except export) or Miller. 

4 minutes ago, Killie1984 said:

Czech or German for me.

Also Modelo is a nice wee refreshing brew from Mexico

The Innes and Gunn larger on tap is nice as well.

The cochrane has recently swapped Innes and Gunn for Heineken in the frosted glass I'm led to believe. Innes and Gunn is nice enough too though. 

I've also been told that the Tackety Bit are now serving pints of Paulaner. Never had it but I'll be sure to give it a try over the next few weeks. 

3 hours ago, LH31 said:

Lots of posh answers in here - where do you source these fine lagers in the local supermarkets?

Morrisons do yer Estrella, Warsteiner, Keo, Moretti, Sagres, San Miguel and 3 or 4 others. Lidl for 88p bottles of Bavaria. ASDA have a couple of the other ones mentioned.

The long house and the Tackety Bit have Heverlee on tap. First edition do Amstel.